The Order Of The Samurai

BCLG100

Music Master
Samurai- Those Who Serve

Welcome To The Order Of The Samurai

all members swear fealty to the shogun (president) and no other.

this will be moved over with the forum switch so please no posts saying wrong forum or the such like,

The Laws Of The Samurai

1. Samurai must fight fair, no stabbing in the back, if an argument needs to be resolved then it will be contested in either armed or unarmed contest.

2. A Samurai must become perfect in whatever he chooses to pursue, whether it be archery, armed combat with a single sword, armed combat with a double sword, or unarmed combat.

3. Samurai must make there own weapons, no taking off anyone else.

4. If you come across a a fellow elitist across the field of battle, you shall seek each other out. once miamed so much that they cannot continue you end their life quickly and painlessly.

5. If a samurai should lose and live he must perform the art of Seppuku (the killing of ones self)

6. A samurai must first under go the trials before being completly acknowledged as a Samurai.

7. Once becoming a Samurai it is for life (a term) so this should not be undertaken lightly. it is only a job for the bold and foolhardy for we alone stand in the defence of the kingdom.

here is our banner,

Attachments

• samurai banner.bmp
    198.3 KB · Views: 703
The Seven Principles

These are possibly more important than the laws, they define what a samurai must be.

The Samurai principles grew out of a mix of Buddhism and
Shintoism. They Called it Bushido.

1. Gi: the right decision, taken with equanimity, the right attitude, the truth. When we must die, we must die. Rectitude.

2. Yu: bravery tinged with heroism.

3. Jin: universal love, benevolence toward mankind; compassion.

4. Rei: right action--a most essential quality, courtesy.

5. Makoto: utter sincerity; truthfulness.

ó. Melyo: honor and glory.

7. Chugo: devotion, loyalty.

Our Creed, i didnt write this by the way i found it on a website and thought it was nice.

The Samurai Creed

I have no parents; I make the Heavens and the Earth my parents.
I have no home; I make the Tan T'ien my home.
I have no divine power; I make honesty my Divine Power.
I have no means; I make Docility my means.
I have no magic power; I make personality my Magic Power.
I have neither life nor death; I make A Um my Life and Death.
I have no body; I make Stoicism my Body.
I have no eyes; I make The Flash of Lightning my eyes.
I have no ears; I make Sensibility my Ears.
I have no limbs; I make Promptitude my Limbs.
I have no laws; I make Self-Protection my Laws.

I have no strategy; I make the Right to Kill and the Right to Restore Life my Strategy.
I have no designs; I make Seizing the Opportunity by the Forelock my Designs.
I have no miracles; I make Righteous Laws my Miracle.
I have no principles; I make Adaptability to all circumstances my Principle.
I have no tactics; I make Emptiness and Fullness my Tactics.

I have no talent; I make Ready Wit my Talent.
I have no friends; I make my Mind my Friend.
I have no enemy; I make Incautiousness my Enemy.
I have no armour; I make Benevolence my Armour.
I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle.
I have no sword; I make No Mind my Sword.

Member List

Grand Master=BCLG100

CivGeneral
Chieftess
Sarevok
Sniperdevil
Ginger_ale
Civanator

Wouldn't that be "to the Shogun and no other." :rolleyes:

I'm considering joining, but I'll wait a little more. It's not easy to leave the Samurai caste once you're in it you know. :p

I have just undergone the process of making my sword, read on if you wish. BCLG bows :)

I had to undergoe fasting to purify myself for my blade, i was dressed in white as should be done and i began the proccess. i began by heating the steel and then hammering the varying layers of hardness together, this enabled it to both be strong inn battle but also. This process took a month with the reheating taking place over and over again. I then preceded to engrave just above the hilt with the words. Gi, Yu, Jin, Rei, Makoto, Melyo and Chugo

ぎ
ゆ
じん
れい
まこと
めりょ
ちゅご

Attachments

• My Sword.jpg
    My Sword.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 611
Hmm, Gi and Gi would be a bit confusing for me since I closely associate the Gi as the typical karate uniform ;).

Personally, I would take the kana-ized Romaji words with a grain of salt. Putting Japanese into romaji, and back into Japanese is like asking babelfish to translate paragraphs for you. ;)

はい!参加するよ!^_^
(hai! sanka suru yo! ^_^)

Yes! I'm joining! ;)

<---- has japanese lettering disabled on my computer.

Nuthin but white boxes.

I'll be creating a Japanese language FAQ thread, since it's bound to be a popular theme. (samurai, anime...)

(BTW, sanka is used for "to participate" in relation to forums).

Chieftess said:
&#12399;&#12356;&#65281;&#21442;&#21152;&#12377;&#12427;&#12424;&#65281;&#65342;&#65343;&#65342;
(hai! sanka suru yo! ^_^)

Yes! I'm joining! ;)
Along with CT, I would also like to join.

Yes, you can. You can even create one, too.

The Grandmaster will have to excuse me, but I wasn't aware that Samurai made their own swords. I'm pretty sure they got master blacksmiths to do it. ;)

okay if your just going to be nit picky :p im both, My club My rules :p if you want to be an elitist gotta make your own sword. what happens if your suck surrounded by hordes of enemy in the middle of a jungle and all you have is a forge a lot of wood some iron and all the tools associated with making a sword, @immo i cant see it either but CT tells me its there.

Considering the fact that it takes months to make a good Katana, I suppose I would take some sharp tools and try to cut and fight myself out of the jungle before I starve to death. :p

But seriously, who cares. Just one more thing: You wont have much of a sword until we research IW... :p

:p cheetah are ya gonna ACTUALLY join or just make annoying comments like that everytime i post? :p

Top Bottom