The Powers that Be

The Expansive trait for leaders stops at some point of the game??? I mean, it's nice for them to be able to explore with units around but it should stop at some point of game because they will use it not only for explore the territory, but for pass troops trough territories that have not an Open Borders Treaty with them (and to look what they have in each city before attack them). I should say it would be better if they have that advantage just until Writing is known and Open Borders Treaty becomes to be active...
Because for example if I play this mod with Germany in a World Map... and Russia has Catherine as leader with this kind of Expansive trait, I cannot perform a territory strategic invasion to Spain to have the control of the Gibraltar Edge to prevent Russia get out of Mediterranean Sea or pass it's ships out to America... it will be useless then try to block Russia's pass trough some edge or channel or strategic point as Istambul... because Russia doesn't have a limit to only be able to have the explore units as the only ones to pass, but all units... doing this trait not an explore one, but a violation of Open Borders Treaty and the each country's lose of their control over who passes their territory or strategic points as Gibraltar, Istambul, Panama Channel, etc.
(This mod can be played at multiplayer, and I'm thinking playing it with a friend... and the idea of him messing around units on my territory to look what I got before attack me, or passing troops trough my territory without my consent (and there's nothing I can do but war him the whole game to stop/prevent that ) isn't a great feeling for me. That's why I think that trait maybe should be only an advantage until the Open Borders Treaty is ready to be sign.

(I will keep looking at civ's units to see if there are more red circle issues with the graphics. Can you tell me in how many graphics the game is divided? It will be easier to check if I know the ''graphics area'' so I can choose only one civ of each area and check all units to see if there is any issue with them... for example check all units of Israel only to see if there is any issue for the whole Middle East graphics... and then Chinnese to see if there is issue with Asia region graphics... etc. I think maybe one of them are Native American, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa... but I really dont know so if you can tell me to check region by region the units will be great :)

Hello... already test the 6 units graphics regions at world buildier... the only ones that I find with issue was that ones that I already said: Middle East BOMBER, and SHIP OF THE LINE units that appears like red circle.

Let know when you fix that and update the hot fix to download it :)

Okay, new fix is coming. Expansive will now receive +1 food on tiles with 3 food. That is their new ability to replace unlimited open borders. However, I may give to one civ that as a unique ability, like the sioux or someone. Thoughts?

Great!! :D I have made an Earth Map for this mod, so let me know if you want I pass it to you :)

Finally got around to playing this last night...Enjoyed it.

Anyway...I would argue Louis XIV is overpowered for a cultural victory...5 CPTs a turn is a lot.

Finally got around to playing this last night...Enjoyed it.

Anyway...I would argue Louis XIV is overpowered for a cultural victory...5 CPTs a turn is a lot.

Of course, if sack just one of his big three cities he's dog meat. Some civ/leader combos have a huge advantage regarding science/culture victory but you need to kill those if they are too close.

Hey seasnake, Im trying to learn how to mod. I already have the mod's draft but need to learn how to make the technical job to make it happend. Can you help me with it? It's not a huge change, is mostly like yours, adding some nice things but letting the game core's there. Let me know please :)

Hey seasnake, Im trying to learn how to mod. I already have the mod's draft but need to learn how to make the technical job to make it happend. Can you help me with it? It's not a huge change, is mostly like yours, adding some nice things but letting the game core's there. Let me know please :)

Sure. PM me or post on my message wall and we'll start talking.

You should know that there are four basic parts (speaking loosely) to TPTB mod: changed XML, Python, DLL, and Artwork. The interaction of these things is the key. I can help with XML and Art. Python is also a possibility, but Baldyr did the really awesome stuff. DLL is beyond me, that was Asaf's territory.

i downloade both Powers that Be and Glory and Greatness and i cant play any scenarios at all
for the dutch maybe you can make the intrest 1% or 0.5% (iv'e done it in my private modmods)
otherwise, its the best mod since GEM and RFCabundance
(i also posted this in the glory and greatness forum)

That might be necessary. Actually, that dutch bonus may need to change completely. I keep hearing the same things but I'm so stubborn about it.

Well thanks for the head's up, I'll brainstorm a bit and come up with something.

On Glory and greatness,
to me, this mod really stands out. I like its simplicity, while at the same time making a whole, and better then orig., experience! Also its stable and runs on my low end system.
Thanks very much!
(one question though. On 3 pro cent interest on treasury of Dutch empire, it seems that this brings me rather fast to an infinite treasury. I believe I have several millions around 1700, now researching democracy. You meant it to work like that?)

Going to try the powers later

Hello seasnake, im having trouble playing The powers that be... after the game loaded i get the welcomscreen with the background but no menu... so im stuck, any idea what i can do about it?
the menu is actually there but invisible, i clicked blind through the menu and managed to start up a game but it crashed immediately
dindt have this with glory and greatness

Hello seasnake, im having trouble playing The powers that be... after the game loaded i get the welcomscreen with the background but no menu... so im stuck, any idea what i can do about it?
the menu is actually there but invisible, i clicked blind through the menu and managed to start up a game but it crashed immediately
dindt have this with glory and greatness

Well, that's a new one. Usually the problems that would affect a system for TPTB are the same as GaG. If for example your a Mac, neither would work. If you have customDLL changes to your base game both should crash. The major "under the hood" difference with TPTB is Better BTS AI but it doesn't make any sense how that should cause your error. And finally, you can play GaG so I assume you know enough about mods that you aren't simply making a simple operator error.

Please post a screenshot if you can, I'm curious.

Galleys are acting strangely, or perhaps it is the units that are being loaded or some "can more into" code either in the DLL or Python.
Archers, settlers, and workers: can walk onto galley when it is in an adjacent coast tile, as normal.
Axemen or holkan: Can not do so. They can only be loaded onto the galley in a city (or, presumably, a fort although I have not tired it).
I haven't tried anything else yet.

Another irregularity or 2:
The civilopedia strategy text still indicates that caravels can enter territory without need of open borders, but they can't (although the one UU version of it, the carrack, apparently can).

The strategy text also says the step pyramid gives happiness if the state religion is present, but it doesn't appear to do that.

Another irregularity or 2:
The civilopedia strategy text still indicates that caravels can enter territory without need of open borders, but they can't (although the one UU version of it, the carrack, apparently can).

The strategy text also says the step pyramid gives happiness if the state religion is present, but it doesn't appear to do that.

Okay, so that's merely an update of the strategy text. Also, the Caravel was restored to it's original BTS function so that the East Indiaman and Carrack would have that special ability again. That can be done.

The galley thing makes no sense! I'll check it out though.

Top Bottom