Thinking of the Modern Ages

Strider

In Retrospect
With less than 20 turns untill the current queue runs out, and with only 5 techs remaining, it's time to think of what we want to research in the modern ages.

Do we go for a science victory and acquire the spaceship parts? Do we want to win with a diplomatic victory?

Discuss.

Science Department

Fission.

If we want a Diplomatic victory, let's use a prebuild and build it. After that, Computers, Ecology, Synthetic Fibers to keep our military premeir.

Even if we eventually don't want Diplo Victory, Having the UN will deny other nations that Victory.

My predictions:

Us -> Us
Mao -> Mao
America -> Us
Aztecs -> Us
Russia -> Abstain
France -> Us if we be nice
Babylon -> Abstain
Iroquios -> Abstain
Rome -> Abstain
Zulu -> Abstain

We will not win. Solution? Bribe, bribe and turn the world against China. With bribes.

Research techs that would lead us to build WMDs and Modern Armor (Just use the WMDs as deturents)

Let's do it, but make sure we win the Diplowin :) Again, we need to isolate China politically.

Provolution said:
Let's do it, but make sure we win the Diplowin :) Again, we need to isolate China politically.

If we nuke anyone preemptively we aren't going to get a Diplowin.

Not preemptive then.

Anyways, fission first and end this game asap.

Provolution said:

And the way to do that is to get China into wars they don't want to be in. See who they're trading with, and if it's a civ we're at war with, sign an MPP so that they go to war if we're attacked. Or, sign an alliance (impossible when the AI is trading).

Ok, Strider left me in charge. W00t!

Anymore thoughts people? It looks like at least 7 of us are for researching Fission first, but what about after that? Polling the Science policy is always kind of tricky, so I think what Strider would like to do is just have the simple yes/no poll with a proposed que. We'll be in the Modern Age in about 14 turns, so we need a policy soon.

I would say Fission, Ecology, Rocketry, Computers, then Space Flight and Satellites. If we go for a UN victory (something else we have to decide soon) this should hold us.

PS: pls send me questions for debates I have none so far k thx

Ginger_Ale said:
I agree with Crimso's - Black_Hole, yours has a good general idea, but I don't think we need Modern Armor at this moment.
maybe i shouldnt have stuck synthetic fibers on there, but ecoloby(imho) has very small use if you arent using it to get ecology.
and in that case computers would be of more use than ecology

I'd say Fission -> Computers (Mech Infants!) -> Ecology -> Rocketry -> Miniturization -> Recycling -> Genetics -> Nuke Power -> Laser -> Robotics

I agree that we probably won't need Mod Armor. Unless we we have a world War and the first vote is inconclusive.

Top Bottom