[The Return to Nibiru] Diety turn <100 Science challenge

Wow, I had Guilds much much more early. I also had Hong Kong amd just about any other bonus which cut down the last part to 3 turns

Wow, I had Guilds much much more early. I also had Hong Kong amd just about any other bonus which cut down the last part to 3 turns
Oops, I meant Stirrups, not Guilds. Still stuck in Civ IV where knights are unlocked at Guilds...

Going Rocketry before Stirrups is pretty standard for me. Beeline the upper part of the tech tree, then you can start your spaceport early and build that one+satellite, moon landing and first Mars module while teching all the military stuff.

Sooo - what it possible now with the patch? I don't have time to attempt these sorts of challenges, but I'm curious what can still be done.

Thanks to all of you who are trying and reporting on these adventures!

My guess is yes, but someone that actually played these incredibly early Science Victories should answer that question.

Yes, all exploits used here are gone. No more trading bug and no more horse market. Since they fixed the God of the Forge bug and nerfed cavalry policies, the overflow exploit is also fixed to the point where it doesn't make much difference anymore.

The only game breaking bug I'm aware of right now is the God of the Harvest bug (multiplies the amount of faith you get from harvesting with your number of cities). There can be a rule stating you are not allowed to used that Pantheon.

What patch do you talk about? Fall 2016 Patch still has gold bug (unlimited gpt trading and gpt doesn't subtract for any player)

Huh? The Fall patch had this fix: "Fixed an issue where AI would counter gold changes with the change desired, rather than the total amount of gold desired." That's what I used for unlimited gold and to buy their cities at 1 gpt.

I know gpt doesn't subtract from the AI when they trade it away, but are you saying it doesn't subtract from the human player either? It used to pre-patch.

That's big if true. I took the info at face value and never even tried it out

Oh crap. Now when Dynamic mentioned that, I came to think about another possible exploit, and it turns out it works. Sell a city to an AI for tons of gold, then immediately buy it back a lot cheaper. It seems it can only be done once, after that the same AI wasn't willing to pay tons of gold anymore, at least not the same turn. This is still really bad. For more gain, sell it to Russia to expand the border, then buy it back. In my test Russia payed 1200 gold, a Great Work of Writing and 30 gpt for a pop 1 city, which added 8 tiles to the city radius. Then he immediately sold it back to me for 3gpt, 15 gold and a resource. After that he was only willing to pay 1 gpt for the city.

If this same thing still works with works of art/relics (buy back cheaper than you just sold it for), then it's really bad.

You can give to AI many times 5gpt for nothing at one turn and it doesn't subtruct from human player but adds to AI. Next turn give gpt again but for some cash from AI. Repeat it untill get all cash from AI. So you will have unlimited "air" money once meat AI.

Hmm... okay. So basically give the AI 5gpt 100 times, the next turn he has earned 500 gold, which you can trade for by trading your 5gpt to him over and over again? Technically that could give the same result as the earlier gold bug, yes. Only it requires a gazillion more clicks.

But seriously, Firaxis, how hard can it be to get this right?!?

Top Bottom