The game is even EASIER now on Deity - If that's possible

pi-r8, if AIs are offering less money in luxury trades, doesn't that make it more likely there will be more such trades? At least with that aspect of the patch changes, I'm not seeing the problem. Only the human player is going to be perhaps less likely to sell luxuries, but even for the new reduced amount, it's still easily worth it isn't it? From the games I've played so far, I always felt like I got the best deals when selling luxuries. Strat resources I didn't seem to do as well with. It was pretty much to the point where deciding new city sites was mainly about securing more luxury resources so they could be sold.

Re: AIs putting less emphasis on TPs, yeah - maybe not the best idea.

people are saying that you have to trade 2 luxury resources to get 1 in trade. If the AI trades with itself that way too, that means it will never be able to reach a trade agreement.

And, it only offers to BUY luxury resources for less. It still demands 300g when it's selling luxury resources, right? So here again, if it trades with itself the same way, it won't be able to reach trade agreements.

"people are saying that you have to trade 2 luxury resources to get 1 in trade. If the AI trades with itself that way too, that means it will never be able to reach a trade agreement."

Where are people saying that? Also, that's a big 'if', isn't it?

to the fanboys: he's playing DEITY LEVEL- he ought to be having his ASS kicked for months until he gets better.

Uhm, he SAYS he is playing deity. Unless you can point me to any screenshots or save game files in this thread I seem to have missed.

people are saying that you have to trade 2 luxury resources to get 1 in trade. If the AI trades with itself that way too, that means it will never be able to reach a trade agreement.

Not true.

Started a post-patch game, and I've traded luxuries 1:1 a bunch of times.

Patch looks to be an improvement overall, IMO. AI is better at combat, and (playing on an archipelago map) at least settles other islands and builds navy now.

Good step, there's lots to do, but this certainly improves the game.

So I start up a new huge map deity game and expect some mild pain finally. The one I was in was already well past the "I win for sure" stage so let's get a fresh board. A challenge!

If you want a challenge: standard world size and pangea. Not super-difficult but definetly more difficult than continents and huge map...

Not true.

Patch looks to be an improvement overall, IMO. AI is better at combat, and (playing on an archipelago map) at least settles other islands and builds navy now.

For me and my Deity Game at the moment - it is true! Right after patching i load the game (Round 166 - 1060AD) and ALL AIs will give me only the luxury resources if i give him double the resource amount what i have to pay pre-patch.
For example - Elisabeth has 5 Dyes. Before patch I can have one giving her 1 silver. Now after patch i have to pay 2! luxury resources for 1 from her or give her other stuff instead of the seconde lux res. And if i want sell 1 luxury resources then i only get the half of the price pre patch - now only 150g instead 300g. This is a huge impact even more if the AI NOT suffer the same (what i dont know atm).
If i want buy a luxury resources with gold then i have to give 300g. Guess the same as pre patch - but now u have round about half the income from AI trades. On Deity not really funny.

In the patch notes i only find this: Diplomacy - AI will be more reluctant to offer or accept open border agreements with more powerful opponents.. - But nothing sayed about the resources trade "tweak"... Maybe it is not intended (Bug)?!

Sure Deity in Civ 5 is much more easy as it was and is! in civ4BTS. Guess they will tweak this later. But Civ4BTS is way better in most cases as Civ5 at the moment - at least for me.

Not true.

In a parallel universe, maybe?:eek:

I've been noticing a couple of other things changed in the game that I'm pretty sure weren't in the patch notes. I'm pretty sure Firaxis have been sneaking in a bunch of stuff they're not telling us. For example, is it just me or does the shift+enter shortcut not work like it used to? (they possibly tried to address the free tech hording exploit)

"people are saying that you have to trade 2 luxury resources to get 1 in trade. If the AI trades with itself that way too, that means it will never be able to reach a trade agreement."

Where are people saying that? Also, that's a big 'if', isn't it?

It's just what I noticed people saying on this forum. I haven't tried it myself yet. Judging by this thread, I guess opinions are mixed.

It's a big if but... I hope it works that way. I woudl be really annoyed if the AI had totally different rules for trading with itself, and just arbitrarily decided to give a penalty to the player when making trades.

So in your experience the post patch AI is just as bad or worse than the original? Please tell us about it.

Nothing change for me... The Ai is still stupid in combat... It attacks me where i'm in better defensive position, don't retreat injured units, push on the front ranged... I only noticed that they garrison a troop more often, if it is remarkable as smarter...

And the barbs are aggressive and a lot for sure, but still they don't attack cities, don't pillage and wander around as idiots... And i don't speak of their strategic wisdom, that is on the level of a three year child...

I can't bear that stupidity, who can probably will not manage a strategic game ever in is life... Ghandi attack my upgraded unit on hills!! And put under the nose of a warrior his archers spending all his movement... No sense. Who experience better AI may be only fooled by the patch effect, when it seems a little better even if it isn't...

It's a big if but... I hope it works that way. I woudl be really annoyed if the AI had totally different rules for trading with itself, and just arbitrarily decided to give a penalty to the player when making trades.

I can understand it being annoying, but honestly I think that is the most likely in this case.

Yes, I suspect there is a isHuman() thrown somewhere in the mix here.

The other thing that is SO silly about the AI (c'mon guys, use your heads a little!) is when an enemy unit decides to heal, or othwerwise just sit there when your units come by.

In one deity game last night (just to see what, if anything, got better), the AI will still put units sometimes into 'healing' mode and not just when you are attacking a city.

While this is fine, it should detect that if there are certain units around, especially ranged, it should either retreat or at least sacrifice itself and hurt the enemy (me) somehow.

Instead, as with naval shore bombardment, it just sits there and allows itself to be killed with ranged and do _nothing_. It's like target practice.

Why?

Because they haven't addressed that part of it yet. Obviously. You seem so intelligent, yet you haven't figured that out?

I have noticed an improvement in the AI behavior, but it is still below average.

Sure, ... if you are beating Deity in Civ IV! :rolleyes: :mischief: ;)

dV
Are you being sarcastic? That sort of thing is hard to catch over posts on a forum.

Top Bottom