1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Philosophers of the Legion Faction

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Shattered, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Sorry for lurking but, rex left because he wanted to be on a neutral stand point when he began his CNN.

2. bamf226

bamf226 King

I have not paid attention since the first 10 turns of the game. The cattiness of all the other factions really turned me off. Even though I read everything regarding the game on both the public and private forums, I still had no clue what my role was. I voted in a few polls, but it seemed like once the game started and the first city started, the game blasted off leaving the other factions feeling that our faction was completely in charge with little opportunity to give feedback. There was no roleplay aspect that I saw from anyone. A few people took charge, a few more people . .. .. .. .. .ed about us being in charge, and everyone else was left wondering what was going on.

3. Ballazic

Ballazic King

Ya, there has been a lot of miscommunication, and you are correct we need all around better communication.

What things would you guys like to see run differnt.

I personally think we should move more of our discussion back to CFC forum, rather then our own forum.

Also I would like to see open science voting. too.

4. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

I am OK with an opinion poll on science tech path. But it is an opinion vote not a decision vote. If vote is divided, then we should keep with our plans. If it is obvious that we are in the minority of the vote we need to look at what we are thinking and maybe change the plans. We have to make sure things are cordinated, so out builds and stance to war need to match our techs.

I think the things that can be polled are

Archery Next?
    Iron Working soon
    Long term tech paths (I am not sure exactly how to put this one out there as there are so many options.)

I think they should be open poles.

5. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

May I propose the following to allow for better communication?

1) How is our save? thread

A thread for those who are unable to load up the save to ask questions about the game.

2) Generalized Military, Culture, and Science threads.

Long-term strategic threads used for the primary planning of Culture, Military, and Science. Citizens can refer to these threads for the overall picture.

3) Cartographer office

Just a database of pictures taken in the game (preferably with the date).

6. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

What happened to our plea for "Open Border" with Spain? I have heard nothing of it in reply. I think we need a more effective way of getting out the verdict on a series of Legion decisions.

7. Ballazic

Ballazic King

My foriegn affairs minister hasn't told me anything yet

if i don't hear anything, ill make the decision, and we are signing it

8. Seymoo

Seymoo The Sexmaster General

One of the plans bandied about on the private forum was a thread for each way, where he could recruit apprentices and discuss the running of his area of concern. It would also make it clear to all who is in charge of what, would serve as a route through which citizens could bring there concerns to the person making the decision and a place where they could announce plans for the next turnset.

Also I offer my own thread of "the rostrum" (although I did prattle on for far longer than I meant to in the two posts so far), or a similiar idea as a thread in which to make important announcements in RP.

9. blastoidstalker

I though posting that request in the war with Spanish Thread, end the espinage adjustment was enough.

Do you want me to start a new thread with those requests.

10. Ballazic

Ballazic King

Sorry, I forget who does what at times, my bad.

11. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

active when online.

12. blastoidstalker

What are the plans for our builds in Arete for turnset 5?

13. Shattered

Shattered Lord of Utopia

Hello fellow Philosophers! I have returned from my trip north and am now active again. I would like to thank Ballazic for filling in for me in my absence. I shall now take the reigns back and play this game. :)

14. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

All Philosophers Please post in the Census

15. w00ter

w00ter Warlord

Good to have you back Shattered! You have alot of reading to do since there has been a rebellion etc.

16. Ace of Gold

Ace of Gold MAKE WAY FOR THE BAD GUY

welcome back shattered.

17. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Prince

I am sorry but I feel I must resign from the faction and the demo game in general. I don't think this game is for me at the moment but I may return later or next game.

18. w00ter

w00ter Warlord

You mean you got bored?

19. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Prince

I have been doing other things and ya I kinda got bored.

20. blastoidstalker

I need to announce that I will be leaving the Philospher's Legion at this point. I have enjoyed my time here and the conversations we have had and have been proud to be a member of this faction. I feel you have done a good job welcoming and getting new members involved in the game and despiste the critisisms ran a good and fair game. This also means I will be resigning from my position as follower of the way of the spoken word, I would like to nominate Seymoo for the position if he wants it as he expressed interest before. Good Luck to you all.