The Tower of the Intelligence Czar

Turn 43

Our warrior spotted their scouting work boat in the far south. We have now met the team that we compete directly against.

We have now met the team that we compete directly against.
I wasn't aware that we competed with Team Cav any more than any other team. Or are you just saying that because we have the top pop and top score at the moment?

2nd Cavaleiros city is named "Sombra de Ceu" with population of 1000.

If Team Cav have a smaller land area than us and there are 3rd, there must be 2 other teams above us. But only 1 other team has 2 cities. So another team must have a bigger land area than us with just their capital?! Surely this could only be Team SANCTA unless another team has built a monument in their capital, which is a little odd...

From demographics alone you can tell that at least two other teams have settled second cities. I do not know if the total land area percentage includes sea tiles. If you do the math without factoring in sea tiles it says that the cavaleiros have 19 land tiles. With it they have about 24 or 25 tiles total. This gives evidence that they have founded a second city overlapping their first. It also may screw up the demographics and let another team have a second city with overlap on their capital. Currently we are third in land mass.

we need an old demographics screenshot to figure out the difference, then we know.

We are at the point where historical saves would be very valuable. Any chance our turn players have saved any of the previous turns

We are at the point where historical saves would be very valuable. Any chance our turn players have saved any of the previous turns
I don't think you can view the previous turn saves other than on a screenshot, or in a Worldbuilder created replica. The actual turnsaves of the game will not load in single player.

According to oyzar's estimations, SANCTA teched the following:

Mining -> bw -> wheel -> hunting -> pottery -> ah or something (could also be ah->pottery), not too sure about the tech after that but it wasn't myst which means that the latest tech they got was likely myst

We are second in production with 16 hammers despite switching hill to cottage.

But there is 1 team with 26 hammers....I hope that is Cavaleiros building Oracle....and not another team building it.

We are second in production with 16 hammers despite switching hill to cottage.

But there is 1 team with 26 hammers....I hope that is Cavaleiros building Oracle....and not another team building it.

Can we view demographics for Cavaleiros yet? That would let us know.

Yeah, we should just ask them

well obviously I read the demographics better than oyzar. SANCTA have just built the Oracle! they just recently teched Priesthood so they must have done some mega chopping

Crap. Well we should find out how much Cav invested in the oracle. If they haven't put anything into it then we should renegotiate since fuedalism is off the table.

I've spoken with Niklas and we're pretty convinced SANCTA must have had Marble to be able to build Oracle in 2 turns! Cav were number 1 on mfg and we were second, so we also reckon they used 3 chops to do this.

This means SANCTA have teched Mysticism, Med/Poly (if poly then MS beat them by 1 turn!) Priesthood and Masonry.

They definitely don't have Writing which is why they didn't get CoL. They've probably taken Metal Casting, or more likely Monarchy. If their GNP plummets next turn it will be due to a revolution, so we'll know they got Monarchy.

They've won Oracle, which is a pain, but they didn't get a very expensive/useful tech out of it a least

Well not a horrible loss, we can still do quite well with tech trades. Plus this reinforces the danger of Sancta to all the other teams. You just know General_W will be wheeling and dealing as a tech broker, offering deals that are "just too good" to refuse. If the other teams can resist this we can keep Sancta from growing into an unstoppable monster.

btw I hadn't notice before but Team Saturn have DMOC in their team, he's one of the best Deity players out there so they are obviously more capable than I'd previously thought...

This is what I estimate SANCTA to have :science: wise:

Fishing, Agri, TW, Pottery, Mysticism, Mining, Masonry, Polytheism, Priesthood and Metal Casting

Top Bottom