The Realms Beyond - Succession Game Discussions

Wow, you guys are on top of things. I'm looking forward to what you can do with Civ4 (I don't expect to get the game for several months anyway).

In a way, all you early people are trailblazers of Civ4 succession games (since its obvious not the same list of do's and don'ts apply, you can figure out what is fair and what isn't).

OK Speaker, great to see you, lets Cannon Fod this again :D

Put me down on the RB2 roster with you... and I can guarantee this will be my first game ever, I will not even play an SP before since I am in Europe and will probably get the game later than you guys.
Would be wise to let me be last on the roster then.

Just posting to say Hi! :wavey: to everyone, I definitely want to get in on some of the RB SGs, they were my first intro to the SG concept. Due to annoying RL issues (work) and the fact I expect I will need a new video card to play Civ IV (and the time to install it), I will probably be joining in a week or two later, but definitely looking forward to joining the fun!

:wavey:

Long time no see RB people. I haven't had a computer for months. I lost 2 of my 4 in a fire for which I was underinsured, and my gf and mom had/needed my other 2 for school/work more than I needed one for play.

I've been working like a fiend pretty much all year and haven't really had much free time to even think about playing games. The only game I really missed was moo - It's all Sirians fault for readdicting me to that game! - (Civ 3 burnout had long since set in) and I'll probably try to get some SG's going for moo again too. Not sure if I want to SG in Civ4 for a while or not (seems like joining Civ3 SG's allways lead to some catastrophic event IRL... probably just me being paranoid....), but I am definatel looking forward to Epic 1 (or is it 51?).

Anway... I'm at my gf's at the moment, but will be coming back from vacation next week and will finally be getting myself a new comp.

Yes, I'll be getting it simply so I can play Civ 4 (and moo). Yes, I'm addicted......

I'll stop in at RB when I get home, just wanted to say hi.

-Maniac

Hi, long time reader, first time poster. I've followed the RB SGs since quite awhile ago, and I am consistently amazed at how some people have essentially bent a system of rules to their will, almost like in "The Matrix." Your accomplishments in the past were impressive, I learned lots about Civ3, and not to mention some posts made for great reads. I got much better at Civ3 by simply reading. Imagine what could have happened if I had participated.

If Speaker'll have me, I'd like to join RB2 for Civ4. The idea is to is to be completely new, and I think I'd fit the bill.

StarrySurprise said:
Hi, long time reader, first time poster.

First post indeed! Wow. :eek: Glad we could coax you out of the lurker's lounge and on to the dance floor, though. Good time to take a new step!

- Sirian

I was born a lurker, I live as a lurker, and I'll die a lurker.

But I can't tell you how many times I've re-read your SGs and RB games. My wife and I still use the term "no guff!" from Lion Amoung the Lambs game. Please keep up the great work, and i promise to continue reading it silently from the grandstands.

Hey, I've been playing Civ for a while now but never got into succession games. I'm a good friend of Speaker's and he suggested this to me. I'm totally in and looking forward to having hours of my life sucked away by Civ IV. Let's play....

Hello, all.
I've been lurking in the shadows for a long time now - several years, to be sure - and finally decided to register at Civilization Fanatics about ten minutes ago. Having plumbed the depths of Sirian's Great Library and T-Hawk's Heroic Epic, not to mention nearly every Epics report since that of Gandhi and his dealings in gems, I think it's high time for me to join in the fun. Though I'll refrain from "wetting my feet publicly" at the SGs (at least for the time being), I'm looking forward to the Civilization IV Epics and joining the RB community in general.

- Zayl

Woohoo! More lurkers coming out of the shadows. That is way cool. :hammer:

I'm looking forward to meeting some total newbies as well. "I've never played Civilization before, but I'm here and going to give it a try." Those type of folks. Civ is a big tent and growing fast. (Amazon sold out all their copies of the Presell Edition, it seems! Some of those have to be newbies, right?)

Welcome. :bounce:

- Sirian

Well, gee. How cool is this?? Lots of old faces, and lost of nwe onces too!

I'd say there won't be a problem getting 2 rosters for SG2 from the look of it. Ive been reading back on some of the SG's/epics I've played in and it brings back great memories :) I am sorely tempted to say, what the heck, sign me up!

But I think I better wait till next week before jumping in since I'm not exactly sure when I'll get the game. Maybe I'll just host a game on Monarch (not Noble) in 10 days or so. I'm trying to coax my gf (a civ 3 vet who's been too shy to join SG's previously) into playing when she gets her copy. She's dying to try allways PEACE, so maybe I'll give that a shot :p

It is great to see so many new and old faces coming together! I'm not ready to jump into any SG's at the moment (although I'm really looking forward to doing so!), but it looks like I don't fit the criteria for any of the games, anyway. ;)

For those of you who think Sirian and Sullla are playing their own game because they've been *beta* testers, you're only slightly warm. For more background on RB's participation in CIV, please see our new welcome page!

Oh, and the rules and information are up for our CIV Tournament!

I am really looking forward to reading about the first SG's, and joining soon!

Griselda said:
I'm really looking forward to doing so!

That's going to be fun. I can't wait until you have enough free time. :D

Griselda said:
For those of you who think Sirian and Sullla are playing their own game because they've been *beta* testers, you're only slightly warm.

:whipped: :woohoo: :hammer:

Griselda said:
Oh, and the rules and information are up for our CIV Tournament!

OK, it's time to change my signature now. ... EDIT: There we go. :cooool:

- Sirian

Top Bottom