The wierdest thing you've ever seen?

Originally posted by CrackedCrystal

I read about this but never saw it myself. I thought it destroyed one city, not groups.

It produced a new (second) crater. Everything (cities, units, improvements, whatever) within that radius was gone. Pretty cool. :D

Renata

Originally posted by philippe
I had 1 synthmetal survive 35 alien mindworms!lol
1-2-1 against 35....

Mindworms fight using psi, not physical strength. So the synthmetal doesnt change anything.

I saw something weird last night when I was playing as the Spartans.

I had just gotten the 24-weapon, and had equipped all my units with it. Then, I was gonna attack the University with my fleet of AAA Singularity Cruisers, but somehow, around 80% of them had been upgraded into Clean Singularity Shock Troops.

That's weird.

Originally posted by dreadhead7
Another thought that I've had is why the Monoliths only repair military units.

You can actually bypass this by giving your formers, etc, armour. At least they then loose the -50% non-combat thing.

I've played lots of SMAC but never heard of an asteroid landing. Sure it wasn't a planetbuster. They leave holes too.

Another thought that I've had is why the Monoliths only repair military units.
Monoliths repair any unit. If mindworms attack your former and it survives, send that puppy to a monolith. It'll be repaired just like any other unit.

Originally posted by Plug
I've played lots of SMAC but never heard of an asteroid landing. Sure it wasn't a planetbuster. They leave holes too.

just holes not anything like the garland crater
I've never had that happne but I did see a new vulcano created.

two things I just noticed last week were that wild mind worms never attack your mind worms they run away from them.

if you get one of those unity pods that gives the eight mind worms each time you kill one it upgrades all the others good way to make deamon boils...

in my current game i've built boath the xylempathy dome, the pholos mutagen and the dream twister there's nothing like being able to mass produce deamon boil locusts swarms with a +50%

I once had a believing elite infantry unit equiped with the singularity laser, nerve gass pods, blink displacers. so if you attack a city you have 24+25%infantry vs. base+25% believing+50% nerve gass+ 50% elite=60 attack and ignores base defenses... and if you get one of those fungus upgrades another +50% for attacking from a fungus square giving 72 attack, a planet buster is 99...:eek:

the game I'm playing right now they just voted to increase the solar shading for the third or fourth time, there's almost no water left on the map at all

one time playing as the university I had the values set to knowledge and was taking over the peace keepers the -4 probe had them buying the cities back right after i took them which really sucked since they also got all the mind worms I had in or arount the city (my entier army was mind worms, i love those things) so I tried a different strategy, probe teams don't work on mind worms so every time I'd take a city I'd surround it with worms at one point I had a line of worms going right across the continent to keep the probes out. then I built the hunter seeker...

I also managed to knock out five cities with one singularity planet buster...

I think the asteroid random event was added with one of the patches.

Not terribly weird, but pretty convenient:

I'm the Spartans, sitting on my own little continent. A couple of tiles away, the Hive are unhappily inhabiting a similar continentlet. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, Yang declares war. Immediately, an earthquake occurs, creating a land-bridge between or continents. Promptly, my Speeder legions zoom across and occupies several key cities, incl Hive capital.

I don't suppose this is too weird, but once I created a huge map with almost no elevations whatsoever, and the AI factions all voted to increase the sea level, which would have destroyed most if not all of their cities....

Was playing a MP game recently with a MAC Version Smac.

The spartans where paying me a visit with the wierdest looking mind worm, I've ever seen. It was looking like - well, like the Giant Causeway in Ireland perhaps, which is a basalt stone formation.

Now I wonder if this was just a graphical glitch, or if the worm graphics have been changed for some factions in the MAC version?

Just two minutes ago, found a monolith hidden by a Unity module... Of course, no clue of what this module contained !

umm whats a monolith??

Top Bottom