The Map Is Ready !!!

Rik Meleet

Top predator
Retired Moderator
Well, nearly.... Just the finishing touches.

If you still need to have things done before the game is started, I urge you to hurry. If they are so important that the game can't be kicked off because of it, please post in this thread (name the team you are from) why the game cannot start yet.

I'll try to get Ginger_Ale and/or Regentman in a chat for the final details in a couple of hours. And then it's playtime.

I've posted screenshots of your starts in every team-thread. This is to be able to make early plans.

I've made an agreement with the game-admin that he'l send a PM to me when I can kick off the game. I'll be hiding in the shadow now until called into action. Do all your organising quickly so we can start. I am eager; I hope the screenshots have made you eager as well.

by balanced do you mean every team has the same advatages? or do some teams have wide land, but few resources, others, many bonuses and resources, but small land.

:thumbsup: Thanks Rik! Team K.I.S.S is ready to roll.

ybbor said:
by balanced do you mean every team has the same advatages? or do some teams have wide land, but few resources, others, many bonuses and resources, but small land.
By balanced I mean that every team has to rely on their traits, skills and intelligence to win this game. So: they don't have to rely on the map for victory.

Rik Meleet said:
...rely on their traits...

wait...did you design the map in regard to the civs who were going to play it?

And did you know which civs were going to play which sites?

that reminds me...what is the order? 1,2,3,4?

Don't ask so much, Robby...

I'll try to make another attempt to explain the phrase: "Balanced map".
A Balanced Map is a map where no team has a clear advantage or disadvantage over other teams with regard to the lay of the land. This holds true on both Macro-level as well as Micro-level.

You can draw your own conclusions from this. In a couple of weeks (or months), when you know more of the map, you can check whether your "before" conclusions match reality.

The team-order will be known when the first team plays their turn.

Our starting position sucks. Team Donut is about to follow Moses on a 40 year walk into the darkness.

You have to sign up, and there's private forums for the teams, which you have to apply for after being put on a team.

Good Job rik :goodjob:

I didn't think you could get it done this quickly.

classical_hero said:
:worship: We :love: our starting position. :goodjob:

I'm sure ours is better. :p

Top Bottom