The most exciting new feature

The most exciting new feature

• The World Congress/ The United Nations Resolutions

Votes: 40 16.7%
  • New Civilizations and the changes in the old civilizations

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • New wonders, tech, units, buildings...

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Trade Routes

Votes: 65 27.2%
  • New system of tourism and culture

Votes: 53 22.2%
  • Social Policies and Ideologies

Votes: 23 9.6%
  • Improvements in multiplayer

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • New Scenarios

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Better AI and balance changes

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Archeology System

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Other (diplomat, great works, best religion, etc)

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
It's a tough choice. All of the upcoming changes needed to be made, IMHO. I've long advocated for a buff toward peaceful play, and I'm very excited by what the devs have come up with.

That being said, the announcement that got me most excited were the long, long needed multiplayer fixes. I can't wait until multiplayer is playable and decent.

So hard to pick just one...

I'm most excited for Trade Routes but the Archaeology/Theming stuff is close. (curating? yes, please!)

Same. UN is also exciting, but I have the feeling it will need more tweaking post-release than trade routes will.

Not saying a lot. I expect a lot of tweaking post-release for trade routes as well.

I voted the new culture system, but the only reason I did so was because City Flipping wasn't an option on its own. I'm a convert from Civ Rev (Not because I think it's a better game [it's not], but because that was the first civ I was exposed to.) and the fact that a game as complex as Civ V didn't have a mechanic that even the humble Rev pulled off so well was truly disheartening. I cannot wait to go back to playing my "peaceful" OCC culture games where I steal all my opponent's cities through the amazing awesomeness of my coca-cola and levi jeans!

Long live culture flipping!

~R~

I'm most excited by how flattened the SoPol acquisition is going to be. With Great works and wonders being the only additive source of culture, with artist slots confined to national wonders, and SoPol costs still rising per city, it appears that either it's SoPols for all or SoPols for none except with artist slot commitment.

Having changed the culture victory, the player whose greatest strength is in culture now no longer need be paralyzed and paranoid about foreseeing the five branches into which to spend policies (not that a competitive culture game ever varied from the same five...).

This is my greatest fear as well. Will SoPols be too easy? And doesn't this new culture victory require no hammers at all? It is also the only victory which can trigger "oops I win," not having a final click to elect for it.

Still, my vote also reflects my fascination with the ideology system. Constructing "Arabian Freedom" and "Celtic Autocracy" is getting my pre-order, even with all my worries the game will have serious issues to be reverted after a patch #1.

I voted archeology but culture and tourism is a close second.

I have my fears and misgivings for the UN/World congress.

I'm most excited by how flattened the SoPol acquisition is going to be. With Great works and wonders being the only additive source of culture, with artist slots confined to national wonders, and SoPol costs still rising per city, it appears that either it's SoPols for all or SoPols for none except with artist slot commitment.

Having changed the culture victory, the player whose greatest strength is in culture now no longer need be paralyzed and paranoid about foreseeing the five branches into which to spend policies (not that a competitive culture game ever varied from the same five...).

This is my greatest fear as well. Will SoPols be too easy? And doesn't this new culture victory require no hammers at all? It is also the only victory which can trigger "oops I win," not having a final click to elect for it.

Still, my vote also reflects my fascination with the ideology system. Constructing "Arabian Freedom" and "Celtic Autocracy" is getting my pre-order, even with all my worries the game will have serious issues to be reverted after a patch #1.

I don't see how one would accidentally get a cultural victory seeing as how you would have to be actively pursuing a high tourism output.

Top Bottom