The Unit Library

Mara Jade and the Jade Commandos
by CivGeneral

Continuing along the list of units that I know next to nothing about... we have "Mara Jade". Apparently some sort of Star Wars spin off character, Mara Jade is a nifty unit that has several purposes:

1. You feel like having female units running around to keep you amused
2. You're bored and feel like having female units running around to keep you amused
3. You're making a star wars mod.

Surprisingly, I do have a "Civilopedia entry". This is what CivGeneral posted himself on the thread, so I figure he knows what he's talking about:

Civilopedia: "A strikingly beautiful woman known for her flame-red hair and piercing green eyes, Mara Jade grew up as an orphan after her parents were killed early in her life. Little in known about her young adulthood, but at some point she was taken in by Emperor Palpatine and trained in the use of the Force. She was later employed by Emperor Palpatine as The Emperor's Hand. She took on a number of surveillance missions, often posing as one of the Emperor's dalliances in order to escape notice. As a member of Palpatine's closest followers, she gained a good deal of experience in the use of The Force. Her latent Force-sensitivity was heightened by the Emperor, and it allowed her to contact him across vast distances via Force energy. These abilities disappeared almost completely when the Emperor was killed. One of the last missions the Emperor assigned her to was the killing of Luke Skywalker. The Emperor claimed to have foreseen her involvement in Luke's death, and sent her to Tatooine following Vader's failure to capture Luke at Cloud City. She infiltrated Jabba's palace as a dancing girl, but was not allowed onto Jabba's sailbarge when it left to sacrifice Luke and Han to the Sarlacc. This unfortunate setback allowed her to continue in her efforts to kill Luke, but the death of the Emperor at Endor robbed her of her Force abilities and her main source of impetus. She went underground after Palpatine's death, since - as a secret agent for the Emperor - none of the surviving Imperials would ever believe she was more than a dancing girl. She performed a number of odd jobs across the galaxy before she joined up with Talon Kaarde.

Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Mara_Jade_Unit.zip

Attachments

• mara_jade_unit.gif
    mara_jade_unit.gif
    21 KB · Views: 10,675
Austrian Napoleonic Infantry
by LouLong

Here's one of a few nice units LouLong has made of late. As the name sais, it's an Austrian riffleman from the early 1800's. Perhaps a replacement for riffleman for a modded Austrian civ, or just a generic "fusiller" unit, to be used between riffleman and arquebusier. Something that not everyone knows is that Austria was going to be the "8th civ" added in Conquests, but unfortunatly fell victim to that damn 31 civ limit.

Civilopedia: During much of the 18th and 19th Centuries, Austria, under the rule of the powerful Hapsburg family, was one of the most powerful states in Europe, and would remain so untill the conclusion of the first World War. A combination of cultural achievements, and a powerful military structure effectivly made these times the Austrian golden-age. However, it was far from peaceful. From 1792 to 1815, the Habsburg Empire was involved in almost continious wars with her neighbors. From the French Revolution, to the Napoleonic Wars, Austrian armies were to be found throughout Western Europe.

Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5...strianGLine.zip

Attachments

• austrianlinepreview.gif
    austrianlinepreview.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 9,650
5 Futuristic Tanks
by BeBro

The X-Com modpack looks to be one of the best ever. You just have to love something that completely changes around every major graphic in the game...

Now if only I knew what the hell X-Com was. Either way, these are nice advanced tank units. Considering that there are 5 of them, you can use one as the generic unit (imho the one on the lower left), and the other 4 as flavor units. The sandy colored one in the center could be the Arabic flavor unit for example. No Civilopedia entry since these are fictional future units. You'll just have to use your imagination.

Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/x_tanks.zip

Attachments

• preview2.jpg
    preview2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 9,658
Byzantine Cataphract
by UtahJazz7

Xen has been doing everything short of begging for this unit. No wait... now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he's begged for it as well at some point. Either way, after having him annoy the hell out of everyone from the Civ3Conquest forums to the World History forum, UtahJazz has put us out of our misery with this great unit.

Civilopedia: "The Byzantines, the Eastern descendants of the ancient Roman empire, developed mounted tactics far quicker than their ancestors who focused mostly on their legions. Strongly influenced by the Avars and Huns and other barbarian tribes specializing in the matter, the Byzantine Cataphract was made both to counter these peoples and to improve on their concepts. The Byzantine cataphracts were proficient in all sorts of weaponry, including the bow which was apparently influenced by it's use in the hands of foreign mercenaries of the Byzantine army. Much like it ascended along with it's famed horsemen, the Byzantine Empire fell apart with the cataphracts as well. Though they managed to hold off the Islamic threat to years, the Byzantine empire and the Cataphract finally gave way to the Seljuk and Ottoman Turks, who overran it in 1453 C.E."

Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Heavy_Cataphract.zip

Slavic Horseman
by UtahJazz7

Another fantastic unit by UtahJazz7, possibly one of his best. I'd recommend it as a horseman alternative for the Russians, but it shouldn't be a unique unit by any stretch of the imagination. Still it's a good way to add variety to the only Slavic civ in the game (Lest you have modded in the Poles).

Civilopedia: The slavs are the most numerous ethnic and linguistic peoples in Europe, found mostly throughout the Eastern half of Europe and consisting of people such as the Russians, Poles, and Serbs. Like all Indoeruopeans, the Slav's reached Europe from Asia several thousand years ago, where they populated certain parts of Eastern Europe. By the 6th century, the onslaught of people from the East, and the Westward movement of people such as the Germans who they had previously shared territory with, resulted in the great migration of the Slavs. Over the next 2 centuries, Slavs would come to be majority from the Southern Coast of the Baltic sea in the North, to the Balkans in the South. Like many other Indoeuropean peoples, the early Slavs were skilled in horseback riding. Encounters with other people in their migrations, such as the Avars who introduced the stirrup to Europe, only helped further advance the Slavic horsemen. With the rise of Feudalism and division of the Slavs into many seperate kingdom, the Slavic horsemen went on to be replaced by the Slavic Knight, who bore no emblem of his linguistic group, but that of his local lord or noble.

Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Slavic_Horseman.zip

Cataphractari
by Kryten (Cut n Paste)

This is a new horsemen unit by Kryten, but it's technically a rendition of Utahjazz's Byzantine Cataphract unit. Either way it's quite nicely done and everything from the in-game unit to the civilopedia icons look distinctly different, so it essentially is a brand new unit. I recommend using him as a knight flavor unit for the Romans, as this was essentiall the predecessor to the Cataphract from when the empire was still united.

Civilopedia: (by Kryten) “Although the Late Roman Empire began using some Persian style cataphract units about 275 AD, these were very few until Constantine became sole emperor in 324 AD. The main problem with the Imperial Roman army from 0 to 300 AD was the fact that they had no reserves, as almost every legion and auxiliary was stationed on the frontier. This meant that if defeated, or if a major barbarian invasion had to be repelled, or during one of the many civil wars that plagued the empire, the only way of raising a large force was to strip troops from the boarder, thus leaving them weak and vulnerable to further attacks. The Late Roman army of 300 to 500 AD redressed this problem by creating reserve field armies called ‘Comitani’. Consisting of fast moving cavalry and Auxilia Palatinia infantry, these new field armies became the rapid mobile forces of the late empire, while the old legionaries and auxiliaries became little more than a frontier militia called ‘Limitani’. After 500 AD, following the collapse and fall of the Western Roman Empire, the East Roman/Byzantine Empire improved their cataphractari by arming them with bows in addition to their long lances.”

Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Roman_Cataphractari.zip

It seems like nobody is adding in units. I'll add in the new ones I see, as this is a great resource, and deserves to remain one.

BTW, the description of units that I post will probably be quotes from the creators. If it is in "s then it is, if not, then it is not.

A civilopedia entry will be provided, if one is available.

Description: "Here's a flavor unit to replace the Musketman for the Aztecs." You can also use for the Mayans, and Incas.

On the name (written by Dom Pedro II): "if anybody decides to use the name "Tlecuahuitl" in the unit, and I'm sure many of you will be satisfied with "Aztec Musketman", remember that the tlecuahuitl is the weapon... meaning "fire stick" in Nahuatl. So it's probably best that you give him a name like "Tlecuahuitl Guardsman" or "Tlecuahuitl Soldier" "... Warrior", etc."

Previews:

Default --> Attack --> Death:

Run:

Still, all angles:

Thread
Direct Download

Description: "This is anim for the modern worker to have an assault rifle. This anim is for people that want to give workers a defense value (and then use the enslave power in modern times) or make the modern worker a partisan unit.

I know there is no recoil but it serves the purpose. And the gun fire is not blue in game."

Preview (Attack):

Thread
Direct Download

Description: "488m long
240,000 tons displaced (2.4 times the size of a Nimitz!)
capable of landing 160+ mecha on the beaches.
The ultimate in amphibious carriers.
6 point defense laser batteries.
960 short range missiles for point blank defense in 6 missile bins.
68 Tomohawk Cruise missiles for long range attack.

Ships' crew (1660 men),
Mecha operations & support (480 men),
Life support limits are for a full combat complement and about 700 supernumaries (2850 men total).
Designed to be completely submersible as a defence against orbital attack."

Preview (Run):

Thread
Direct Download

Names: Incan Slinger, and Inti Warrior.

Description: "The Inti in Inti Warrior refers to the Incan Sun God, dominate god of the Incan rulers and the one they believed they were decended from. He'd make a good replacement for the swordsman or medieval infantry (I think Kal-el has planned him for the medieval infantry). The Incan Slinger is meant to replace the archer."

Previews:

Inti Warrior (Attack):

Incan Slinger (Attack):

Thread
Direct Downloads:
Inti Warrior - 583KB
Ican Slinger - 486KB

Description: "This is the Kontiki. I'm not really sure what it is... I'm not really sure what it should be filling in for. I think I'm going to use it as a replacement for the Caravel for my Polynesian civ as it is much larger than the Hokulea, although, it should probably be the other way around. Maybe I'll scale it down a bit in later versions..."

Preview (Default):

Thread
Direct Download

Description: "I've used parts of Kinboats fire breathing dragon to modify the Mongol King unit, to give him a magical attack, by throwing fire.
You need PTW or C3C to use this unit, as I only included the attack, the .ini calls for the original animations, so you don't have to copy these to your scenario folder. The .ini assumes you have C3C, if you want to use this unit in PTW you have to mod it.
The colours of the unit looks better than in the gif."

Preview:

Thread
Direct Download

eh, sorry to burst your bubble but the main reason I stopped with the unit library was because the moderators plan to start a "mod-managed" unit library sometime soon.

Top Bottom