Resource icon

The Test of Time 1003

Half Unit and Building Cost - You really dont need this.
TCS Omnibus - thats probably going to be uncompatible.

Check the Mod Compatibility post in reply 5 on the first page. If you give a link to unteseted mods I will try them and see if they are compatible. By no means am I going to make mods compatible with ToT or edit ToT with mods that we do not feel belong in ToT.
I tested with just your mod and detailed worlds, no other mods at all, and it did not work. Omnibus works perfectly fine from what I've seen.

Just an FYI...I haven't looked at your mod in detail but from the OP there doesn't seem to be any reason why at least the Standard Ruleset of the my Omnibus wouldn't be compatible with this.

I can confirm that on both of your ruleset the mods do work together

Ok so the mods Im using:
Test of Time
Omnibus
Larger Worlds
Detailed Worlds
AI Quick Movement/Combat

Standard size map, Continents
Everything works fine when selecting Continents, if I choose "Continents-Detailed" it wont work, just get the blank map.

Edit: Im also using Directx 12, if that has anything to do with it.

dx12 will not effect it.
On my end those mods together are working fine I do find this odd. All I can say is perhaps you may have forgot to add the assets into the base game?

For those of you having issues with Detailed worlds, try this(I included it, could be a load order issue) :- 1002 Beta

Or add this line after <References> in the modinfo of 1001:

<Mod id="f1192e45-6a2d-4ae8-815d-b9de171a9cad" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Detailed Worlds" />

I can confirm that on both of your ruleset the mods do work together

dx12 will not effect it.
On my end those mods together are working fine I do find this odd. All I can say is perhaps you may have forgot to add the assets into the base game?
I added the assets, only thing I can think of trying is reinstalling civ and putting the assets in again. I used to have MOAR_Units installed, but I don't think that would cause the two to not work together properly.

I added the assets, only thing I can think of trying is reinstalling civ and putting the assets in again. I used to have MOAR_Units installed, but I don't think that would cause the two to not work together properly.
ToT's assets would overirde MOAR Units, they are the same file names.

For those of you having issues with Detailed worlds, try this(I included it, could be a load order issue) :- 1002 Beta

<Mod id="f1192e45-6a2d-4ae8-815d-b9de171a9cad" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Detailed Worlds" />
I tried this, it seems to be working great. Thanks!

Just wondering are you using a mac or pc?
PC, macs aren't real computers :p
What Horem put seems to be working, thanks for the help!

Ok so the mods Im using:
Test of Time
Omnibus
Larger Worlds
Detailed Worlds
AI Quick Movement/Combat

Standard size map, Continents
Everything works fine when selecting Continents, if I choose "Continents-Detailed" it wont work, just get the blank map.

Edit: Im also using Directx 12, if that has anything to do with it.

I tested with just your mod and detailed worlds, no other mods at all, and it did not work. Omnibus works perfectly fine from what I've seen.
That's weird, I can run it fine with ToT and either (or both) of my Detailed & Larger Worlds mods.

Edit: Ninja'd again :)

I tried this, it seems to be working great. Thanks!

PC, macs aren't real computers :p
What Horem put seems to be working, thanks for the help!
Glad that fixed it for you, just out of curiosity what did you try the Reference or the updated mod?

This did the trick, thanks!

I'm going to make my mod version 1000 :)

I would dearly like YAMPC to work with this. I fired up a new game and it seems to be working. I have the following mods though so Ill list them here.

Better water tiles
Gelos Warmongering/weariness mod (I set nearly everything to <Zero> the entire concept is unbalanced so war is fun for now)
YAMPC (I love Enormous maps and the 'Light Eearth' start pushes everyone 30 tiles out and cuts Barbarians a 1/3rd.
Machine Guns range 2

I think that's it. I have those in there now. I am worried that ToT map scripts will conflict with YAMPC or War Weariness.
Works fine with YNAMP on STandard rules, have not tested the other rulesets yet. If you add a line of code to Gelos's modinfo to reference this mod his changes to War Weariness will overide ToT's, same for the Barbarian mod, Increased range for machine guns and slingers is inlcuded in ToT:-

<References>
<Mod id="434d2b10-21f7-408e-998f-b8ecd2791f95" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Test of Time" />
</References>

Sorry fo bad english.
If i translate this mod on russian language (partially becouse this is so big and possible full after some time or another do it later) do you include this translate in your mod? On current moment i do it for self.
I am not modder of this game and not understand it structure, but can do it by analogy and on current moment check new row with 'ru_RU' in your 'Text' directory XML file and for me it worked.

Last edited:
Sorry fo bad english.
If i translate this mod on russian language (partially becouse this is so big and possible full after some time or another do it later) do you include this translate in your mod? On current moment i do it for self.
I am not modder of this game and not understand it structure, but can do it by analogy and on current moment check new row with 'ru_RU' in your 'Text' directory XML file and for me it worked.
Yes i would include it.

is it possible to make it so you can build cities in the ocean like in the real TOT?

is it possible to make it so you can build cities in the ocean like in the real TOT?
good question, maybe i dont know have to look into it, but I doubt that would ever be part of the mod. The base game would require alot of changing to make improvements and districts usable on ocean tiles, and I would assume this would require AI work to, and dll modding

Top Bottom