The First(and hopefully only) Reich

=== 370 BC ===

The year 370 BC brings great news! As if a retribution for the defection of Tangier back to Carthage, the island of Corsica defects to the German Reich! Our Mediterranean position is far more secure. Apparently the citizens hated their government so much they were willing to give German rule a try instead.

Indeed, 5/7 citizens in Corsica were tax collectors! We abolish the rigid, oppressive taxation system so that only the head tax is paid. We are rewarded with cheers from all over the island, who even sing the German anthem!

-- Operation: Zion Ambition (Kudos to anyone who can tell where that title is from!) --

Following the defection of Corsica to the greater country of Germany, our move against the Israelites continued during the Levantine War. The Israelites were primitive, but their religion motivated them to fight to the death.

We'll first look at the campaign in the South. 800 German musketmen had been dropped behind enemy lines to attack Jerusalem proper. The enemy did not notice, and sent troops through Arabic territory towards Antioch. This left spearmen - who were even worse then bowmen - to defend the holy capital of Monotheism. 2700 soldiers total protected the city. Within minutes, they were cut down to 7 contingents of 100 men. Our musketmen advanced against the fools who dared call Europeans barbaric.

Only 100 musketmen died while killing 200 bowmen. Our forces further north then pressed on against Antioch. Shelling from offshore vessels killed 1500 men, and it was estimated that a mere 600 or so was all that was left to defend it. 400 Israelite bowmen were massacred without any losses on the part of the Teutonic Knights.

From the battle of Antioch, we gained a new military leader! He was shipped back to the homelands, where he would befriend General Barbarossa shortly before his demise.

Only 200 Teutons gave their lives before Antioch fell into German hands, giving us a gateway into the Middle East. Of course, Antioch was still resistant - the majority of citizens were Greek in ancestry, and so they opposed us just as much as Israelites did. Luckily, most citizens were pacified once we abolished all added taxes besides the head tax.

--

Subsequent bombings of Jerusalem destroyed it's holy, sacred temple. This further angered the Jewish people to fight against us. The army base was also destroyed, and 40% of the people in the city were killed or incapacitated. The Israelites found it harder and harder to find new manpower to draw on. The arrival of 1,000 more Knights and 1,000 more musketmen from Crete only made their situation worse.

--

Our fleets who were heading south came across a shocking discovery: ASIAN PIRATE SHIPS! This indicated they were likely of Indian origin, possibly Indonesian. Having just come around the Cape of Africa, we still believed it would be possible to land in South Africa, but this new development complicated the delicate colonisation effort.

Dude as a history buff (specializing in the 20th century bloodbath called WW2) I find your story while(I guess to some contraversial) very entertaining. It is after all fiction ...right?? Remember all. one can never understand man,s inhumanity to man.

But still an awesome story. Try and save the brits for last there my fav and I don,t think they can do much to you any how

Dude as a history buff (specializing in the 20th century bloodbath called WW2) I find your story while(I guess to some contraversial) very entertaining. It is after all fiction ...right?? Remember all. one can never understand man,s inhumanity to man.

Yes yes, I'm all too aware how I like to play with fire...guess it's just in my nature. I've used most of the terms that are commonly related to Nazism(Fuhrer, Recih and the like), but I'm simply using them in their true meaning. The reason I use the name Adolf/Adolphus(WAY BACK) was not to ignite controversy, but just make the point that it was once a popular name.

Granted though, I should've watched my mouth with the term "Polish question", given it's similarity to "Jewish question". Though the "Polish Question" was really how the heck Germany could turn the tide against a small - but numerically powerful - country like Poland.

Anywho, thank you for reviewing. :) I'm glad most of my comments have been positive, even if to some it seems like I'm promoting Nazism.

But still an awesome story. Try and save the brits for last there my fav and I don,t think they can do much to you any how

Hmm, well, regarding the British "empire" (they only have a small colony on the tip of Greenland...and my ships are making short work of any vessel heading away from it or England...), I'll conquer them very soon likely. Since each wonder gives one happy face in all cities this game, Shakespeare's Theater and Newton's University would go a long way, in addition to their wealthy benefits(tourism). Now that we have Templar Knights, we're arming ourselves for the showdown with Asia(China n India). We need to get ourselves an edge in wealth and size via colonies and conquest.

So Britain will likely be the first to be plucked once our agreements expire in about 5 turns. Their cities, wonders and naval bases will be excellent, combined with the huge size and population reserves of Russia. Then the stage will be set for a push against Africa and the Middle East. Germany's got a while to go before it can tackle East Asia(Warrior Monks have defense values of 8, attack of 4, AND are amphibious. They also got military tradition likely, so their cavalry can match our Templars in battle.). Luckily, Templar Knights have the same stats as cavalry, +4 more health, and are also 50 shields to build. They can also attack amphibiously, so I won't be challenging China and India in the tech race soon. (Yay for Egypt, that means Alexandria will be protected from my wrath...Great Library works for all ages in this game)

Dang, long post. Well, to sum it all up, I will need to conquer Britain soon to tackle the Great Powers of the East when they finally do attack eachother and give me an oppurtunity to crush them. (Conquer weak powers then strong ones, as the well-known strategy goes)

=== 360 BC ===

China and Greece signed a peace treaty in 361 BC. A few months later, a small band of German Privateers and a fleet of European Pirate Ships was also sunk. An Asian Pirate ship that was watching the battle reported more Asian Pirate Ships moving by. The time for a naval race had begun.

Our diplomats found that their accomodations in Songhai and China had greatly declined in quality. The latter information let us know that the Chinese had sent the fleet that assaulted us in the South Atlantic. While we were originally against India, focus quickly went against China.

Without losing any men, we destroyed the weakened assault fleet. Fast scout ships were sent to Europe to prepare a defensive fleet to rebuff the expected Chinese incursion - the Atlantic was GERMANY's ocean, and Germany's alone!

--- Levantine Campaign ---

Our attack on Israel had continued without any luck for the Hebrews. A band of bowmen killed 300 musketmen, but were defeated themselves. This inspired 200 local natives to join the musketmen division. 1,000 men were slaughtered in Jerusalem, leaving an estimated force of 500-600 men. Bombardment continued, with the hopes of destroying most of the population. 1/6 of the population was all that was left after the smoke finally cleared - even though there were still German ships ready to bombard. But the smoke would soon emerge anew from an even scarier weapon - muskets.

Several squadrons attacked, and 200 Germans died killing 300 of the Hebrew bowmen. Another 100 dead German troops was all it took to eliminate the remaining 200 Hebrew defenders. With that, Germany was able to declare the city safely under German occupation.

--- Knights Templar ---

The aging General Barbarossa had been the one to lead the war against Israel. When he took Jerusalem, he sought to appropriate religious fanaticism for German purposes. His forces held the population at gunpoint, and forced the priests to unveil many of their secrets. After that, they were forced to kneel before the General, and gave him an artifact known as the Holy Grail to honor him.

Barbarossa held an audience with the Kaiser immediately afterwards. They discussed the founding of something to replace the old Teutonic Order. While the Teutons were definitely useful, even they had been defeated by hordes of Hoplites many times. A newer, stronger, more devout force was needed.

At an assembly sometime later, the Kaiser, Barbarossa, and the High Priest of Mars(the Roman god of war) were all standing on a stage and addressing the assembly. It was composed of representatives from religions and ethnicities the empire over, in addition to military officers.

"My fellow Europeans! I call you here to approve the greatest social upheaval since the founding of the Teutonic Order!" the Kaiser shouted. "Fresh from our conquests in the Levant, we have been enlightened about the arts of religious fanaticism. With the approval of religious leaders, we wish to replace the Teutonic force with a new one - the Knights of the Temple, or Knights Templar!"

Many of the religious leaders nodded, a few of the more pacifistic ones shaking their heads.

"And to lead this new organisation? I have designated none other then our fine General Barbarossa, the hero of the Levantine War! Who was able to convince the Jews to hand over one of their most sacred relics!" The Kaiser held up the Holy Grail while motioning to Barbarossa. Military leaders cheered, as they were very fond of Barbarossa. "With this new organisation's founding, we will have the zeal necessary to conquer the rich lands of Egypt, Arabia, Russia and beyond! The Templar Knights will conquer everything from the Atlantic to the Pacific Rim! All I ask for, is your approval in the formation of such a religious force!"

"All in favor, say aye!" the Kaiser said as he extended his hand.

"AYE! God wills it! Aye! God wills it!" the crowd erupted in near-universal cheers. The Knights Templar was founded shortly thereafter. Barbarossa would lead it in it's infant years until his demise. The Teutonic Order remained a force, but became restricted to policing, special operations, and bodyguard duty for designated people. The Templar Order would conquer the world for Germany. Trained in chivalry, religious zeal, and tactics such as amphibious assault, they were to be the greatest invention of Europe for centuries to come.

--- The Last Teutonic Assault ---

The Teutons had yet to be fully decommissioned, and the large bands in the East were sent to destroy the Last Israel fortress of Elat. A small city with hardly any power, it was instrumental to the security of our position in Israel.

200 Teutons died killing 400 bowmen. Another 400 bowmen were killed without any casualties on Europe's side. 400 more died, once again without losses. The Israeli leadership was demoralised, especially without the priesthood to provide energising sermons.

The huge 7200 man Teutonic Army Force struck at Elat, killing 400 bowmen. Alas, the city did not fall. 400 of the most Elite Teutons gave their lives afterwards, and the small village of Elat fell. Israel was no more.

---

The Jews were treated with mixed results. While the Reich's policy was to repress religions that were vocally opposed to it's power, some tolerance was allowed for basic worship services. This was because the region lacked much in the way of German or third party population, so we did not want to anger the locals. Radical Hebrews were caught and executed, but the majority of opposition went without consequence. The security of the region came first.

--- The "Jewish Island" ---

Israel earned it's name appropriately. It was known as the Jewish island because to the north, south, and east it was surrouned by a sea of the Arabic empire and it's Egyptian cousin. It was also bordered to the west by the literal sea of the Mediterranean. Cut off from the empire by land, many international spectators watched the region(and the neighboring Transjordan) with interest, wondering if Germany could hold it against something like Arabic aggression.

--- Peaceful Developments ---

The DKM Imperium deposited most of it's human cargo on the islands of the Caribbean in 359 BC. The islands of Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and Hispaniola all saw large migrations of these foreigners. Diseases ravaged the natives, leaving the islands picked clean of any potential resistance. "New Germany" was about to be founded.

A large band of musketmen and settlers, originally bound for the Cape of Good Hope, were marooned a decade ago on an island midway between Africa and South America, in the southern Atlantic. Fed up with waiting, they chose to establish a permanent settlement - St. Helena.

St. Helena would soon become a major penal colony for those who dared defy the Reich. Far away from any civilisation and in the middle of the north-south routes in the Atlantic, it was a very strategic position.

Once again it's time for a world map! I've already played through most of 350 BC, expect that soon. For now, here's the world map.

Key changes:

Germany has established colonies on every Caribbean island but Cuba. Once the culture expands in 5 turns, we will dominate the whole sea. Cuba will be settled next turn.

St. Helena founded in the South Atlantic. We decided to take the choke point rather then lose the cargo en route to South Africa.

Brazil now has a German colony. We're doing our best to fortify it and prevent Incan incursion.

Israel and Jordan have fallen into German hands thanks to the Levantine War against Israel.

--

India and Persia's border is more accurate, and the city of Hormuz has fallen to India, hence why it just into Iran now. We're doing our best to hold up the fort and prevent India from conquering the whole area.

Nice update. Like I said in my China thread, I've been reading this for a while, since before I joined CFC. Good luck with defeating whoever you take on next. :)

Nice update. Like I said in my China thread, I've been reading this for a while, since before I joined CFC. Good luck with defeating whoever you take on next. :)

Our goal is to pwn Carthage. We've been bombing them for some time, and most of their cities are very lightly defended(we can redline all the defenders in a single turn). They have a large strip of 5 cities in North Africa which will be the key to our domination of the Mediterranean trades(we will control all trade flowing into the Atlantic). With amphibious assault capability and fast, large-capacity ships, the Carthaginian Empire's time as a world power is coming to an end. The second and final Punic war begins soon! :)

I have been following this story almost from the beginning. I have a few suggestions based on the last world map:
1. Watch out for the Inca. They expand fast. I dunno what their tech situation is, but if they are close to you in tech progress, they pose a threat.
2. Don't underestimate England. I've played on world maps before. Whoever is on England makes a HUGE military because they are on such a tiny island. Beware!
3. Hehe, I think the Middle East needs more dark blue. Israel and Jordan connected with the rest of the empire seems a whole lot more stable than the Arabians cutting them off.
4. Colonies are good. You definitely have done well with that!

Overall, great job on conquering Europe and some Middle Eastern land!:king::goodjob:

I have been following this story almost from the beginning. I have a few suggestions based on the last world map:
1. Watch out for the Inca. They expand fast. I dunno what their tech situation is, but if they are close to you in tech progress, they pose a threat.
2. Don't underestimate England. I've played on world maps before. Whoever is on England makes a HUGE military because they are on such a tiny island. Beware!
3. Hehe, I think the Middle East needs more dark blue. Israel and Jordan connected with the rest of the empire seems a whole lot more stable than the Arabians cutting them off.
4. Colonies are good. You definitely have done well with that!

Overall, great job on conquering Europe and some Middle Eastern land!:king::goodjob:

The Incans are expanding fast indeed. They just discovered map making(hence the settlers), and since construction and currency take 40+ turns at MAX research for the most part, I'm sure they'll get Musketmen once my Conquistadores have formed the Viceroyalty of Peru. ;)

Regarding England, if that's in a normal game, GOD HELP ME here. I trust you see how much force the Iroquois and Poles mustered? The Iroquois outnumbered me like 30x on all our conflicts, so it's no wonder I got my rear end whooped. I just hope Britain goes down easy...luckily, I've ravaged most of Wales and I keep firing bombs into their cities. :) If they're like Carthage(who only have 2 or 3 units in their cities, AMAZING they haven't been overrun.), England SHOULD be cake. I can almost hear Shakespeare's confusing words now...

And yes, colonies are good. When we make peace with Greece, we intend to take over most of their African cities in the treaty. That should give us a front against the Zulu, and enable us to move troops to the Cape soon. We need that naval chokepoint if we're going to keep the Asians in the Pacific/Indian Oceans. Also, anticipate a HUGE burst of expansion in a few turns. Our "Holy Legion", made up of 11 Templar knights(88 HP!) will dock in the New World soon. They'll also be bringing about 20 more Templar Knights for backup. Let's not forget musketmen and cannons! The Iroquois homeland is toast once I make landfall.

Regarding England, if that's in a normal game, GOD HELP ME here. I trust you see how much force the Iroquois and Poles mustered?

It was a scenario on the real world. The Byzantines were on the British Islands (and they're not militaristic). They had pretty big forces amassed. They weren't as big as the Iroquois, but that was an early age. I'd say they're probably very big.

What I suggest is attacking England with superior units, Otherwise, it'll be really hard. Or you could try to culture flip.

No issues there, our Templar Knights - cheap and super powerful, able to top cavalry despite the same stats thanks to health and price bonuses - will make short work of the puny spearmen England can muster.
Once we do not repeat Hitler's mistake of leaving Britain open, we'll target Russia on a wide - but mostly secure front. Their pikemen will be able to put up more resistance, but the Russian army and it's large but worthless(like 40 galleys) navy will be sent to Davy Jones' locker.

P.S. to lurkers: I'm sorry if I'm getting your hopes up by posting responses(you might think they're updates). Summer is officially here, so expect an update within 24 hours. =)

C,mon more of the story. Please I have no life. JUst kidding but it,s getting good.

=== 350 BC ===

--- In Between Years ---

Greece and Persia end their conflict this year. Besides large-scale naval skirmishes southeast of St. Helena, there is not much else. Greek Hoplites were seen moving towards both Siberian outposts.

--

The international phase of politics progressed during this ten-year period. Germany examined the Egyptian capital of Memphis - home to the Great Pyramids - and found it defended by a single band of 300 elephants, and hordes of slaves. 1600 Arabic musketmen were outside the city. We anticipated it's fall - Egypt was going to become a vassal of Arabia if no intervention was taken.

Adding to the instability of the Middle East, we looked at the situation along the Indo-Persian border. In the early phases of the war, Persia had burned one of India's cities in the middle of the Indus to the ground. Now faced by hordes of Indian Warrior Monks, Persia was desperate. We chose to intervene, forming a new Azul Wall along the outskirts of Persepolis.

Since the strategic city of Hormuz had recently fallen to the Indians, it was not too long until the great capital of Persia fell as well. We had treaties with them for another hundred years, so until then we could not allow further losses. An enlarged India would not be good for our empire.

We also needed to keep the region secure - the last army of Teutons was being sent to the Far East - against Cambodia.

--- German Caribbean ---

The German Caribbean Empire was established in this year. Kaiserstadt on Jamaica, the Antilles colony on the chain of islands of the same name, and Freidrichsburg on Hispaniola. Scouting parties, laborers, musketmen and pioneers also set food on the island of Cuba. The native tribes - the Arawaks - had heard of the events on the other islands amazingly, and they rallied together to push us out. We introduced them to our ships' guns. 500 of the 5200 Arawak troops were massacred.

--- Brasilia ---

Germany also built it's first colony in Brazil during this period. The German Empire was quickly expanding overseas. A large garrison and priority on military infrastructure was put in place there to ensure Incan aggression could be contained.

--- War on the Iroquois ---

A band of 8800 Templars - the maximum that would fit in a fleet of Asian Pirate Ships - had been commissioned and designated as the "Western Holy Legion". Loading upon a fleet, they were sent West towards the ancient battleground of Oneida - which had been well-fortified by spearmen. A band of 16,600 more Templars were also following. Cannons and musketmen were being sent from Europe and Africa too. Facing tens of thousands of Germans willing to give their lives for their respective gods and some of the fiercest technology yet, could the Iroquois truely hope to repel Germany once more?

Top Bottom