The Evolution...

NikNaks

Deity
This has been brewing for a couple of months now, and I finally got it stable. So here goes...

Welcome to the Evolution...

Download v0.11 Patch
Please note that this is more or less a beta version, without past and future techs which we hope to have soon!

This is the true evolution of cIV. We have made, and are still making, it bigger, better, broader, and more enjoyable than ever. Soon, expect the future to be bigger and better than ever. Also, expect more skins, more flavor, more of everything you could imagine.

But, NON-WARLORDS
Please help ;)

Mods Included:
Regiments (seZereth, Porges)
Ethnically Diverse Units (Rabbit, White)
Zuul's Exotic Animals (Zuul)
Frenchman's Graphics (frenchman)
Sevopedia [updated] (Sevo, Vovan, Progor)
MAD Nukes Mod (The Lopez)
Better Ship Scale Fleets (Elhoim)
GreatPersonModwithRenamerMod (Patricius/TheLopez)
Sumeria [With CivGold ALH](monkspider + various)

Coming soon:
Bigger Future
Bigger Past
CivGold 3 as add-on
CCP
2UUs
ActualQuotes 2.0
More techs (with buttons by Frenchman)
More units
Civ-specific tanks and planes (e.g. Churchill for England as Tank)
Realistic currency
On-screen advisors (like Civ III)
Many new buildings
New religion - Evolution
New wonders
And more...

Ideas + Suggestions are welcome here

If there are any bugs, PM me with the info.

To install:
1. Extract the zip into your '%install dir%/Civilization 4/Mods/ directory
2. Run the 'greatpersonartpath.bat' once to enable the Great People images.

To play, run the mod from the main menu, via 'Advanced; Load a Mod; Evolution'.

Version History:
Spoiler :
v0.11
Added better advisors

v0.1
First Release
Merged Mods:
Exotic Animals
EDUs
Regiments
MAD Nukes
GreatPersonMod with RenamerMod

P.S. 100 posts! [party]

The Team:
Myself for XML
Elit3 for some skinning and translations
bmaxa68 for SDK
Vehem for Python
frenchman for some 2D Graphics

Credits:
sepamu
Rabbit, White
seZereth
Porges
Zuul
frenchman
Sevo
Vovan
Progor
Elhoim
The Lopez
Patricius
monkspider

edited: taken out.

Let see, so it suppose to be the evolutions, maybe you need to add in some custom technology that goes all the way back to the dawn of man and how they evolve all the way to our modern world. If you like, add in the future as well.

How big is the file, is it over 10 mb? If not you should upload it to CivFantic's File Database. If it is bigger then 10 mb then just ignore this and chalk it up as a simple pug for the CFC FDB. ;)

No, its a fair bit over. Nice thought though. ;) C'mon acceptance e-mail...

EDIT: Check the first post for the link.
If anyone wants to help with Warlords compatability, scenarios or anything, PM me, or post in the Ideas & Suggestions thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=188854).

@ Vincentiko

This mod is a more in depth perspective of civilization 3. It's focused on realism. Bigger & better than the original Civ. Instead of dealing with 1,000 gold, you would be dealing with 1,000,000,000. And instead of money being marked as "gold" it will be marked as "Currency" Since nobody uses gold in real world money trading nowadays. Thats just and example. NikNak has a download link for the beta version of evolution up top.

*Note this version is without the waaaaaay back past and future added techs. I guess you can call it a trial version.

In regards to confusion I think the problem with this MODcomposite is that the way it has been branded: It is called Sid Meier's Civilization Evolution and the skeleton diagram you have lay a strong resemblance to this:

You say that what you want to achieve is realism and more content, but what you must accept is that there are dozens of MODcomposites that want to do the exact same thing. What makes you special?

The new currency system is intriguing. Will different civilizations be able to have their own currency? Will it add a realistic inflation dynamic to the game? If so then this MODcomposite will stand out.
Good luck.

Quijote said:
The new currency system is intriguing. Will different civilizations be able to have their own currency? Will it add a realistic inflation dynamic to the game?
We are thinking about that, but we are trying to find a way to implement it well. At the moment, it's mainly just a mod merge with more in it. There's much more to come. ;)

P.S. Can I borrow that pic?

Top Bottom