The useless MODS button

Xmk

Chieftain
Hi guys, I have some related problems that I didn't found after hours of searching her and around the net.

Here is the problem: When I click on the MODS button (the one on the main menu), the game does literally nothing. It makes the sound but nothing else. No EULA, no Mod Menu, no Mod Browser, No crash...

¿Someone else having this problem?

I tried the usual solutions (erase cache, verifying installation, re-install...) but the problem persist.

Thanks in advance

I just updated to G&K taking advantage of the Steam Sale an the problem persists...

Help anyone?

Hi mate.

Yes I went trough all this post before and I checked if I have the overlay activated both in Steam settings and Civ V properties and it is, so it's no t that.

Note that the problem doesn't appear whe I try to click the Get Mods buttons. I can't eveng go past the EULA. In fact, it never shows up and I get stuck in the main menu.

Thank you anyway!

There were a couple of "UI Mods" for Vanilla that required core game file replacements to be copied into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\UI" (or possibly the parent "assets") sub-directory. Typically these were placed in a sub-directory starting "z_", these persist even if you validate the game, so make sure you don't have any of those lying about.

Edit: If not that, enable logging (see the first link in my sig) and then look in the lua.log file just AFTER clicking the Mods button, it may shed some light.

OMG!

After more than a year you solved the problem for me! It was the "z_" thing!

Thank you very much sir! If you need some help don't hesitate to ask.

I wanna cry. But first I'll play some mods. :lol::lol::lol:

After more than a year you solved the problem for me! It was the "z_" thing!

And just how "sad" does that make me for knowing it :rolleyes:

Top Bottom