The sultan's First thread.

I agree... but which BG ;)?

The worker won't be able to move on turn 18, but my suggestion for turn 19 is to move the worker north-northeast-north to the BG north of Baldric to mine and then road that tile.

That is the best I could come up with on my spreadsheet. We could mine the BG directly north of the sugar since it already has a road on it, but here is the problem with that: Baldric needs the mined tiles in order to complete the granary before growth to size 4 (and it is much better to complete the granary just before growth than just after). If we mine the roaded BG to Baldric's southwest, then Baldric will need to work the sugar and that mined BG once Baldric grows to size 3. If Baldric works both of those, then Scymitar does not have any 2 fpt tiles to work, and I am severely allergic to working 1 fpt tiles under despotism when growth is everything.

I was thinking of the one that was already roaded.

Of course I am thinking well in advance. The next turn we have I will post a screenie here so that we can work out which is the best way forward for growth of Baldric.

Worker Suggestion for Turn 20: Please mine that tile before roading it - we will need the shields to complete the granary timely.

Classical, could you provide me with a screeny of the Baldric/Scymitar region with Blofeld in it? You did move him so he will be in Baldric ASAP correct?

We've got the save, and we have a few hours left to play!

I know I'm jumping the gun on this somewhat since we still have 11 hours to play, but classical_hero hasn't been online for 26 hours, and the time he is most commonly online/able to play has just passed (I think it is now about 1 AM his time). I'm just wondering if someone else should pick up the save to keep the game moving (and try to prevent another fit from Wotan).

I won't have access to a computer with civ for at least 7 hours (although that is still before our deadline if it comes to that). If someone does play earlier, there are only 4 things to do (I think):

1. Set research to the Wheel.
2. Bump luxuries to 10%.
3. Change Baldric to granary.
4. Move James Bond east.

(The governor placed the citizens properly).

Just a thought...

I am unavailable to play the save this time around.

I think if no one else is available before you get a chance to do it, you're more than welcome to play the save, Chamnix.

I think Chamnix should get it, we're about 1 hours from the deadline now, and no-one has showed up.

Worker Suggestions for Turn 26:

Worker gbno1fan should move to one of the flood plains - we need one of them irrigated so our capital can get +5 fpt and build a settler every 4 turns.

EDIT - it is probably better to improve the flood plains to the east of Baldric (rather than the one to the northeast) because it is more likely that we will found an early city to the east than the north).

The new worker from Scymitar IMO should move SE to the plains tile. We need that tile irrigated so Scymitar has another 2 fpt tile to work. Also, after that tile is improved, he can move to the wines next to connect them just as a new town is founded there.

Please taste all the water we come across - it could make a difference in which way we want to explore.

Please taste all the water we come across
What a great way to phrase "check if the water is fresh or salty."

... Sorry that was off-topic...

Slow day at work today.

Top Bottom