The Midge's World Map

The Midge

Chieftain
Thanks to; El Mencey for creating the map I vandalized. Rhye, for the base rules. Ares de Borg, for providing the graphics.
Without you three, this mod wold be completely different.

It's here;http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/102723/world-maps-rar

Okay, here's what I've been doing;

After researching certain civs, I've noticed some historical inaccuracies i.e. Civs that formed after 1000BC.
So I've looked things up and made new civs and got rid of some old ones, they are:

Russia, they have been replaced by a separate settler for the Scandinavians.
England, has been replaced by a settler for the Celts who also start on Ireland.
Netherlands, they were part of Germany and then Spain until they declared independence.
Portugal, they were part of Spain until they declared independence.
Byzantines, were part of Rome until they became eastern Rome and then the Byzantines.
America, they were European immigrants until they declared independence.

I have added:

Noricum, the Austrians, I looked them up and found out that they are among the oldest tribes of barbarians in Europe.
Khmer, they are ancient.
Aborigines, I thought that Australia needed someone to colonize in early on.
Sioux, the Great Plains aren't quickly colonized normally.
The Ghana Empire, they're old enough, and the Gold Coast doesn't get much attention otherwise.
D'mt, Ethiopia, very old.
Tupi, just people to fill in Brazil.

I have renamed:

France; to Gaul, a more accurate name.

Map Changes:

No more horses in the new world.

Resources:

Coffee, Tea, Essential Oils, Olives, Maize, Camels, Sheep, Goats, Honey, Pigs, Marble{ Types of Marble: Swedish Green Marble, Connemara Marble, Etowah Marble, Purbeck Marble and Sienna Marble.}
Also, new types of Ivory: Walrus Ivory, Boar Ivory, Hippo Ivory, Whale Ivory.

What I'm soon to do; Buffalo and Lamas.

Attachments

• Europe Sreen.jpg
    Europe Sreen.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 760
  • Europe Sreen2.jpg
    Europe Sreen2.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 550
Are the resources you posted bonus resources or do you have some strategic and luxury ones in there as well, like the Marble? If so, you might want to take a look at the threads that discuss the 32 strategic and luxury resource bug.

Rhye's is one of my favorites. I always wanted a map a little bigger. (not El Menvy size but hey) Has anyone looked at the map? I cannot tell by the attachments if the map has been modifed to play the same way as the original. (slowing growth, keeping some civs confined to a small area early - MesoAmerica, etc.,)

The "Sioux" are not that old. Some say they are a few of the remnants of an earlier civ. Besides, without Europeans and their horse they would not be as portrayed by today's culture.

All atomic download links not working
Atomic Gamer is defunct. If creators are still around they have been reposting material as it is requested and when they can find a new home for their work. In cases where the creator is no longer around there are people who have a lot (not all) archived. Definitely make requests. Be patient as well. These things take time.

Top Bottom