• Yes

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 99 86.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I_batman

Emperor
Given all the turbulence the last week with more Civ III vs Civ IV shots being fired, I am a little worried to post this. But then again, so what?

Simply put, Civ IV players, if a modified Civ III game was available with say, the top 20 bugs fixed, and it cost $30-40 dollars, would you buy it?

I have absolutely no interest in knowing which each person's personal list is. There are oodles of threads out threads out there that discuss issues with Civ III.
Just a yes or no, would you buy it?

And please answer in the poll, not the thread.

Given all the turbulence the last week with more Civ III vs Civ IV shots being fired, I am a little worried to post this. But then again, so what?

Simply put, Civ IV players, if a modified Civ III game was available with say, the top 20 bugs fixed, and it cost $30-40 dollars, would you buy it?

I have absolutely no interest in knowing which each person's personal list is. There are oodles of threads out threads out there that discuss issues with Civ III.
Just a yes or no, would you buy it?

As far as I know, Civ 3 Complete has ironed out any bugs I'm aware of.
So, if you buy the Civ Chronicles collection as I recently did (lost a couple
of discs) you get all the patches and updates. Been playing Civ 3 for a few
of weeks and had no problems at all, so far. So where's the problem?
Somebody tell me.:confused:

I'm pretty content with Civ4 and honestly, I don't notice too many bugs in either game. There's no need to go back to Civ3, so I wouldn't.

No.

Unfortunately I can't just say No, as it’s less than 10 characters, so I'll have to say:

No, I would not.

To warrant paying that much for a game I have already played (for four years), there would have to be a lot more changes than just bugfixes.

But if a new version included also significant improvements to the AI (armies, artillery, diplomacy, naval warfare), better models for pollution and coruption, a streamlined UI and reduced micromanagement overall, 40 bucks would be fine. :)

Well, I voted yes because I took it to mean new disks and all that, with the top bugs(includes glitches, sprites, and improved AI), and essentially an expansion pack which also deeply modifies some of the core game concepts, I think it would be reasonable.

However, if it's just an update for 40 bucks, yeah. Not worth it.

OK. Just read it. Never encountered any of these and have played Civ3C
since it came out. Many appear to be issues that occur in scenarios I don't
play. Except for one. I have played as Portugal in the Age of Discovery and
trashed Spain. No, the game didn't crash. Some other bugs appear to be a
bit beneficial to the player, so who's complaining? In short, I've never had
a problem. Maybe I'm just lucky. But can somebody answer my previous
question. Civ 3 Complete was supposed to be fully patched and fixed. Was it?
It certainly feels different to previous versions, though I can't say why.:)

OK. Just read it. Never encountered any of these and have played Civ3C
since it came out. Many appear to be issues that occur in scenarios I don't
play. Except for one. I have played as Portugal in the Age of Discovery and
trashed Spain. No, the game didn't crash. Some other bugs appear to be a
bit beneficial to the player, so who's complaining? In short, I've never had
a problem. Maybe I'm just lucky. But can somebody answer my previous
question. Civ 3 Complete was supposed to be fully patched and fixed. Was it?
It certainly feels different to previous versions, though I can't say why.:)

Civ 3 Complete has all patches that were revealed for this game. The problem is, that the last patch for C3C was only a semi-patch that was unfortunately interrupted with the arguement that there is no more time for fixing things, as they now have to work for Civ 4. May be the most famous bugs that did rise up again are the submarine bug and the broken AI armies. Lots of other never fixed options in the editor like the no-corruption-flag, the precision bombing-flag, the forgotten no-raze option and lot of other things (p.e. the lost city view) can give C3C the value, that was originally intended by the creators.

For all posters: Please don´t transport this thread to another thread about different games of the Civ-series. At least two current threads about this theme in my eyes are more than enough. And thank you CyberChrist for only posting the bug-list.

Sorrry for this post as we should answer in the poll and not in the thread. But I thought this question should be answered.

I'm with Zyphyr. I wouldn't even download a free patch that fixed every bug in C3C. I could never go back to the corruption model, not to mention those horrible graphics.

I already have it.

I mean I already have civ III. I'm happy with it.

No, sorry. As much as I would like this great game to be finished properly - but I don't pay somebody to for a pure bugfix to something I allready paid for. Give me five or ten bonus tribes and a few more scenarois or mods and I'll happily reach for my purse...
But I don't see this happening anyway, with or without having to pay for it. Official Civ III support and developpement are as dead as can be. :(

Top Bottom