The Future of in-game events

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've had time to be active here. I hope the Bolivar and Ibn BAttuta Updates will show the fruits of all the time spend reading, cataloging, and analyzing player feedback.

These Updates are not the only changes we are making, though. We know that some aspects of our in-game events weren't popular, so we want to change and move to a more scenario-based approach (not unlike the Games of the Month) instead of time-limited goals. We only have so much time we can steal from the design team, though, so the scope of these scenarios will vary... And for the first prototype, we are sticking with something very simple, as we want to get some feedback about the format.
If this format is a success, we'll of course be working on improvements and better integration directly in the game, but until then we'll be relying on shared saves and manual submission of your high scores in the contest section on Games2Gether.

If you want to know more, please check out the related blogpost on G2G (where you can also find the save) here: https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/blogs/828

Please, let me know what you think of the new approach (and your suggestions how to improve it)!

Top Bottom