the worst unit's.

worst unit for it's price

• Total voters
You're right, it's 44 gp since there's no point rush buying 5 last shields anyway, the city will produce that on its own.
Even better, all done with warrior, phalanx, dip and settler, considering one goes for early trade and rep and doesn't have any other military units useful for IPRB.

the battle's in civ 2 go like this, a archer attaks a warrior fortify on a plain, the archer has a attak of
3 and the warrior will defend at 1.5 so for every hit the warrior does to the archer the archer will do 2
and the archer is stronger so it does more damage for each hit it get's so you can waste your time trying to defend agant's a archer or get an archer to kill the other archer :p ;)

Wrong. Each unit got 10, 20, 30 or 40 hit point. If a legion attack a muskteer on a river the legion has 4 attack and the musketeer has 4,5 defence. BUT it's always rounded DOWN so the musketeer has only 4 defence.
They now both roll from 1-4 and the one who rolls less loses a hit point. And so it goes till they have lost all their hitpoints.
But the musketeer has 20 hitpoints while the legion only has only 10, so the musketeer will win the most of the times.

And legions are the most useless unit in singleplayer. At the deity level you want to get to monotheism ASAP for crusaders (Barbarian protection) and Michelangelos Chapel and after that, straight to democracy, or you will get behind in tech.
You can't afford to get ironworking before democracy. After democracy, though, you wanna go straight for gunpower -> you have to get ironworking.
But if you run democracy properly, you will get tech every 3 turn, so you will get gunpower far too fast for legions to make any use.

Archers, on the other hand, are excellent for early barb protection. And I usually get it in huts so I don't have to research it :D

I'm not very good at english, hope you can understand it.

warior's are the worst because anybody can kill them:p

Disagree - the worst unit for its price in civ2 is the spy, with the diplomat coming in a close second. I say that because these two units are far too *cheap* given there capabilities. Think about it, one 20-shield diplomat can steal ANY technology owned by the target civ, even if that tech is centuries beyond the tech level of the civ that steals it. A spy can potentially yield a whole lot of techs for the cost of 30 shields, and both units can potentially bypass SDI and nuke a city(!) for a fraction of the production cost of a Nuclear Missle. Talk about overpowered and game-breaking!

Top Bottom