-Random events on
-Tech trading is ON
-Huts on
-Balanced resources
-Choose Religions
-Fractal/medium sealevel/temperate
-Unrestricted Leaders

Roster:
1. General Olaf (Hannibal/Ethiopia) - olafpbem@gmail.com - UTC+13 (NZDT)
2. Mayor (Huayna/Netherlands) - mayorcfc@gmail.com - UTC+1
3. Lead Paint (Pacal/India) - danzaboo@aol.com - UTC
4. hoplitejoe (Catherine/Random Japan) - hoplitejoe1@gmail.com - UTC
5. thecaesar (Joao/Rome) - thecaesarcfc@yahoo.com - UTC-5 (EST)
6. MoreEpicThanYou (Bismarck/Germany) - billybobsspizza@gmail.com - UTC-5 (EST)
7. Jwitti (Isabella/Byzantium) - jwitticfc@gmail.com - UTC-5 (EST)
8. Tycho (Ragnar/America) - boywholived@triad.rr.com - UTC-5 (EST)
9. Yoshi (Elizabeth/Inca) - Yoshiegg737@hotmail.com - UTC-7 (MST)

Those who have signed up, feel free to post a leader/civ, and please post an email and timezone. Suggestions are open for maptype and size, along with computer opponents (if any).

I am tentatively going to plump for Darius/Persia (I take it we're doing Restricted Leaders), but I'm incredibly indecisive so that may well change :p, GMT.

Shall we say now that Inca are banned? I think it's generally accepted that they're pretty broken. I'm also going to vote for this being a team city-elimination game, as that should prevent it going on for longer than our attention will hold.

I've never really done MP before so if I've suggested anything incredibly stupid, feel free to shout me down :lol:

EDIT: I'd also like to use my non-official email of danzaboo@aol.com, rather than my gmail account. Don't laugh, I made it a long time ago!

Restricted leaders? Alright, I'm gonna go with... Suleiman of the Ottomans. :crazyeye: I'm not being Rome!!!!!!

Anyways, I think we should play no teams, with all options not checked except city flipping after conquest and no tech trading (everyone else ok on that?)

Restricted leaders? Alright, I'm gonna go with... Suleiman of the Ottomans. :crazyeye: I'm not being Rome!!!!!!

Anyways, I think we should play no teams, with all options not checked except city flipping after conquest and no tech trading (everyone else ok on that?)

Hmmm, personally I think a couple more should be checked. Random events, for example, have the potential to be really unbalancing in MP. I would prefer to play without espionage too, but I'll defer to group judgment on both of these things :)

I agree on the no espionage, but I rather like random events... However, like you, I will "defer to group judgement" on everything.

Also, I still really don't understand how this is set up...

And also-also, what type of map? I vote fractal, start in ancient (duh), and possibly medium-large map? No idea what speed, probably quick if we want it to go... quick. :D

That sounds reasonable, and I was thinking balanced resources as well for fairness. Random events could be fun I guess, it is only a casual game after all :) I personally think that 8 players on a large map (or whatever's the stage up from standard) is absolutely perfect for this kind of game :D

Well, if some other people don't get it into gear, we're going to be playing duel by ourselves! (if we can figure out how to even set up a PBEM game in the first place :lol:)

Edit: Got my new G-mail just for Civfanatics :D
thecaesarforlife@gmail.com

I'll use this for anything civfanatics, so if anyone wants to contact me for anything (though it's not really that different from PMing, I just check it more often), then you can use this...

Oh, and my time zone is US Eastern Standard time.

Edit: Google decided to suspend my account for no reason, so my email does not work until further notice :mad:

Tentative settings:

-Large (8p) or Huge (11p) depending on further interest. I'd prefer a large map as well.
-No teams
-No random events
-Possibly huts
-I don't like No Espionage, it's too unbalanced. Conversion of the points to culture (which is how it works) does wierd things to the game. I'd prefer not to use that, but I'm happy to if most people want that.
-Balanced resources
-No tech trading
-City flipping after conquest
-Fractal/medium sealevel/temperate

Thoughts?

-Large (8p) or Huge (11p) depending on further interest. I'd prefer a large map as well. agree
-No teams why would this be up for discussion
-No random events don't really care
-Possibly huts Bit of luck is always nice, I suggest we do huts
-I don't like No Espionage, it's too unbalanced. Conversion of the points to culture (which is how it works) does wierd things to the game. I'd prefer not to use that, but I'm happy to if most people want that. agree
-Balanced resources agree
-No tech trading meh....... will follow the majority
-City flipping after conquest need to recheck before responding
-Fractal/medium sealevel/temperate Awesome

for now I claim: Korea :D

However I'm at work currently so I might change that :mischief:

e-mail: mayorcfc(at)gmail(dot)com

I'm undecided on whether I think tech tading should be on or off. I personally vote for restricted leaders, I think part of the strategy is picking a leader who has a good balance with their civ without picking and choosing the best of each.

Maybe someone should make the game and we'll go along with whatever they decide? It'll stop us faffing, anyway :p

I agree with all of those tentative settings except no tech trading (don't care), and Random Events (I want them!)

jwitticfc@gmail.com
I'll go with Justininian/ Byzantanium
I vote yes for events and teams, I don't care for the rest
EDIT: I mean YES have teams
But I changed my mind.
Time Zone: EST, (GMT-5)

I vote yes for events and teams, I don't care for the rest

wait, do you vote yes as in you want teams or do you vote yes as in yes no teams?

just to be sure.

oh, yes teams...

@adressing issue teams/no teams: I highly oppose to teams :)

@Caesar: :confused: was the earlier one disabled? you know why?

@adressing issue teams/no teams: I highly oppose to teams :)

@Caesar: :confused: was the earlier one disabled? you know why?

Yup, it was disabled, but I have no clue as to why. :( I just made it, I didn't even have enough time to do something wrong!

Edit: I also oppose teams!

If no-one has any objections, I'd like to change my mind and switch to Pacal/Maya (see, indecisive :lol:), sorry for being awkward!

Top Bottom