The preview thread

I can tell this is going to be a good thread (so long as it doesn't die). :D
Noice buildings!

Hmm, I like the second and third the best. That is not to say that the others are not quite good, just that I like the second and third the best. I do look forward to more of Kyriakos's work. I will need to learn how to add buildings to the game now.

Thank you :)

I think i found what to do with the set as well, does this size 1 look good?

The fortified town perhaps will just be the fort, not sure if i should add the houses.

I would keep the houses, as the fortified town would act as the refuge for the residents of the houses when attacked. Medieval castles were not isolated buildings, nor were fortified towns, both had their surrounding residences of the farmers and workers.

Beautiful... The extra houses are not really needed.
As I am sure you know, many times additions can take away from simplistic beauty... much like an over worked piece of Art.
...in this case, Larger showing detail of the building is better than smaller with additions :)

I don't know I actually really kind of like how that looks. You would have to do the same thing for all the culture groups though so all the city sets can be replaced for continuity.

I guess i will upload it, and if i think of some improvement i can always post the new version too.

If it stays that way it could be easier to make more sets, since i would only have to make four buildings for each :)

I think that next week, if i have the time, i will begin work on a norse fantasy set.
I already have four buildings for it, i only need to make some minor alterations, and create a few more details :)

After seeing how they look on their own, on game terrain, having the buildings by themselves, with no houses, looks very good. A Norse set would be greatly appreciated by me as I do play the Vikings quite a bit for the Berserker, which allows for early amphibious assaults on the water maps that I play on.

Kyriakos... the Single Buildings Look Very Good alone because #1 they show Detail that is not blocked by other structures, #2 esthetically, they add to the Map without becoming too "busy" or over worked and #3 each Building presents itself as being the "Center of Attraction" which is a very nice way to present them on a Game Map with Other Map Graphics. Simplicity is Better :) :goodjob:

The Stave Looks Fine for the Back Left Building. The Front Right is leaning a little to the left and probably the shadows cause some of that.

Top Bottom