The Struggles of Creating a Custom Sponsor...

Sir Velociraptor

Chieftain
So over the past week I've put countless hours into trying to create my first custom sponsor (Weyland-Yutani for those wondering) and have hit a few road blocks I need some help with.

Firstly to go over what I have done, I downloaded modbuddy and an already made Rising Tide sponsor from the workshop, loaded all of the XML files into modbuddy and got to editing and replacing entries with ones that are relevant to my sponsor.

So far I've:
-Replaced all entries regarding the original sponsor name and sponsor leader name with Weyland-Yutani and Peter Weyland respectively.

-Edited and replaced various description and intro texts, diplomacy dialogue, spy and city names and other related items.

So, effectively I haven't actually changed functional aspects of the sponsor yet (leader attributes, deals, traits, etc.). Now while I'm no stranger to editing XML files to change already existing things around, I have no idea how to add in new entries, such as foreign policy effects.

So basically what I need help with:
-Changing up the existing foreign policies and the leader trait to ones I have planned for use with this sponsor (I'll list them below).

-An explanation of leader values in the leader XML file (things such as affinity toward supremacy and the like) so I can change them to better reflect the leader. Right now I assume that a higher affinity towards something makes them more likely to progress toward / do the thing in question and vice versa.

-Simple explanation on how custom color values work. So I can set my custom color up properly.

-While it's low priority for me, setting up a custom sponsor icon (the sponsor I chose to edit had a crap ton of extra art assets so I may need to start from scratch here).

-Compiling everything (and doing anything else I might have missed) so it will actually show up in game and be usable.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read all of that and hopefullys some of you can help me finish this up. I originally planned on making Tyrell and Wallace Corp. as well before I hit these hurdles, and still may if I can get this one finished.

Leader Traits and Foreign Policy Deals

Building Better Worlds

L1: Outpost and city growth speed and worker speed increased to 150%, unhealth from cities and population reduced by 30%
L2: Outpost and city growth speed and worker speed increased to 175%, unhealth from cities and population reduced by 40%
L3: Outpost and city growth speed and worker speed increased to 200%, unhealth from cities and population reduced by 50%

Land Development Assistance

L1: Tile improvement build speeds increased to 110%
L2: Tile improvement build speeds increased to 120%
L3: Tile improvement build speeds increased to 130%
L4: Tile improvement build speeds increased to 140%

(No name for this one yet)

L1: Unit strength when fighting aliens increased to 120%
L2: Unit strength when fighting aliens increased to 130%
L3: Unit strength when fighting aliens increased to 140%
L4: Unit strength when fighting aliens increased to 150%

Edit: Formatting. Never make posts from mobile.

Last edited:
Update: So I stumbled accross an already made WY sponsor on the workshop (pre RT) and decided to start from scratch and downloaded it and a more sane RT civ and effectively dissected and merged the two, so I now have the proper artwork and colors, among other things and at this point only need help editing the player perks and foreign policies to reflect the ones listed above and to figure out how to compile it all when I'm finished so it actually works in game. Any help would be appreciated!

Top Bottom