The Strategic Spanish Photojournal

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
On strategic mode(so i dont randomly hear units walking bug and then go crazy along with random fun bugs in the later game then you got farms not loading graphics correct cuz spaghetti graphic engine), locked in random civ, certain settings and certain mods. Huge Communitas map with all natural wonders to be spawned. Events actually used.
Spoiler Starting Condition :

Spoiler Part One :

Spoiler The introduction... :

It's a nice camp we have here. This will be our Holy City in the future.. for the best of all.

To the east, I have found terrain to be of great strategic value and manufacturing. I am hoping I'm able to take advantage of this terrain.

I explored the map around and found some barbarian invaders!

Explored more and found the Egyptians to the South. Met some new strangers from far-away lands.. but I am unable to define their whereabouts yet.

Spoiler An era of expansion :

I realized I am on very good land and decide to take Progress for my expansion. I adopt Slavery and take my expansion away. Only Madrid resisted the change to adopting slavery.

A great mine has been found. Surely I must claim it before Egypt does. It will ensure a good production to my empire.

Had I noticed it a turn earlier that is.. I've already settled my city.

I went for the culture trick and begin building the Petra(knowing it won't be finished) to receive some culture.

This delayed my production... but I wasn't in dire need of some. Egypt was to the South and if they had not invaded me now with their UU it was now too late for them to do so. I don't need to build up my supply. Unfortunately.. they had probably claimed the Great Mine. They are likely to snowball now. I need to-

Spoiler The Eternal Threat :

I found another Natural Wonder.. in America's hands! My enemy to the southeast and to the south. My northern borders seems relatively stable, but with two countries in control of a natural wonder. I have to be wary of their powers now.

However, now it's not the time for war. I must trade with my enemies before backstabbing them. They have more social policies and technologies than I. But their time will come.

The Spanish Empire won't barter anymore. We will establish ourselves a decentralized economy hoping that the interest of the commoners will interest the nation more. It saw a little revolution in Madrid again.. hmm.

It seems my northern borders were contested... with the English.

Spoiler Dumb Luck :

Apparently, Egypt never claimed the land out directly, or it intended to through Heliopolis? Hmm.. Nevertheless, the Egyptians will be punished for their mistake. Toledo will now be the front for the Egyptian Invasion.

Happiness problems were occurring and I cannot rule with a single despot at the throne now. It must rule directly from the heavens! Hereditary Rule! Surprisingly, no one objected.

The English offered a trade deal that was fair to them to accept for now.

My empire would expand and expand into small islands (for my religion had the Order, Fealty unlocking Monastery, and my UA unlocking Mission would benefit with the Progress policies so well)

However, it seems as if I was not focusing on my faith enough because after experiencing an event that made me 200 Faith. I thought I had enough.For there were only one religion left to be founded and I was only 2 turns AWAY. I was spooked away.

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Last edited:
Spoiler Part Two :

Spoiler Preparing for the Reconquista :

We have founded our religion of Zoroastrianism without struggle. (this photojournal could have been a short one had I not founded one).

Egypt was clearly in the wrong for claiming southern Spain and deserved a divine punishment. And God has given us that ability to punish. An armory would be built allowing much better trained troops in Toledo: the opening that would clear the enemy.

So why do we fight? For the better honor of God!

Hmm it seem that we are not so-far large on this map of ours as we began sending emissaries to other people's capital...

Spain seems to be trading actively as perceived...

However, Madrid was under attack! Barbarian assaults would train them however for the next coming war of Reconquista.

Rome came offering a good deal(to me as Rome had only 1 City and perceived no threat to be handing them some spare change) to help us in making the masses content in the next Reconquista.

Our armies were about to be ready. They were marching onto south by the sea from the north as reinforcement begin pouring into the southern region.

On the 120th turn we were ready to prepare our surpris-

He caught onto our ruse and we immediately had to attack...

The Reconquista was about to begin.

Spoiler The Reconquista! :

Our religion are becoming more organized and we immediately took organization to the state allowing us to fully control our people through authority and piety.

Our initial failure in Alexandria was devastating. Reinforcements was cut off due to an unknown naval presence in the area. Toledo will now have to supply its own troops with Gold and Faith on the invasion of Heliopolis.

Battle was intense. Egyptian Fervor ran through their cities urging them to fight back against us. It was a fierce resistance.

Byzantium had heard of the war and came offering us some luxuries for resettling our people in southern Spain. We happily obliged.

The war waged on... it seemed to be a stalemate until we broke ground into Heliopolis twice.

If secondary capitals exist, it was Toledo. It was the city that kept giving.

It seems our time has come. A Great Diplomat is born in our Capital to aid us in spreading our embassies in the world. Reconquista was in God's favor.

With the south destabilized and Egyptian naval presence disappearing we could finally pressure up north into Alexandria.

Of course, our naval ships are bought with Faith and the holy fleet has never failed us. Based on this trend we are likely to capture Egypt and reclaim the rightfully land of southern Spain.

Spoiler Part Three :

Spoiler War of The Eternal Threat :

By God, we were quickly taken by surprise. I had expected the threat at least a few more years after we conquered Egypt but they attacked at our weakest point.

Or so they thought.

The reinforcement from the north that was held up in the Reconquista was now properly upgraded and dedicated to the Eternal Threat. Our conquistadors will make quick works on them.

Seeking to end the war, I demanded the capitulation of Egypt which Egypt compiled in kind.

Our war has now properly began. If Egypt dare seceded, we will take over its Capital without a hesitation.

With vassals and a fingersome of city-states at our disposal. The war on the eternal threat waged on as we began to centralize our economy on Mercantilism.

However, it is clear that they are militarily shocked by our immense power out of nowhere. God has clearly favored us on this battlefield.

The English were shock that one of her southern neighbor has suddenly become dominant and signed a defensive pact with us to help us deal with her northern neighbors as I suspect when we are done with America.

The war wages on with us breaking ground on the Eternal Threat's land. We are likely to win with God's favor in our hands.

We adopted Vassalage as we now have a vassal and we needed much more training for our soldiers in the war against the Eternal Threat.

And thus we conclude this battle. Seeing if we will break ground on Atlanta as a powerful veteran trebuchet(with indirect fire) begin weakening its defense for our Conquistadors to take over.

Spoiler Part Four - The Crusade :

Cathedrals have been unlocked us through our Events and we are able to faith-purchase these buildings. This is good news!

As we have last seen it, the war has been in a stalemate. Washington refuses to kneel.

Spain has abolished slavery in favor of a more spiritual labor system of the Caste.

However, with the flux of Faith coming from our killings for the Order, I'm able to replenish my troops through faith instead of having to rely on my infrastructure and gold. Allowing me to take Atlanta.

Now the war wages onto Boston. The heart of America's faith.

Siam has discovered all of the powerful leaders and Spain finds herself on the south-eastern continent.

Seeing as Boston is so eager to fall, Washington concedes hoping we will submit. Not in a long shot.

And thus the war continues. Not without faults however.

However.. Boston seems harder to take down than expected...

It is a long and tedious siege.

However, Singapore who has aligned themselves with Spain joins the fray in providing counterflanks to the siege.

This seems enough to add to the edge allowing Boston to be captured.

It is the World Congress session and resolutions are passed that bans Jade and enforce an Open Door Policy on Yerevan. However, Casus Belli will not be approved.

War Weariness has hurt the Spanish people, however. We would not be able to take on the eternal threat given our supply lines have drawn rather thin.

Thus we reach our peace treaty.. which we will come back to fully capture America the eternal immense threat.

There is a side note of Egyptian fighting versus Americans in the south lines, but it is a no-man war with no significant push.

Last edited:
you are only playing with strategic view o_O ?!
only because it's 22 civ and 41 city-states (less bugs to happen because of some random graphics). Also, modders tend to get used to strategic view after a long time of testing.

How do you insert more than 10 pictures in on post?
And wow Ive never play such a big game. I dont think my old rig can handle it. I guess it will take very long to complete.

How do you insert more than 10 pictures in on post?
And wow Ive never play such a big game. I dont think my old rig can handle it. I guess it will take very long to complete.
By inserting them..? Hm.

When I realize there's a bug in the late game in one of my modmod and I have to patch it before it's laterino.

When I tried to upload, the forum say I can only upload 10 pictures at a time :crazyeye:

I've never actually play in strategic view. Doesn't it look like there's a lot of info missing (like river, and it's rather hard to differ terrain types based of their very similar colors, plus color changes while in city view...)
Is there any significant improvement in doing this compare to using quick turn alone ? In bigger game I only have computing issue and not much graphical problem, but maybe it's just me.

When I tried to upload, the forum say I can only upload 10 pictures at a time :crazyeye:
Weird.
I've never actually play in strategic view. Doesn't it look like there's a lot of info missing (like river, and it's rather hard to differ terrain types based of their very similar colors, plus color changes while in city view...)
Is there any significant improvement in doing this compare with using quick turn alone ? In bigger game I only have computing issue and not much graphical problems, but maybe it's just me.
Although, Quick Turn is a nice QOL. Strategic Views turns off the Graphic Events which then save you more turn-processing. Also, it prevents less memory clutter that graphics mode has which is what I think Civ 6 was trying to do when they lowered their "graphic engine" performance.

Doesn't quick turn just make full speed moves for you but quick for AI? I prefer quick for everyone which you can do in the basic settings. Maybe I'm missing something..

Doesn't quick turn just make full speed moves for you but quick for AI? I prefer quick for everyone which you can do in the basic settings. Maybe I'm missing something..
Strategic View still loads faster because it doesn't have to process 10 units teleporting (quick moves) to another tile, but rather a simple icon.

Strategic View still loads faster because it doesn't have to process 10 units teleporting (quick moves) to another tile, but rather a simple icon.

Yep, Strategic View is actually really good to switch to later in the game when turns slow down. You will see a marked improvement in turn speeds because less has to render. You also don't have to worry about the disappearing yields bug as much.

I go through phases. I like regular view, but every so often I get used to strategic view again and when I do, it does bring some nice benefits.

Top Bottom