This game is bad and you should feel bad for buying it

I still remember the days when patching via the internet was uncommon, and games were generally released 'good to go' from day 1.

There's definitely a grain of truth in what the OP is saying.

Civ6 is NOT worth paying for at full price right now!

I was gaming before the internet became mainstream. I've witnessed the growth of PC games from the humbler Civ I and Diablo to the far more complex Civ VI and any of the new MMOs coming out this year.

Times have changed. Either change with them or become a grumpy curmudgeon. The choice is yours.

I was gaming before the internet became mainstream. I've witnessed the growth of PC games from the humbler Civ I and Diablo to the far more complex Civ VI and any of the new MMOs coming out this year.

Times have changed. Either change with them or become a grumpy curmudgeon. The choice is yours.

My original plan was to wait 6 months to a year before buying Civ6 and get it at a discount, but I couldn't resist buying at launch.

When Civ7 comes around I will probably end up waiting...

This ain't Tetris. Cheer up, what was released is pretty good considering how complex it all is. And in a short amount of time it will get a whole lot better.

I have a policy with trolls. Reply only with a random comment unrelated to what they are posting. Keeps them chasing their tails for hours!

So:

People who bought this game full price are the reason video games suck now. The video game companies rush out buggy half assed half finished games with the rest to sold as dlc because they know a large portion of their customer base are literally dumb enough to buy anything. There is no one with a functioning brain who could have seen the previews and first looks of Civ 6 and still thought it was worth purchasing right now.

I agree. And the fact that the squids are completely incapable of running a chip shop that opens at 4pm on a Tuesday is completely immersion breaking too.

You're welcome :thumbsup:

I still

I still remember the days when patching via the internet was uncommon, and games were generally released 'good to go' from day 1.

There's definitely a grain of truth in what the OP is saying.

Civ6 is NOT worth paying for at full price right now!

Same here. And what happened if a game wasn't working properly on release? Word spread and no one bought it, and it was forgotten about.

These days, though, people just spend full price on a half baked product in the vain hope "patches will fix it." People's standards have stooped so low. Video game companies must be in hysterics over the inanity of some people.

I wouldn't call people "dumb" for buying it. Misled by the Devs yes. Happy with unfinished games being released to line the companies pockets 2 weeks before their quarterly profits announcement yes.

You're welcome. :crazyeye:

This

Not only am I not going to feel bad, I'm going to enjoy playing the game. The game is actually released in a fairly good state. People forget how bad Civ3 was at release, and how bad the first expansion was.

People who bought this game full price are the reason video games suck now. The video game companies rush out buggy half assed half finished games with the rest to sold as dlc because they know a large portion of their customer base are literally dumb enough to buy anything. There is no one with a functioning brain who could have seen the previews and first looks of Civ 6 and still thought it was worth purchasing right now.

Hmmm okay. gladly my malfunctionning brain still seems to have fun, which beats by far your seemingly perfect brain that seems to be stuck on being an insulting, ignorant jerk.

Oh wait..

Seriously, gtfo

Why am I feeding the troll, why??? Because I'm in the midst of the most entertaining game of Civ that I've had in years! I never had a game in Civ 5 that can even approach the amount of fun I am having right now. Haven't had this much fun since Civ 4! I don't disagree with the core point that profit drives game publishers to release games earlier than they should but unless it's totally unplayable (and this game does not fall in that category) you can just deal with it. Yes they will then continue to do this sort of thing but there are business realities that the publishers have to deal with too, it's not as cut and dried as saying 'release a game that doesn't suck at the beginning'. Wish it was but it's not. I'm sure the devs themselves would like to release a game that had as few issues as possible, but those business realities intrude on that process. Such is life. There is little in this world that doesn't suck in some fashion, deal with it.

Anyway, enough of this! I'll be idiotic and stupid and get back to having the time of my life with Civ 6!

I have a functioning brain. I think. Not often, but it happens.

Axiom 1: There will always be critics no matter what. You can never please everyone.
Axiom 2: Refer to Axiom 1.

I've been a Civ player longer than I care to admit. Sure, there have been faults and flaws with every iteration, but so what? Mostly 'faults and flaws' are subjective - "Aw, I don't like this (or that)." Sometimes perceived 'faults and flaws' are ironed out by Patches, Updates or DLC. But not always. It depends on whether your perceived faults or flaws were addressed.

The whole point is whether you are having fun or not. In my life I have wasted more money on lesser things than Civ 6.

The alternative to the game getting released in its current state now isn't the game getting released in an improved state now. It's the game getting released next year. A great many people, myself included seem to be enjoying having it now.

And the thing is, releasing the game now doesn't make it any worse for people who would rather have waited. In fact, when those of us who are enjoying the game post constructive criticism, it actually helps the developers improve the game faster. This means, thanks to the ubiquity of Steam sales, that you can actually buy the game at the same time the developers would have released a "finished game" and have it be better balanced while costing a fraction of the original price. As long as you understand your options, everyone wins.

Must be nice to be the only human being with a functioning brain in the whole world. Lonely, too. My heart goes out to the brainy one. Meanwhile, did I mention I have over 200 hours on Civ VI already? No brains, no problems. Life is good.

My family are obviously in cahoots with The Evil Ones (tm).

Yesterday, for my 61st birthday, they let me play Civ6 for 24 hours in a row;
they made sure my coffee mug was never empty, and delivered cake, "the devil's parsley" and pistachio nougat to my desk.

It was shallow, hollow fun - the sort that only the truly brain-dead could enjoy.

Top Bottom