The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread IV

How large does an object need to be to create a sonic boom we can hear?

Seeing the fireball thing in Texas makes me wonder. I live in the desert and I've seen a few larger meteorites burning up.

How different is Catalan from Castillian? I'd have thought by now it'd mainly be just like a different dialect, isn't there soemthing like 20 different languages in Iberia?

Isn't that the other side of Spain? I think Catalan too is an autonomous region of spain, but I think they aren't allowed to be autonomous because of the constitution.

So, are you taught both in school in spain? Or are you taught Spanish but the rest just speaks Spanish? I'm just wondering how you guys understand each other. I always thought it weird how my dad and grandparents said they couldn't understand Sicilian which I'm always told is just Italian.

How large does an object need to be to create a sonic boom we can hear?

Seeing the fireball thing in Texas makes me wonder. I live in the desert and I've seen a few larger meteorites burning up.

Pretty small, something doesn't need to be very big. It is the speed that is important I think. The "crack" of a whip, is in fact a small sonic boom.

The cracking sound a bullwhip makes when properly wielded is, in fact, a small sonic boom. The end of the whip, known as the "cracker", moves faster than the speed of sound, thus resulting in the sonic boom.[3] The whip is quite possibly the first human invention to break the sound barrier.[citation needed]

A bullwhip tapers down from the handle section to the cracker. The cracker has much less mass than the handle section. When the whip is sharply swung, the energy is transferred down the length of the tapering whip. In accordance with the formula for kinetic energy, the velocity of the whip increases with the decrease in mass, which is how the whip reaches the speed of sound and causes a sonic boom.

-Wikipedia

Did they change the two dollar bill too?

Nope. The 1 and the 2 are still "classic" style, the 100 is new style without color. I don't know of plans to change any of those, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens, either.

Is the 2-dollar-bill even still in currency? I heard they stopped the printing of new ones years ago.

They don't print them often because they don't need to; people just don't use them much. Vicious circle, I suppose.

Thomas Jefferson is on the front, and a depiction of the signing of the Declaration of Independence is on the back. Personally, I think it's far and away the nicest looking of our bills and I try to use them whenever possible.

It's still going. banks just usually never give them out unless asked. The minneapolis reserve just had some printed for them a couple years back.

I ask for them every time I get cash from the bank. They don't usually have them. If you want some, call the bank ahead of time so they can either put some aside for you or perhaps ask the Fed for some.

Who is on its front side? And what's that fellow called on the 1000-dollar-bill?

I believe Grover Cleveland is on the 1000, but I've not actually seen one.

i always think of the Count of monte cristo whenever I hear about Catalans

That's funny, I think of gangleri.

Wikipedia says that it takes place in

"France, Italy, islands in the Mediterranean and the Levant"

Mostly France, though... I highly suggest it if you're looking for a read, it's easily one of the best books I've taken the opportunity to read.

Go big or don't go at all I say.

Might as well, although I think the bigger one makes Kramer look more like an old hobo and less distinguished.

Why are some girls such... sluts? (For want of a better phrase...) After one online coversation, a girl was seriously suggesting showing me her breasts, if I removed my genitalia and showed her them first. What in the name of sanity is going in here? I didn't, by the way.

Maybe she's not a slut. Maybe, if you had done it, she would have had a good laugh, logged off, and wondered why some boys are such idiots that they fall for this. Or she might have taken a screenshot and immortalized you someplace online.

Thomas Jefferson is on the front, and a depiction of the signing of the Declaration of Independence is on the back. Personally, I think it's far and away the nicest looking of our bills and I try to use them whenever possible.

I agree it's the nicest, I don't like spending them so I don't get them, because then I'd just stockpile the bills.
I thought the $1000 didn't exist anymore?

Maybe she's not a slut. Maybe, if you had done it, she would have had a good laugh, logged off, and wondered why some boys are such idiots that they fall for this. Or she might have taken a screenshot and immortalized you someplace online.

It was a man

How is my English?

Acceptable?

I agree it's the nicest, I don't like spending them so I don't get them, because then I'd just stockpile the bills.

I've compromised and stockpiled less than $10 worth of them.

I've put probably $70 into circulation.

I thought the $1000 didn't exist anymore?

They aren't printed. There isn't any need for them anymore.

Ah, I thought that there used to be all kinds of bills going up to $10,000 notes but after some reform that made the current money in the 20th century they made the $100 the biggest.

Should i do anything special with my 2K post?

70 x 70 fifty!

Top Bottom