The Powers that Be

seasnake

Conquistador
This is a new mod called the Powers that Be. The Authors are Seasnake, Baldyr and Asaf. Seasnake had the design, XML and artwork, Baldyr the Python changes and Asaf brough CustomDLL to allow for truly unique civs.

The Download Link is Here:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/the-powers-that-be.16857/
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TBQM9XTE

UPDATE AS OF 4/23/2011, IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE HOTFIX BEFORE THEN PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD AND USE
NOTE: ATTACHED HOTFIX IN THIS POST SLOWS THE RATE OF GREAT MERCHANT/ARTIST ACQUISITION FOR NETHERLANDS AND POLAND. ALSO FIXES ARTWORK PROBLEMS WITH MIDDLE EAST TANK AND AFRICAN CHARIOT ARCHER, THE BOMBER AND SHIP OF THE LINE. IT ALSO CHANGES THE TRAITS: EXPANSIVE NOW +1 FOOD ON TILES WITH THREE FOOD AND SONGHAI NOW HAS UNITS THAT DO NOT NEED OPEN BORDERS AGREEMENTS.

To install, just unzip the folder into the "mods/the powers that be" folder. It should ask to replace a few files, let it do so.

This mod is a standalone expansion to Glory and Greatness, my earlier mod. You do NOT need Glory and Greatness to play this.

FEATURES: 40 Civilizations with Unique Civ Powers, 80 leader (two per civ) with one of 10 Unique Leader Traits, each civ has expanded UUs and/or UBs. New Resources (titanium, plays, shellfish, pearls), Blue Marble Terrain, better leader art, new wonders, all on the Better BTS AI engine with an expanded future era (courtesy of NextWar Mod).

This Mod is a lot of fun guys, I've had fun making it and playing it. Every civilization can be very competitive and has several diverse strengths. Some have incredible powers (like the Mongols) but average UUs and UBs. Some are all around good builder civs (India and Iroquois) but have little Military advantage. Others have a commercial advantage. Some have incredible UUs (Scandinavia, their Longship can enter Oceans!) but weaker powers.

There will be patches released as needed, but no major modifications to the game. I'm done with modding Civ IV, I'll just work on patching and fixing up this and Rise of Empires.

Thank-you list in the Spoilers.

Spoiler :

Thank you to the following:
Tsentom1 for his Python Wonders, promotions and Traits.
Chuggi for Improved Graphics, which improved several leaders and brought Blue Marble Terrain
The_J for his invisible techs and tech support.
Geomodder for Cultural Citystyles, from which many of the new buildings come from.
Ekmek, Sabioleth, Refar, MethylOrange, Melcher Kurzer, Den9510 and Nitram15 for Leaderheads and LH tutorials.
The Navy Seal for unit formations
Arian for his Wondermovies
PND for test play
Deliverator for the EE2 future units
Walter Hawkwood for Various Buildings
Bakuel and Danrell for units
Voyhkah for his helpful Civ 4.5 project
AsioAsioAsio for the UI project and buildings
Mallin for Titanium
Johnny Smith for Marsh terrain
Team NextWar
Team Varietas Delectat
Team BlueMarble

In closing, let me say that this mod is my magnum opus of modding, and I am proud and pleased to present it to the community for its consideration.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 2,310
  • Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 2,171
  • Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,797
  • Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 1,819
  • Assets.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 316
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, Part 1: Poland-Lithuania.
It stands to reason that Pole-Lithuanian isn't an adjective, and while I am being an autistic grammar Nazi (I can't help it, sorry), Polish-Lithuanian sounds better.

Further, I think P-L can easily trump it's enemies with it's culture. I own a lot of my continent. And I only have four cities.

Otherwise, P-L are really fun to play.

Okay, Part 1: Poland-Lithuania.
It stands to reason that Pole-Lithuanian isn't an adjective, and while I am being an autistic grammar Nazi (I can't help it, sorry), Polish-Lithuanian sounds better.

Further, I think P-L can easily trump it's enemies with it's culture. I own a lot of my continent. And I only have four cities.

Otherwise, P-L are really fun to play.

Yes, early culture bombs are powerful, but that's when your enemies should attack. If you only have four cities then you can't produce nearly enough troops to stave off the zulu or mongols.

Ahhh! The dreaded Megaupload download...20MB downloaded after 15 minutes.

I'll have to try again later...

tried 3 times to download, it gets 2/3rds of the way then fails, is there an alternative download site as i have been trying for almost a day now

Day 2 attempt at download...Still morbidly slow.

You know what's weird? I just downloaded your Rise of Empires mod (which is also from Megaupload)...and that download was fast.

Day 2 attempt at download...Still morbidly slow.

You know what's weird? I just downloaded your Rise of Empires mod (which is also from Megaupload)...and that download was fast.

Calm down my laptop took 2 freaking hours to download this mod - I finished a EUIII mod DL before that. :scan:

When I play as a middle eastern civilization, the tanks appear as red blobs and the buttons on the bottom don't appear. Could you fix this?
African civs also have the same button problem with the chariot archer.

Hotfix is done! See first post for details and download! To install, just unzip the assets folder into the "mods/the powers that be" folder. It should ask to replace two files, let it do so.

You need to take hotfix out of the path, because that makes it a to install...

Yes, just place the "assets" folder in the hotfix directly into the folder Mods/The Powers that Be. It will ask to replace files. If you just put the "HOTFIX" folder into the mod, it won't change anything and nothing will be updated.

I give this mod a try, then I see what to suggest for improvement, but since you say you are not going to add in any more major modification, well that just a shame and waste, if you truly love to mod, why don't you try to make the best mod out there and be with the big ones like FfH and RoM? you earn yourself some rep if you do.

Top Bottom