The wierdest thing you've ever seen?

Renata said:
Haven't played this game in 2 years, but had to reply when I saw this thread. I got hit by an asteroid once. Wiped out four of my big cities like they were never there and made a second crater. Only happened to me once in probably a year of playing, so has to be a really rare feature.

Are you sure you didn't get hit by a planet buster?

Does anyone think of locusts of chiron being weird? They only appear once or twice a game, so they have the "rare-factor" going.

Jack the Ripper said:
Does anyone think of locusts of chiron being weird? They only appear once or twice a game, so they have the "rare-factor" going.
:confused: I don't remember having ever encountered one of those!
Maybe because the translation from English is not adequate: is it the flying form of the mindworms?

Jack the Ripper said:
Are you sure you didn't get hit by a planet buster?

It was an asteroid. I seen it happen before to the Believers, right after they went to war with me.

I wouldn't really say the locusts of chiron as being weird I seen afew of them that attack.

In the really late game, Locusts are not rare at all...

As a matter of fact in the late game I usually produce some locusts, i find them almost as useful as gravships, and if I am not wrong you can get them before gravships.

it wasnt weird,but i just had to reply seeing all the people doubting metoers.i had 3 size 20+ cities in my core get hit by them.you have to be in first place overwhelmingly and have random events on

I once had a fungal tower appearing (fungal bloom) under one of my own units, and once saw another tower on top of a unity pod. After destroying the tower I could still open the pod. It happened to long ago for me to remember what I got from that pod though.

Me and my friend played Hot-seat alot, and one game, every Unity Pod hatched Mind Worms, even after reloading, it was very uncool, we did not get one, and I mean one non-mind worm pod, no free rivers, no rovers, ect... After we finished I loaded it again and suddenly I was no longer playable, it transfered my control to the computer(I was Peacekeepers and my friend was Cult) and so I then reinstalled it, saved the save games i wanted in a safe place,( I had over 400 saved games, thats how much me, my brother and my two friends played) and it fixed the mind worm bug but not the problem where it was no longer multiplayer, and at the time we were doing really well and had to start over from a previous save which was a sveral turns back.

Somewhat of an old topic, but I've taken up SMAC again lately so I thought I'd throw my hat in.

I was playing as the University once, and had this fabulous continent that was half rainy and half desert. I'd slowly been expanding to the north and east after having grabbed up all the good bits and was in the desert, encroaching on Gaian territory. I'd decided to be peaceful and had just purchased one of their cities, and was moving a Colony Pod north to expand territory further when an asteroid hit right in the same region as the city I purchased.

I decided to take it in stride and renamed it from "Garland Crater" to Tunguska. As I was sending up another Colony Pod to compensate for the loss the Gaians moved in and made all my gains in the region for naught. Then I reloaded.

Another time I was playing a rather spiffy map of Mars as the Morgans and decided that rather than outright fight the Spartans, who were occupying the nothern half of the map (Mars' north is a few kilometers lower than the south on average) I'd melt the ice-caps. Took out about half their cities and made the whole operation pretty easy.

Top Bottom