there is no point in playing cultural with a small empire anymore

basically, what i'm saying is that the patch makes the cultural win too hard to accomplish. if i play with a small empire, i won't attack enough so that i can have a decent amount of culture from killing (i think it's an advantage in the honor branch, which btw makes the Aztecs even less appealing) and if i play with a big empire, i can't rely on the broadcast towers which are now useless. in any case, cultural victories are almost out of reach lol.

Igoring the fact that Honor only gives culture from barbarians, the culture you get from combat has always been peanuts after the Classical era. The Aztecs' strength actually lies in playing it small and tall and the easiest victory condition to pursue with them has always been scientific. Unless you're constantly at war with everyone, the culture from kills just allows you to neglect your culture buildings while you establish your first policy tree.

How difficult a victory condition is depends a lot on your playstyle.

Apparently, there was a problem with Policy Finishers increasing the culture cost as well.

Apparently, there was a problem with Policy Finishers increasing the culture cost as well.

The recent fix has patched that, thus you shouldn't have problems anymore with a culture victory if you were before.

Yeah, the game was just patched and they fixed the SP finisher bug.

But I disagree with the OP. Pre-patch I won Cultural games with 1 or 2 cities. In my second game post-patch, I got a CV with 4 cities, and I kinda bumbled along and didn't really try very hard. I got it around turn 310 or so... and that was without Sydney Opera House, Cristo Redentor and a general lack of good planning.

With the SP fix, I think a Cultural Victory is much easier and very much in line with the Diplo and Domination victory.

yeah culture victory in this game is boring.

This is what should happen, Firaxis should make each patch available so civ players can choose which patch they'd like to apply when they play a game. Like it used to be with BTS, some people used 3.13, some 3.17, I used 3.19. You should be able to download and apply the patch you want. Why play with a patch that completely ruins the way you like to play? Keep everyone happy and playing. Thanks to steam too much has changed, we cannot even mod properly anymore, no .dll.

Top Bottom