The Iliad

Due to offline time commitments, I've had to bow out of this game. But Darius_Silva will be replacing me effective immediately. Good luck everyone!

I've just sent him an email asking what's going on and requesting him to make sure we re-load to beginning of 590AD when the game's up again,as quite a few players will have missed turns.

If he stays missing (which I doubt, probably just his net is screwed for a while), I can take over the hosting from our most recent save. If we don't hear back for a few days I'll start discussing this with you guys.

He has been extremely reliable to-date. I say give him a bit of time.

Please accept my apologies for the game being unavailable for the last day or so.

To put it quite simply there have been circumstances beyond my control. :crazyeye:

For the first time since I started this game the actual program crashed. :aargh: CivStats also crashed and I do not know which program failed first. Suffice it to say that until I can figure out what happened I will not bring the game up again. :confused:

What is worse is that I am travelling at present and I am not physically in the same place as the server and although I can access it regrettably I do not have the time to work this problem out. Coupled to that although I do have Internet access it is far more limited than I had expected; this message is being written from a public area, in surroundings that are hardly suitable for trying to resolve computer problems. Those who have a sense of humour will understand when I say that where I am presently staying in is somewhat akin to Fawlty Towers. :rolleyes: Trying to sort out a wireless Internet connection with the local IT guy was priceless! Also, the maids here have explained to me that they feel that having to work is an injustice as though somehow their human rights have been contravened. :rotfl:

Oh, and I forgot to add, I am quite severely jet lagged too. :sleep: So, assuming that things are going to carry on the way they are at the moment, I do not want to create any unreasonable expectations that they will change, unfortunately the game may be unavailable for the next three weeks. I appreciate that this may be frustrating for players as much as it is infuriating for me but I have to see the funny side of it and at the moment I am so exhausted that the most sensible thing I think I of doing is to take myself off somewhere and find a beer. :beer:

Cheers!

:cheers:

Please accept my apologies for the game being unavailable for the last day or so.

To put it quite simply there have been circumstances beyond my control. :crazyeye:

Not a problem - at least for me.

For the first time since I started this game the actual program crashed. :aargh: CivStats also crashed and I do not know which program failed first. Suffice it to say that until I can figure out what happened I will not bring the game up again. :confused:

You can probably use one of the players recovery saves - the latest. That player will need tp replay, or the last auto save, in which case everyone replays. If you are going to be gone for awhile - the last autosave makes sense to me.

Those who have a sense of humour will understand when I say that where I am presently staying in is somewhat akin to Fawlty Towers. :rolleyes: Trying to sort out a wireless Internet connection with the local IT guy was priceless! Also, the maids here have explained to me that they feel that having to work is an injustice as though somehow their human rights have been contravened. :rotfl:

LOL I can imagine what you are talking about!!! :lol: :lol:

I do not want to create any unreasonable expectations that they will change, unfortunately the game may be unavailable for the next three weeks.

C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. C'est la guerre. ie no probs.

Besides - this game has been moving at a good clip since it started. IMHO, a break would be OK.

the most sensible thing I think I of doing is to take myself off somewhere and find a beer. :beer:

Indeed! A man after my own heart. Enjoy!

Thanks Toxo for your understanding.

I do have recent saves both from 590 AD and 575 AD. The problems occurred after the 590 AD turn so we will probably return to that one. Although I would prefer not to have the game down for such a long time I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that it would probably be the most appropriate course to take. The problem is that I do not have reliable Internet access and this situation is unlikely to improve.

:crazyeye: Not wishing to be defeated by a problem I worked very hard today and I have not only managed to sort out a reliable Internet connection but I have also got the game up and running again. :woohoo:

:high5:

This state of affairs should be fine until the end of the week, when I will be travelling again and we might have further problems but for now everything looks fine so enjoy the game.

I reloaded the most recent save 590 AD. Hopefully this will not cause problems for anyone.

Bolkonsky. ;)

Well, I must say I am feeling pleased with myself. :smug: I think that deserves another beer! :beer:

:cheers:

Having a beer in the morning?

I said it deserves one. ;) I did not actually drink one! Hey, I have enouigh problems playing Civ. I don't want to get any serious addictons! :blush: It was lunchtime anyway. But I will have one tonight to celebrate.

I was so pleased that I managed to sort it out. The good thing is that it looks like a few of you at least have been able to play a turn.

Bolkonsky. ;)

Top Bottom