Votes: 16 13.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 18 14.8%

• Total voters

Sarevok

Civ3 Scenario Creator
FINALLY! its done!

The Old Empires PTW & C3C By Sarevok

What If Tamerlane Had an Heir? A Legitimate, Strong Heir who took over the Mongols after he died in 1405? It Happened and the new Great Khan, Nayuk chose that instead of advancing to China, they should advance into Anatolia against Osman's Rising. Although the Ottomans managed to defeat the Mongols and drive them back to Persia where they would remain for the coming centuries, the Mongols had unexpectedly given hope to, instead of terror to all: The Byzantines of Constantinople.

The Byzantines had spent the years the Ottomans and Mongolia fought wisely, building up a third wall to add to the double walled city, but this wall was a new innovation to defend against a new weapon: Bombards. By 1453, when Mehmed II assaulted Constantinople, his Jannisary's and Bombards were routed by a heroic defense and Mehmed II died during the struggle. A treaty following made peace with the turks and allowed them to pass through Byzantine territory so long as they were independent. The treaty was never threatened until a new monarch rose to the throne: Suleyman I. in 1520, He forced the Byzantines back to their fortress city and bypassed them while his forces stormed into the Balkans but were finally stopped at Vienna.

In Western Europe, Charles V had built up his great empire and had badly Beaten up the Germans of Luther. He then decided to give up instead of both his thrones, just the HRE's Crown. He then Made the Netherlands a independent state, but governed by Spain. There was never any dissent there, and so the Netherlands matured together with Spain to make a Grand Alliance Between Spain, Netherlands, Austria, and Portugal.

Many wars followed, and the world saw the decline of Spain, and the rise of England and France. despite the setbacks, Spain managed to keep ahold of New Spain, and like the Netherlands, Mexico became a 'governed' Ally to Spain. Portugal Also managed to keep Brazil, but deteriorated rapidly to a decrepid state. Perhaps the biggest event following the Napolenic Wars was the 'Reconquest' age when after 4 Centuries of Overlordship, the Byzantine Empire declared war on Ottoman Turkey in 1834. Internal struggles brought Ottoman Strength down, while the Byzantines had much like their Roman predecessors, and advantage of technology, equipping their army with the first true
Rifles. The Ottomans were rudely ejected out of Europe and the
Byzantnes Seized both Bursa in Anatolia, but also seized control of Italy and unified it as a great power. Under the Byzantines, Italy became an industrialized and unified society which Italy did not become until much later in time.

In Scandinavia, the Danish kings had unified Denmark, Sweden, and Norway into a confederation and Allied State in 1868. Perhaps their biggest worry lay not with Russia, but with the increasing power of Germany, But it decided to stay neutral in international affairs.

Colonial warfare also was a very interesting aspect and vital to the period. The Byzantines managed to defeat the Ethiopians in 1896, and made then a 'governed' Ally. Perhaps the biggest shock to the world in colonial warfare however was in South Africa. The Zulu empire had expanded and apparently threatened the British to the point that the British invaded in 1879. The Zulu's, Under Ceshtwayo however had made a secret ally: the Byzantines. The Byzantines gave the Zulu's Rifles and Ammunition to defeat their colonial rival which the Zulu's did with ease and then quickly overran all of South Africa. The Britsh, accepting the Zulu Victory, signed an Alliance with them and helped them Industrialize.

The world had been arming up in the past 3 decades, and had signed many Alliances when an event shook the world...

In June of 1914, the Heir to the Austrian throne was Assassinated by a Serbian. The Austrians prepared war against Serbia only to find that they were earning the anger of Russia. At this time of Crisis, the world is on the brink of war, a war where the old empires of Byzantine, Norse, Zulu, and Mongol are all at stake...

This map is for PTW and C3C, The chosen player is the Byzantine Empire. This is currently a early test, and comments are welcome. it took me 6 months of on-and-off working on this to finish it, Enjoy!

NOTE: This map has an immense amount of cities and units on it. Bad enough that it has a immense initial load time, but also the between-turn loading times are very long as well. A good idea would be to turn off freindly and enemy unit animations as it cuts the waiting time by half in playing.

In addition, Rocoteh has created a version of The Old Empires that is made to go faster than the monstrous size of the "Full" version of the scenario. To download this version, visit the link below:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1676577#post1676577

Alliances (Not locked alliances for C3C Version):

The Triple Alliance:

German Reich (Leader)
Austria-Hungary
Ottoman Empire

The Triple Entente:

Great Britain (Leader)
France
Russia
Egypt
Canada
Belgium
ANZAC (C3C)

Anti-Ottoman Alliance:

Byzantine Empire (Leader)
Mongolia
Arabia

Neutral:

Norse Empire
China
United States
Netherlands (C3C)
Mexico (C3C)
Spain
Portugal
Empire of Japan
Zululand
Siam (C3C)
Tibet (C3C)

The scenario is at this Link:

PTW V1.4:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/TOE_V1.4.zip

Conquests V1.9:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/TOE_1.9.zip

Credits:

Creator Full Version: Sarevok
Creator Rocoteh's Personal Version: Rocoteh
Creator Rocoteh's Historical Version: Rocoteh

Additional Resource Placement: Metacomet
Additional City Placement: Mobilize
Weaponry Information: Gogf, Mobilize
Population Data: Rocoteh
Army Data: Rocoteh
Naval Data: Rocoteh
Technical Information Rocoteh's Personal Version: Dreadknought

Beta Testers for C3C Version 1.5: Rocoteh, Mobilize, Metacomet, Xen, luiz, Plexus, Grandmaster, Wildfire, Packer-Backer, mrgenius, sprnv8, and Johann MacLeod

Special Thanks to:
Metacomet: For tons and tons of information on resource placement, which made this map much more accurate and much better.

Mobilize: For many city placement changes and a great deal of new cities were added on his advice.

Rocoteh: For very good advice and suggestions for things to change with the BETA version which made the main product much better. Also has given more advise and details than I could have ever hoped for. No doubt he is the Key to not only The Old Empires, But also The Great War.

Dreadknought: For computer-technical advise in the shortened version of this scenario.

And to all others who have played, tested, or otherwise given advice on this scenario.

Nice idea, but how do you create the aliances?. Don't you need to wait to conquest?

Or are you thinking to do so, because know I realize that you don't have any link for the scenario....

Then I'm waiting to see this scenario in conquest, just one month more.......

Nice scenario, nice idea. Too make it more interesting I'd add an independent African civ like Ethiopia or perhaps South Africa.. something to weaken the Euro powers just a tad bit while creating some more fish to catch.

I already explained that the Zulu's had overran SA and annexed it, and Ethiopia was conquered by the Byzantines. But be sure that in 1.1 Ill add some more civs out of the Empires.

At this point, im just waiting for comments on the scenario before i ship out V 1.1. I have already made 1.1, but wont post it until I get some comments so I can make some changes. I have made some edits in Unit strength, Draft Ability, Movement, Resources, and I have added the Belgians and Canada. I just want some comments on the scenario before i post it, thanks.

I am the Ottomans,i have take over the Egyptian Sultanate.long live the new Ottomans Empires!

Sarevok,next time use TETurkhan map, will more fun to play on.

hey, like my scenario but with a different plot

I like :)

Originally posted by Azale
hey, like my scenario but with a different plot

I like :)
you are right this is a What If Game.

Great concept I'm downloading now. And howabout some screenshots?

!!! GOD

Im getting irritated at PTW now because you cant set diplomacy! Sorry everyone, but this scenario is not the best it can be without that. Ill be remaking this for conquests 4 sure.

@Sarevok: How about posting some saved games? That way you can (a) set the diplomacy you want us to use, and (b) save us a lot of load time?

@Anyone who successfully starts a game: Ditto.

thats because of movement no doubt.

Grandmaster- Thats just the problem, Byzantium isnt strong enough to convince the great powers (Britain, France, Russia, Germany, etc. ) to a fair MPP so I cold start the great war. They all demand all my gold, which im not willing to do in a game.

As for a save game, Ill post it on my next post here.

Top Bottom