The game freezes during turns

Botswana

Chieftain
This is strange. I've searched the whole topic and nobody seems to have an answer. I am stuck at the year 996, and every time I try to press enter, the game says "Waiting for Civilizations" and the globe keeps on spinning, but then it just stays there. But what's even weirder is that I can still move around the map, exit and save the game, enter the world builder and select new techs to research. But the game will never finish the turn. Any solutions?

Attached game save with this situation. Turn ends and it stays at "waiting for other Civilizations" indefinitely

Attachments

• Dexter Inside BC-0007.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 64
this has happened to everyone of the games i have played with the latest beta. Don't think theres anything you can do to fix it really. What may work is to load up a previous autosave from a few turns back and restart from there. That works for me usually, but the game will freeze up again eventually.

My first post (only been a lurker before). I cannot proceed beyond 2010..I get a freeze "every time" at that date. I do not know if it is unique to my computer, game parameters or the beta itself. I believe it is generic to the beta since it seems to reappear in other threads. A nice package even with the freeze problems. BTW, hidden nationality on Warlords is a pain.(Yes I know "not right thread, just an addition here).

fogcat

I got to 1856 before the big freeze. Just as it was getting interesting:(((

Sadly I think it's a case of not enough RAM (1534MB in my case). It seems to me the program is trying to bite off more than is available to chew and getting its knickers in a twist as a result.

It would be nice if the program could recognize the limits of the system and pace itself accordingly - up to a specified time limit.

I've already found the problem with Beta8. It was due to some bad Great Commander code. I'd post a fix, but it breaks saves.

IDK, but I know it doesn't exist in AND 1.73, and won't be in AND beta9.

(The actual cause varies, but is generally the fault of endlessly looping unit AI. I know FFH2 modmod's have had trouble with the issue in the past)

Top Bottom