1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Total Control method

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Korias, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Korias

Korias King

Well, kind of. See, sometimes its fun just to explore exactly what Civ4 can do without the need for one or a dozen AI players deciding to ally against you at the same time. Thus, the one player hotseat game. In a hotseat game, you can easily say "OK, I'll have this Civ go up this branch of the tech, and this one on this branch..." And find out a strategy that works for you. Unfortunately, The game still classifies it as a multiplayer game, which means it disables the world editor. Understandable, but annoying.

In order to avoid this little obstacle, I've come across a way to activate a Debug mode by altering a core game file. Unfortunately, this seems to do jack-squat, as It has had no discernable effect.

The question is, is it possible to have some sort of One Player - Many Civs type game, and if so, how is it done?:confused:

2. CCRunner

CCRunner Deity

I don't think you can. Sorry

3. Kip Beagle

Kip Beagle Sleestak

You want to play a game where you play every civ on the map?

Now that's what I call a civfanatic! :salute:

4. Korias

Korias King

:salute:
    Yeah, thats the idea when I play those games. :lol:

:salute: back at ya.

5. DroopyTofu

DroopyTofu Double Bass Double Bass

I tried that once. It is very annoying trying to keep up with more than one civ. I gave up after about 15 min, an invaded one of the civs with a warrior. It's overrated.

But no, you can't use WB in hot-seat.

6. Harry Potter52

Harry Potter52 Prince

Try the custom game mode, tweak the AI mood to each other with WB and then break any alliances you see forming, again with WB

7. Chiyochan

Chiyochan King

there are single player game mods that let you switch on the fly to different civs.

8. Korias

Korias King

This is something new. Are you reffering to the Rhyes and Fall mod, or something else?