The Frozen City

See if you can make a new story set in the future era, with lots of big wars! That would be cool! And how was your fourth?

I'd follow it for sure.

I would like to see you continue. Enjoyed the first effort when you were doing it. Have done a couple of these sort of efforts on tilted earth myself since your effort. I use marathon and find the barbarians to be extreme. Would like to see your take on when you begin the expansion into the south. Hope you will restart.

I love the idea, and you're writing is very nice, so I'd love to read this: whether it's this game or a new tilted axis game.

Good news!

I plan on continuing this series next week (as in, the week of August 11).
For now, I will probably generate a new map, but retrace my steps and continue the story from where I left off. I'll also save the file on the steam cloud to prevent further loss.

Looking forward to getting back into it!

also, It be will most likely not be including Brave New World, as I don't own it :p

Good to hear! I'll be watching. :)

Update time! I've spawned a new map and used an in-game editor to remake the immediate start position of the original city. Now I just need to re-trace my steps and then I'll be ready to go.

I made a new map, edited my start to mirror the original start positon, then played up to and past where I was before, following the exact build order etc... So I present to you:

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]The Frozen City Part Four: The Rescue[/font]
They once were lost...

Each labored breath condensed in front of his face forming a small cloud that disappeared within seconds. He was looking out across the tundra at the barbarian horde. When the Mistwalkers had returned to the city to report that the Lost Ones had been found, they were quickly dispatched back to the barbarian camp, this time with the Stormwinds in tow. Now, he looked across to the west bank of the Northern Brumal River and there they stood. They had been ambushed to the east of their target, though they took only a few casualties
Spoiler :

The Frozen Men that had gathered here were different from their former barbarian peers, however. They had advanced as a society, developing authoritative government, sustainable food, and most important to the men standing at the river: military tactics. Their former barbarian brethren were still, as they had always been, mindless hordes who charged straight at any enemy in sight. While the Mistwalkers and Stormwinds had advanced towards the east side of the barbarian village, the Hailstorms were climbing the foothills on the northwest side of Mt. Kilkreath. Though the other part of the Frozen City forces had been trapped at the river, the assault of the Hailstorms continued as planned. After finding a perfect vantage point across from the village perfectly situated on the river below them, they began to fill the air with projectiles until most of the barbarians in the village had fallen.

Spoiler :

The leader of the Mistwalkers knew they could not fight the barbarians that stood across from them, and he knew that the village was directly west. With these things in his mind, he ordered his men to run across the frozen river. As they ran past the Stormwinds, he caught the eye of their captain and pointed towards the enemy; the Stormwind captain nodded. As the Mistwalkers ran west, the Stormwinds held off the majority of the barbarian forces. Soon they arrived at the barbarian village and, though they were exhausted, the only force left to oppose them were a few barbarian men and hundreds of corpses each plumed by numerous arrows. With a great shout, the Mistwalker leader drove his spear through the heart of the final barbarian defender and threw his lifeless body aside. The rest of the Mistwalkers had scavenged food and were feeding it to the freed Frozen City prisoners. Looking across the river and towards the cliffside, he saw the Hailstorms raising their bows and heard their cheers of celebration

Spoiler :

The battle was only half done, however.

There it is. Got more parts coming soon. :crazyeye:

Great update. Good to see this going again.

I really enjoyed reading this story--it inspired me to start my own although I have been a bit lax about updating. In any case, I'm glad to see it going again!

Nice story. I've been reading a lot of these and I think I might start one of my own. I would have to figure out a good scenario for it though.

This is nice too bad about the computer, though I would have said that Cthulu came by and remade the world map.
By the way it was my birthday yesterday.

Top Bottom