The preview thread

Now only a native american set is needed, at least so that all "classic civ3" culture groups have an era.

But i dislike the maya-inca-aztec civs. Are there three different building types for northern natives though?

Not to belabor the point, but I would like a Mughal set.

And for northern natives (like the Iroquois), you could have a wigwam (a dome shaped building like the one on the right in this picture) for the small, a longhouse (this) for medium, and two or three longhouses for big. For walls, you could have a palisade like this.

I dont make indian sets, sorry, and the mughal is even worse due to the details :)

Thank you for the pics, i'll see what i can do...

I'm sorry to hear that. It would be very useful; we have pre-Islamic Indian sets for the ancient and/or medieval eras, and modern ones for the modern era, but have no late medieval/industrial ones, where a Mughal set would fit perfectly. We have one, but it's not very good quality IMO (though that's not to say I could do better; I don't want to sound insulting).

I do not create industrial sets ;)

I just started a story tonight, i am at page 8. This probalby means i will go into gfx hybernation, but this was to be expected, i made 8 (9, but the byzantine will be destroyed) sets in 8 days.

I don't think you should get rid of your Byzantine set. What don't you like about it?

And it wouldn't be an industrial set. It'd be from that time period, as India wasn't conquered by Britain until (IIRC) 1858, but it would have the buildings of the 1500s, 1600s, and 1700s.

I love the new mine and its shiny roof :) Perhaps add something to make it seem more distinctive, showing that it's an iron-smelter? Not that I know what that would me. Perhaps the chimney thing (don't know what it's supposed to be called) is enough.

Seems more like that inn in Lord of the Rings than a mine. Why not release it as a resource? "The Inn at Bree"?

I think the Hobbit Mine could use that image... just remove the Windows and Chimney then make the Opening Under the First Curved Structure so it is larger and No Door. Basically, the Roof Shape and Curved Door Structures are what would provide the "Hobbit" appearance.

I created this resource, climb up the stairs to meet joy.

What do you think of it? Particularly the flags, the fact that the centerpiece is just a cube (but i meant this as a juxtaposition of simplicity of indifference towards the death offered above it) and the colours :)

Top Bottom