Those damn Babalonians

sealman

Hater of Babylonians
not complaining - just venting. In my current game, the Babs and I are slowly starting to pull away from the pack and what do they always do.... Demand trubute. Since I do not want to pay, and they are on the other side of the world (with 3-4 civs between us) I decide not to pay and they declare war.... After a few years, we sign a simple peace treaty and then it starts all over again.

We have been in a state of war off and on for, I would say, close to 200 years but never once have our forces fought each other. Pointless.

In the emortal words of Eric Cartman, "I hate those guys. I hate them so very, very much."

Sorry for the vent but my wife just doesn't understand.

Yeah, the Babs are always on my ass whenever they're in a game of mine......they seem to have programed Hammurabi to be eternally obnoxious, whatever the situation. I found myself screaming at the screen once when he started giving me sass for like the 20th time in one game.......I know, I know.....;)

I've never had a problem with the Babylonians, it those damned Romans! No matter what, they always seem to want to attack me as soon as they discover me.

Hate it when I start next to them dang babo on and ons.

Other side of the planet? Heck with them.

Next to you? Kill them.

Somewhere in between? Uhh... still kill them... eventually.

Still far away later in the game? Kill them anyway.

My civ3 strategy is so lame. Guess I'm just "kill everybody".

To hell with diplomacy and ethics. I say mow them down!

If a civ demands tribute, I almost always declare war on them if they don't on me even if I'm not doing so good military wise. Even if I don't win the war I've found that they're far less likely to demand tribute after you've burnt a few of their cities to the ground.

Originally posted by vanx
Hate it when I start next to them dang babo on and ons.

Other side of the planet? Heck with them.

Next to you? Kill them.

Somewhere in between? Uhh... still kill them... eventually.

Still far away later in the game? Kill them anyway.

My civ3 strategy is so lame. Guess I'm just "kill everybody".
By far best Strat ever:D :goodjob: But I have to Include de Germans and the Zulu to!:D

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
I've never had a problem with the Babylonians, it those damned Romans! No matter what, they always seem to want to attack me as soon as they discover me.

They are obnoxious early on because they need a war early to bring their UUs to good use.... later on they calm down a lot.....

as for "Kill them all" - despite my nick I preferred peaceful expansion - until CivIII. It just forces you to techbroker - leads to wars sooner or later, and then they are soooo easy to win - and who likes giving territory back???
or you have to go for "kill em all" - ao that`s what I do...

and yes, you can have a rep that scares the hell out of others, even if they are stronger, hehehehehe.....

Originally posted by sealman

In the emortal words of Eric Cartman, "I hate those guys. I hate them so very, very much."

Sorry for the vent but my wife just doesn't understand.

Eh, sealman-

Who the heck is/was Eric Cartman? Sounds like our kinda guy (a vetran Civ player too!).

Regarding your vent/reason,. we understand, thats why we are all here! (Well, at least many of us anyway.)

PS For me its the Iroquois. They never seem to let up either. Really hate those guys ... very, very much!

Thanks sealman, for the info.

Alexandria Va !! I used to life just over the border in Md. (Laurel) until my life ended and I had to move to Tx. Job thing.

Watch out for those Babylonians!

Top Bottom