The Kuriotates

How about allowing settlements to build but not allow them to work the ring ? That way all buildings and units have to be bought with hard cash.
This still limits the usefullness of settlements but allows to get at least some benefits.

I would just add to allow them to work ONLY the tile of their placement. This would allow some growth for captured cities. I mean I can not see the capital of the Kazad being abandoned if it is captured by the Kuros. This would also allow it to build some garrison units, allow for some use of captured wonders like the one that grants sentry, and would make a great way to implement the tolerant trait without it being over powered... Just my 1.5 cents (2 cents if it were the Euro)

I just recently started to play FFH, so excuse that I don't know all the features etc. yet.

But I also already noticed that Kurio has problems with ports. For a human player this isn't much of an issue as the palace give you water mana for the water walk spell (unless you can't walk ocean tiles with it, not sure)

But that doesn't help the AI as I don't think it can grasp to use the spell, correct me if I am wrong.

So the ideas so far are:

- Air transport
Pro: Flavourful, AI might be able to use it
Con: Still doesn't solve the work boat problem

- Having amphibious units
Pro: The AI might be able to use them (might give strange results), solves both issues
Con: limited unit variety for expedition forces

- Let settlements build work boats
Pro: AI might use it
Con: Might lead to spamming, still requires a way to transport units

- Let settlements build all ships (When connected to the capital? At reduced cost?)
Pro: Solves both issues
Con: Might lead to a serious ship spamming problem

Another thing, do you need a habour to connect a city over the ocean with the capital? If yes then settlements should get a "coastal village" or "merfolk colony" building for free which doesn't do anything except allow this connection.
If you consider this too easy, make a special unit which can build this building in settlements with an ability (again there is a AI problem).

with 0.34, the kurio's have been given airships. Try them out, they work rather well. I'm actually running a kurio OCC conquest game atm, and it's actually working thanks to the 5 movement 6 cargo capacity 3/9 str. flying ships :)

There is a new version out?
*checks*

Hm, released 2 days ago...
That's what happens when you download the game on a Thursday.

So, simply ignore what I said.

Besides airship, I think they need canal to build work boat and put it to the sea resource(s):p

Right in my first 0.33 FFH game one of the AI players got the random event that has one of it's cities split off as the same Civ, but lead by Minister Whatshisname.
Couldn't the "settlements" work in a similar way?
I.e. you can build and capture cities normally, and they will be fully operational, but you cannot directly control them.
Instead they belong to a unbreakable vassal of yours that will trade away all his resources willingly to you.
The vassal would be very weak at producing culture and would have no research of his own. Either he'd just share your tech or you'd have to trade them to him manually.
Additionally, there should be a mechanic to allow the player to tell the vassal on what to focus (produce Axemen for my war effort -> Python) and/or his military units should be under player control.
Captured cities would not magically shrink to useless settlement size and newfound cities would have a chance to grow to meaningful capitals.

Pure luxury: The Kuriotates get a number of "Mobile Palaces", i.e. units like the items in game now, and you can dislodge them from a city (which would turn the city to a "settlement") and move them to one of the cities controlled by your vassal to make that city one of your major (controlled) cities instead. You'd probably not use this too often (the dislodged city would lose all research and most culture and no longer benefit your treasury) but it might be worthwile when you just captured that capital of the Balseraph where they built all those wonderful ... well, wonders. :cool:
_____
rezaf

Do you get Oversea Traderoutes with the Kuriotates if you don't have a city on the sea? Because actually they should get these with using airships. They can not just be used for a quick conquest, but also for some boring things like trade and so on :).

Top Bottom