1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The new patch seems to have arrived

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Clement, Oct 22, 2010.

1. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

wow...trading seems really nerfed now

2. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

I have been getting that kind of thing from time to time since day one. I usally get one square south of a tip of land bordering water, not the two horizontal ones that you got. It is making errors filling in the "quadrants" of the hexes.

dV

3. JLoZeppeli

JLoZeppeli Prince

maybe it's their own way to make the game difficult...:lol:

4. pagh80

pagh80 Warlord

Question:
    Do excess science now flow to the next invention in line?
    I dont see anything in the patch notes about it.

5. Licinia Eudoxia

Licinia Eudoxia Empress

In what way?

6. gunter

gunter King

Anyone of you please could highlight 2-3 good points about the patch and if necessary 2-3 points bad ?

Thx

7. gunter

gunter King

Every single game I played there is a bunch of these bugs.

Does the patch fix it ?

I hope so

8. Jharii

Jharii King

Do the patch notes not work for you?

9. gunter

gunter King

Ehehe, I do not read neither reviews nor lists, I listen to player reports only, they are the only real source of info.

Marketing statements and Shafer lies are out of my interest

10. Sobsob

Sobsob Warlord

Seems to run run much faster to me at the moment

11. arioch99

arioch99 Chieftain

The version must be 1.0.0.62. Close your steam client and log again to apply patch.

12. srvs

srvs Chieftain

In a game where I would be trading out luxury resources for 300 each to every civ, every 30 turns, they will only give me 150 gold for it now. I know it's not always 300 but something has definately changed since none of them will go over 150 now and they are all non-hostile. Also, more importantly, no AI wants to trade one of their resources for one of mine, I have to give at least 2 or 1 plus 100 to 200 gold. Pre-patch they would 1:1 trade all the time, except when the civ was hostile. Maybe they hold less value to luxury resources now when they have abundant happiness.

13. stich09

stich09 Chieftain

Yeah, everything from the graphics to the interface to the loading of the game appears to be faster. Good for my laptop.

14. gunter

gunter King

Just a quick question, how do you know AI level of happiness ?

15. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I have deluxe, but don't remember the links showing before.

My Gauntlet beta-1 save is dead, thanks to the deluxe edition save incompatibility. :mad: In my case it just sat there on the load save page forever. Had to alt-tab to notice the game had crashed. Guess I'll have to start another run. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention, the patch notes show the visual artifact (red dots) problem has been fixed, but I still have red dots. I'm on dx9.

16. Eddogegr3

Eddogegr3 Warlord

VERY happy about this quick "major" patch. I am not quite ready to jump in, I'd like to see how this one goes and what plans are in store for the next major patches. I remember I stopped playing Civ 4 for about two years and was welcomed back to the wonderful BtS. I really hope Civ 5 will do the same---just less than two years.

I'd like to see future patches do much more in the way of diplomacy (this one had a nice start, but I suspect much hasn't changed outside of trading?)

17. Licinia Eudoxia

Licinia Eudoxia Empress

Yeah, I hardly played Civ4 at all until BTS, and even then, I didn't play Civ4 that much. It wasn't until a friend got me into FFH that I played a lot. I easily played more FFH than vanilla Civ4.

I know there's lots of fixes to be made still, but I'd really like to see a patch that strips outdated modifiers when a unit is upgraded. It's annoying having my Rocket Artillery that has to deploy because it used to be regular Artillery.

On the other hand, it's neat to have rifleman that attack twice because they used to be CKNs.

18. Vlade Divac

Vlade Divac Warlord

Anything special about this change? Does it give you more info into the mind of the AI's opinion of you?

19. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

srvs explained it a bit a few posts above. Basically it seems luxury resources are not worth near as much pre-patch. I relied on that income to help pay off city-states.

20. zonk

zonk Prince

It's sort of bad that it sounds like people who sprung for the deluxe version got the least TLC :-(

Anyone know the genesis of the 25% gold build? I hadn't seen more than just passing complaints (and not really complaints, people pointing out that building gold is pretty tame).

Strictly speaking for myself, I guess -- I think money is too powerful and this adds, not reduces the problem.... If they had this in sulla's walk through, I imagine they might just quit building things at all and just have every city build gold, buying when they want something.

Others have noted diplomacy (gold trades) being nerfed... so perhaps it balances.

I know it's just out, but will be interested to read what people think.

I don't have any old games worth finishing, so perhaps I'll dust off V myself tonight and try a bit.