This game needs more clothes!

sukritact

Artist and Modder
I just noticed the fact the SIamese, the Khmer, and the Aztecs share the same clothing base:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Which I find sorta funny. I sorta get Siam and Khmer sharing outfits, though both outfits are totally wrong for the Industrial Siamese Bangkok period. Really baffled at the Aztecs sharing the same model though.

I suppose it's not surprising they're using a lot of reskins, but it is a little disappointing. It actually gets really painful in the Industrial era, I'm not sure there's any variation in the model for the women's clothes for western cultures.

It's definitely a low priority thing, but hopefully they'll come back to address it. Credits to ruski_puskin on Reddit for compiling all the photos.

It seems like a disappointingly large amount of outfits are just palette swaps, beyond just the ones noted in your post :undecide:

It seems like a disappointingly large amount of outfits are just palette swaps, beyond just the ones noted in your post :undecide:
Some of the shared ones can be really amusing: so like the Aksumites, Mayans, and Mauryans also share the same male model base in the Classical.

Chalk it up to the "One-ness of Humanity" - but you are absolutely right, every DLC they issue should include an expansion of the options for the Faction Leaders until they have, at least, more specific and appropriate models for each.

While I fully agree, I am more annoyed by the lack of variation in voice acting for the personas.

Missed opportunity for Zhongshan suit for the Chinese leader, and a cossack hat for the Soviet leader.

There were probably time/budget/production limitation, which caused some inaccuracy and redundancy . As it was showed in the feature focus video about Personas and Avatars : they made a lot of work of researches with a bunch of artworks for all the cultures outfits; so we can hope it will be improved progressively based on the research work they already made.
And it was already done through the beta, they added new outfits for Ming and Joseon (male and female) which used the japanese one with different pattern before, for exemple.

I noticed than most of poeple on reddit mostly wanted variety for contemporary era, and didn't ever noticed the reskins for the era before Industrial. So I don't know what would be the priority for outfits improvements if it happens, but I am hoping than this eventual focus will not only be for the modern outfits even if it need it ^^.

I don't know if the engine could handle that, but I would have loved than outfits were for both genders. For exemple, being able to have the roman toga with my male persona and the roman breastplate with my female persona. But I think it would be really complicated to make it work for a lot of cultures.

In term of suggestions, nothing new, I am taking the ones from the discussions which already happened on reddit and discord :
Some old fashioned suits for contemporary, with different color and pattern for being shared, like morning dress for Americans and Japanese.
Opened vest with waistcoat for Turks and Australian (ala Ataturk and John Curtin).
Indian presidents don't wear suits, but Nerhu jacket (if I am not wrong ?)
I am completly okay if they go with post-stalinian suit, instead of the stalinka which is often demanded on the reddit. I mean, it's important to remember than their History is not only tied to one man.
And as always, some small accessories could add more uniqueness, tie, bow tie, pocket watch, pocket square, a small chain, ...

For industrial era, I don't know enough about Siam-Thailand History, but I was surprised than they didn't choose a later imagery for the avatar clothings and units uniform. The current ones remember me more "Early Modern Ayutthaya", but I am maybe wrong. I guess it was to make them more distinct from the others military outfits which are already really similar.

Not a fan of Aztecs ones. I would have liked than these patterns would have been used on simpler aztecs clothings, as we can sometimes see in some historical studies instead of overly complex clothing we always see in games, sobriety looks way more pleasant to me.
(like I really love the Ghana/Ummayads outfit)

well we will see.

So The Emperor's New Clothes may have come off the 2nd hand rack?

Aztec, Khmer and Siamese shared same clothing design but with different pattern.

The clothing for Industrial Siamese is remind more of Ayutthaya rather than mid-late 19th century clothing. Industrial Siamese cloth should be like White or Red Army full dress uniform like during King Rama V's reign, or even Raj pattern cloth is also a good choice.

For Aztec, the cloth is really inaccurate as the cloth is more like Thai style.

For Khmer leader cloth I think it should similar like Jayavarman VII clothing in CIV VI or adding Khmer chest armor.

Missed opportunity for Zhongshan suit for the Chinese leader, and a cossack hat for the Soviet leader.

I was shocked why Chinese leader did not war Zhongshan suit but generic suit instead. Chinese leader should wear Zhongshan suit.

Top Bottom