The Viking Age (Scenario)

The resources are randomly generated. Instructions for randomization are included with the opening post. I find preplaced resources to be too predictable. When I do a new version, I rerandomize everything, but you can do so yourself as mentioned in the first post.

The grasslands on my map are largely restricted to river valleys and adjacent to lakes. I'll take a look to see if I can add more grassland given that supposition. Maybe there's a river or two that might be added.

Kk, ive been playing the mode now for a week and I do love it alot, good job! It was what I was looking for. Though the over all scope was larger then what I was wanting. I understand your intention of a scenario following the Viking invasion of Britian and Ireland. I think it would be equally good say after the Vikings had established themselves in Mann, Orkney, York, and Dublin and made it a British Isles map. Let me know when you are up to that and updating it for the swords expansion, and I would love to assist you with brainstorming and with play testing. Also flags for some of those countries.

There is a Powys flag that I can find for you and post so that you can add it.

Dalriada didn't exist in the Viking Age ... it was destroyed by Oengus mac Fergusa, King of the Picts/Alba in the early 8th century.

If Craig ever comes back, he can answer it. As of now, I dont belive anyone is working on it, and have been to busy to pick up the mod. ( I also have very minor xml skills).

Upload temporarily placed here as DL link is broken due to hack attack:

Attachments

• EMA.Viking Age.7z
    76 KB · Views: 309
Thank you very much for the upload. I was about to post that it was dead, and I really wanted to try this out.

This was my favorite Mod and Scenario for Civ4 vanilla. But... now its Time for BTS, so is there any chance to get this great scenario for BtS? All these Generals, Spies and such would be an good addition, I think. Anyone?

To play this scenerio in BTS would require updating the mod to BTS. Alot of work that Head Serf doesn't have time for. To play this in BTS, go through the WBS file, and change all of the units, civs, leaders, religion, techs, and everything else to what you would find in BTS.

Top Bottom