The Great Warpath special ability treats forests as railroads

Wezqu

Warlord
First time playing as Iroquis and noticed that after you research Railroad any forest tile that is inside your border acts as railroad connection. It still doesn't let you move on them as they would be railroads but they will connect your cities giving the Railroad bonus to production in the city. In the safe city of Argungu is not connected with a railroad but is connected by forests to another city that is but still has the production bonus.

This might work as designed but the description of the The Great Warpath special ability it doesn't mention anything of the trade connection to give the railroad bonus too after the Railroad tech has been researched.

The save can be found in this thread as it doesn't let me upload the same save again.

I've played the Iroquois and I believe it is working as intended. I didn't see any gameplay problems. It makes as much sense as anything else to do with trade routes or railroads.

I tested the save file. I confirm that Argungu gets a RR bonus even though it's not connected with RRs, only Forests.

I don't know. Something is wrong, but what? The description of the Great Warpath doesn't mention Railroads, only Roads. Let's call it a bug and let Firaxis decide. I'll move this thread to the Confirmed Bugs forum and update the Bug List.

Also, I don't see in either the manual or the Civilopedia where Railroads should grant a production bonus. Am I overlooking something?

Moderator Action: Moved to Confirmed Bugs forum.

Also, I don't see in either the manual or the Civiloperdia where Railroads should grant a production bonus.

Why am i not supprised? *sigh*
I'm sure it is somewhere mentioned, that you get a 50% production bonus when a city is connected via railroads to the capital.
Not sure where, but i've read it.

I've had another trouble with the Iroquis.

The forests within your borders count as roads. But I've noticed, that when a road is between 2 forest tiles, all within your borders, the movement cost is increased, and messed up.
Any idea what this is, or if it's already mentioned?

I've had another trouble with the Iroquis.

The forests within your borders count as roads. But I've noticed, that when a road is between 2 forest tiles, all within your borders, the movement cost is increased, and messed up.
Any idea what this is, or if it's already mentioned?

I didn't find mention of this anywhere else either, but I'm seeing the same behavior. Though they connect for trade route (and still RR connection? I'm not that far yet), roads and forests do not connect for movement purposes. Additionally, it seems road movement between two forest tiles does not benefit from the faster road movement that comes with machinery. Interestingly, forest tiles on opposite sides of a river are connected as if by a bridge even before your roads would be. Minor things all, and perhaps intended and not bugs, but wonky and confusing nonetheless.

Top Bottom