The Road to War Ultimate Edition for BtS 3.19

Kk, so its Dale then who has overdone the 3.19 patch somehow. Thought my UE was 3.19 though. A bit confused here :p Can't really see how anything can overdo 3.19. But nvm.

The version of UE that Dale released is for 3.17. The version of UE in this thread is for 3.19. The Firaxis version of RTW is actually add-on pack 2 without Hitler or Hirohito.

Firaxis was lazy in 3.19 and did not include updated versions of the fan scenarios (other than making them work with 3.19) like they had in prior patches (meaning that the 3.19 official versions are the same as the 3.17 official versions but work with 3.19), so UE is actually a later version than the Firaxis version.

Okey, damn complicated hehe.

So.. How do I get marines at 20 if possible? :D

when you attack with unit and you have a artilery or ship or airplane
the artilery attack first destroing the enemy even before you attacked
this is intencional is so easy to win
also you can nuke allies citys

^^ Yeh, even if that artillery already has used it turn already. And every time you attack a stack with arty the arty gets a shot, which isn't fair I think. It should only have one shot, not unlimited.

I have a question, whats the best way to get this mod to work if there is an APPCRASH for me on Vista with the file downloaded from this thread. I'm assuming its version differences

Try a complete re-install again on Civ IV + BTS and patch to 3.19 then install this mod.

while i very much like the mod, i stand by the bug i posted.

if you can upgrade a 3 star guy to 5 star, for only 20gold, then it makes no sense to charge 140gold, to upgrade a 4 star guy to 5 star.

i mean, is this not obvious? how can that be argued with?

my belief is that it should cost only 20gold to go 3 star to 4 star, b/c they are basically the same. and it should cost 140gold to go from 4 star to 5 star, b/c that is a big jump in capability.

and further, it should be 160gold to go from 3 star to 5 star.

you should not be able to go 3 star to 5 star for only 20gold. i wonder if other countries can do this, and if the AI takes advantage of this oversight?

hammers, imo, have nothing to do with it.

As I said feel free to edit the unitinfos.xml file to values you feel appropriate, and I am sure you will like the mod even more.

yeah i should, except i don't know how. i install mods, i don't make them. i suppose its just a matter of trying to figure out the xml with a text editor, but the idea of changing not just the russians infantry, but any other nation's/units affected on such a sweeping scale doesn't appeal.

i do wonder why seemingly no one agrees with me tho? and if the AI takes advantage of this oversight?

how is your mod different from this one, and can they be installed simultaneously?

RE: Using My Mod,

1: Copy the entire "The Road to War" folder as "The Road to War - KiwiTT"
2: To install these files, find the location of the original ones and replace them with mine.
3: Essentially renaming the originals by adding old to the name and renaming mine to the original names. Here are all my modified files.

This means you can play either Road to War or Road to War - KiwiTT

RE: Editing Unitinfos.XML look

1: Search for INF1_RUS (Early Infantry) INF2_RUS (Improved Infantry) or INF3_RUS
2: Find the values iCost Variable and change it to what you feel is appropriate. e.g. 200, 300 400 respectively

RE: No one believing me

I have read hundreds of WWII History books and Websites and played WWII wargames for over 40 years, and would recommend you read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Barbarossa

Also this book

Clark, Alan. Barbarossa: The Russian–German Conflict, 1941–45. New York: Willam Morrow & Co., 1965.

To understand the Russo-German conflict

thx for the instructions.

as to people believeing me, what i meant is agree with me, and specifically with the gameplay mechanics. just as a matter of gameplay, what happens makes no sense. i don't see how it could.

another question tho, as the russians, i can't build household goods factories even after researching it. so is this on purpose? and if so, is there any reason for russians to research it?

also, if a resource is outside a city radius, does having a fort on it make it available? or do you need to destroy that and make the mine or pasture or whatever? i assume just having it inside your culture color isn't enough...?

another question tho, as the russians, i can't build household goods factories even after researching it. so is this on purpose? and if so, is there any reason for russians to research it?
Goods factories are an initial building and limited on purpose. It indicates whether the town can produce arms or not.
also, if a resource is outside a city radius, does having a fort on it make it available? or do you need to destroy that and make the mine or pasture or whatever? i assume just having it inside your culture color isn't enough...?
I believe it works the same as Civ 4.

This is the first mod i'm trying, but i just can't get it to work.

I followed the installation steps: Unzipped it to the /mods folder in bts, started bts, and loaded the mod. All worked fine so far... But when i try to pick a scenario (or a custom game, custom scenario, start now... i tried it all) no roat to war scenarios appear.

So i get it loaded all right, but i see no way to actually play it. What am I doing wrong?

Do not load the mod directly.

Try Single Player -> Scenarios -> Road to War.

The Mod will load automatically.

Do not load the mod directly.

Try Single Player -> Scenarios -> Road to War.

The Mod will load automatically.

That's easier said than done. When I click "Single Player" i get two scenario options: "Play A Scenario" and "Custom Scenario".

In either one i cannot select "Road to War", but i can select different scenarios, like "1936 - Global Assault". When i select that, i get the error message:

"Failed to read worldbuilder file "mods/the road to war/public maps/1936 - Global Assault.civbeyondswordwbsave"

Can you check your folder paths. and see if the file is there ?

Just a quick question "You do you have Beyond the Sword loaded ?"

Can you check your folder paths. and see if the file is there ?

Which file?
"The Road to War.ini" is in the directory ".../Beyond the Sword/Mods/The Road to War".
The file "1936 - Global Assault.CivBeyondSwordWBSave" is in ".../mods/The Road to War/PublicMaps"

Just a quick question "You do you have Beyond the Sword loaded ?"

Yes.

Edited to add: And, for example, the Charlemagne scenario works... So i guess i am generally able to play (some) scenarios, but not the Road to War ones.

Hmmm ...

This may be a bit of a pain, but can you do this.

1) Can you completely remove Civ IV
2) Install Civ IV, BTS, patch 3.19
3) Attempt to play the BTS RTW Scenarios

If that works

4) Copy the entire "The Road to War" folder to another location (i.e. not in any Civ IV folder (e.g. c:\temp))
5) Extract the full Ultimate Edition 1.1. for 3.19 file into the "mods\The Road to War\folder" over-writing the exisiting files.

Try selecting a scenario again.

If that fails

6) Delete the entire "The Road to War" folder and replace it with your backup from c:\temp
7) Run a RTW scenario again

If that works

Download my version :D and install that one and wait for my own version of "Global Assault", expected in version 0.6 (I am currently at version 0.31)

Top Bottom