• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The European Landmass

You can download it from the same place. I replaced the previous file with the 2.0 version. Figure each one should be an improvement, so earlier versions aren't too necessary.

Will this be the last update for sometime? I want to play test, just don't want to get deep into a game, and then there is an update.

Will this be the last update for sometime? I want to play test, just don't want to get deep into a game, and then there is an update.
Yeah, I will probably update it maybe on Sunday or Monday, I am thinking I will spend until then testing it and seeing what I need to update. Any help on this would be great.

Yeah, I will probably update it maybe on Sunday or Monday, I am thinking I will spend until then testing it and seeing what I need to update. Any help on this would be great.

sounds good. Just from looking at the the map in worldbuilder for some time, I have a few suggestions. Africa, and the Iberian peninsula are empty, I understand that their is no Spain, or Carthage Civs, and I understand your aware of the emptiness. However, my suggestion (if possible, never the modder type, just a tester and suggester) is to rename a few city-states to add. Carthage would be Militaristic while Lisbon would be Maritime, and there is a ton of cities from Spain to chose from. Again, I am not sure if this is possible, but the map feels slightly abandoned without any action in Iberia or Northern Africa.

EDIT: I also agree with the commenter who suggested removing some of Scandinavia and adding Egypt. Again all just suggestions. Thanks for all your work, off to play!

sounds good. Just from looking at the the map in worldbuilder for some time, I have a few suggestions. Africa, and the Iberian peninsula are empty, I understand that their is no Spain, or Carthage Civs, and I understand your aware of the emptiness. However, my suggestion (if possible, never the modder type, just a tester and suggester) is to rename a few city-states to add. Carthage would be Militaristic while Lisbon would be Maritime, and there is a ton of cities from Spain to chose from. Again, I am not sure if this is possible, but the map feels slightly abandoned without any action in Iberia or Northern Africa.
I know! I'm wondering if there is a way to rename and customize city-states, even made a post about it, but I just don't know how. City states are good placeholders until the actual civ comes out, if only to prevent one civ from over-expanding.

I know! I'm wondering if there is a way to rename and customize city-states, even made a post about it, but I just don't know how. City states are good placeholders until the actual civ comes out, if only to prevent one civ from over-expanding.

I see...I see.. so we can hope. Also Civs start with two techs instead of just farming like Vanilla Civ V, not sure if this was done intentional or this is the carry over from the Civ IV transfer as IV we use to start with two techs.

I see...I see.. so we can hope. Also Civs start with two techs instead of just farming like Vanilla Civ V, not sure if this was done intentional or this is the carry over from the Civ IV transfer as IV we use to start with two techs.
Must be a carry on from Civ IV, because I didn't do anything with techs. I'll fix that in the next release, which will probably come out in a few days. It's a pain to reupload to file and get new screenshots up, so I'll wait until I have something really different before I re-upload. Thanks for the suggestions.

How about a compromise: Remove Genova and add Monaco a bit westwards instead.
Genova and Venice will early bounce onto each other, and then the poor Roman nation is blocked.

Here some other suggestions:

- Add Egypt nation to the Nile region, so they can expand westwards along the otherwise empty African coast
- Move Arabia nation south-eastwards into the desert. Add a few more oasis and other resources there to make it easier for them to expand in all directions
- Bucharest should be roughly two fields east and one field north-east of its current location

And please don't forget to increase the strategic resource amount everywhere. 1 unit is too harsh.

How about a compromise: Remove Genova and add Monaco a bit westwards instead.
Genova and Venice will early bounce onto each other, and then the poor Roman nation is blocked.

Here some other suggestions:

- Add Egypt nation to the Nile region, so they can expand westwards along the otherwise empty African coast
- Move Arabia nation south-eastwards into the desert. Add a few more oasis and other resources there to make it easier for them to expand in all directions
- Bucharest should be roughly two fields east and one field north-east of its current location

And please don't forget to increase the strategic resource amount everywhere. 1 unit is too harsh.

I like Geneva better because I look at it as a sovereign state between France and Rome its strategic as well as you need to cross Geneva to get through the Alps unless you go around through Venice. This will cause interesting diplomacy. Rome can expand throughout Hispania. Especially with embark Rome should have no problem dominating the Mediterranean especially Western. This is why Carthage and an Iberian State is important

I agree with your other suggestions. Egypt is key.

Indeed you can add City-States and modify them. I'd say use the recently released Modder's Guide (by Kael) to help you.

Anyway, good job :goodjob:

I love maps of Europe to play, but I'd love a smaller version of the map - cutting out a bit of north Africa and a lot of Russia and Mesopotamia. The huge maps take way too long when you have to press end turn... I really wish I could play huge maps without HUGE DELAYS!!! If anyone has tips on improving performance, let me know.

I know the feeling, russia was just too damn empty on many civ Europe maps. Why my last map I used a tilted projection : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=376908

Shifted it up to get arabia and a lot of desert in but the thing about desert is it is unhabitable and like a southern ocean with caverly except ships :p

"The size of the map is 107 by 90 tiles. It includes, clockwise around the Mediterranean:"

On world builder i only seem to be able to build a map that is no wider than 128 and no taller than 90. How did you get around that? I am trying to build this biggest map possible.

Thanks

:D

Civnash....the map is 107x90 as u Stated yourself...it fits with current max parameters of 128x90 (quite a bit smaller than max size)....Confused.

Thank you for all of the suggestions, they are not falling on deaf ears. I will get to work on this and have an update up in a day or two.
"The size of the map is 107 by 90 tiles. It includes, clockwise around the Mediterranean:"

On world builder i only seem to be able to build a map that is no wider than 128 and no taller than 90. How did you get around that? I am trying to build this biggest map possible.

Thanks

:D
Yeah, I imported it into the game from Civ4. So I guess that is the only way to get an above possible dimensions map.

So I took a gander at this map via the worldbuilder...

It does not appear the resources have been updated, all of them are still set too one.

Great job on the map - it looks awesome!
I for one disagree with the majority - I don't think part of Scandinavia should be cut off in favour of more Africa. It is very nice as it is.

May I suggest adding the Egyptian Civilization, though?
And as others have suggested, fill out North Africa and Iberia with city states. In my opinion, you should load Eastern Europe up with city states as well, as currently it just seems a bit too vacant.

Good job, though, mate! :)

So I took a gander at this map via the worldbuilder...

It does not appear the resources have been updated, all of them are still set too one.
I have updated the resources, just not the new map. I am gonna try to make some more major differences, as opposed to updating it every day. I will have a more balanced, accurate, and FUN! version out in a day or two.

Great job on the map - it looks awesome!
I for one disagree with the majority - I don't think part of Scandinavia should be cut off in favour of more Africa. It is very nice as it is.

May I suggest adding the Egyptian Civilization, though?
And as others have suggested, fill out North Africa and Iberia with city states. In my opinion, you should load Eastern Europe up with city states as well, as currently it just seems a bit too vacant.

Good job, though, mate! :)
Thanks. I wish I knew how to add like 10 or so tiles to the map, so it could go further south, as well as adding new city-states. I am going to research that right now. I agree, Iberia and Eastern Europe are very empty. If you look at my Civ 4 version, there was a lot more civilizations on the map.

Civnash....the map is 107x90 as u Stated yourself...it fits with current max parameters of 128x90 (quite a bit smaller than max size)....Confused.

Sorry....I meant i thought the max width was was 80....Doesn't matter though, my real question is there any way to exceed the 128 x 80 slider on map builder?

Top Bottom