Thrawns Random SG

(Inherited turn) 1832:
Woah!! This is pretty impressive. So much has changed since I last ruled the land. I call in my advisors.
"Sir" says the Science advisor, "we are technologically advanced, and are researching Radio, due in 7 turns. We'll be able to refer to ourselves as "modern" then". The Trade advisor speaks next. "Sir, we have so many resources I can barely fit them on my notepad. We should seek other sources and trade them with our..." Steve interrupts. "With our FRIENDS? huh? We have no friends. Just a bunch of smelly foreigners who will not acknowledge the superiority of Iroquois culture." The Military advisor speaks. "We have a strong military, and we are at glorious war with the snivelling Persians. It goes smoothly, but we might want to prepare for some island invasions". Culture Advisor: "We have 67496 culture in total, 11822 concentrated in Salamanca."

Large stacks of troops threaten the last Persian cities on our mainland. But a closer look reveals we are attacking metropolises... with no artillery??
I look aound the land, deal with a few rioting cities before hitting the space bar.
Oh joy... A stack of three Persian ironclads destroy our battleship. I have to be impressed with to Soren's AI improvements, as it bombards the battleship with the first two ironclads, and finishes it off with the third.

(1) 1834
One Persian ironclad takes our battleship down to 1 hit point before sinking. We get an elite battleship.
I wonder why Uruk is building a hospital when it is size 9 and STARVING? Micromanage to break-even food and change to a University.
Antioch is captured at the cost of two tanks.
At least a dozen cities drop out of WLTK day. Another dozen or so riot. I consider dropping to Monarchy.

(2) 1836
Canterbury is captured.
Sardis is captured and we capture a catapult!! Woohoo!!
Hamadan is captured.
I start building a tank stack in Eridu in preparation for the assault on Babylon.

(3) 1838
More cities in disorder, war weariness is mounting. I sue for peace with Persia in exhange for three out of four irritating cities on their hard-to-reach island. Then I realize that the cities handed over to us do not come complete with a defender as per culture flipped cities :smoke: Uh-oh. We need defenders and we need them NOW. I drop science to 0% for a couple of turns and rush an airport at Istakhr.
And just as I get peace, I find the artillery stack-o-doom parked outside Salamanca. If only I'd have found them when I was capturing metropolises.
We have a severe shortage of airports. I change all core cities to churn 'em out. so we can get troops over to our new island.
Lots of cities go back to WLTK day. Some borders expand, a good sign.

(4) 1840
Infantry airlifted to Istakhr.
At least six more airports come online in the mainland.

(5) 1842
Airlift tanks to Istakar.
Another four airports are now online.

(6) 1844
Airlifting more troops.
Decide to revolt to Republic for the next war effort to reduce war weariness. This will be a protracted effort to eliminate the Babylonians and the Persians. To hell with our reputation!
Oh dear Mr Hannurabi. Our troops in your land? Really? We move them out for now. Definitely better if THEY declare war.

(7) 1846
We are now a Republic. Minimal loss of income (down about 10 gold per turn from Democracy).
Game froze while setting goto orders for a transport full of tanks :mad: Restarted from previous autosave.
Poor Mr Hannurabi. Those tanks back again? So sorry. Oh... and will you give us Sippar? You will? Thank you very much!

(8) 1848
Mr Hannurabi. We want you to declare war. Are you scared of the 30 tanks outside your cities? Huh?

(9) 1850
I'm getting bored of this. Since you're too scared to declare war I'm going to do it for you.
Hmm... interesting, they want to expand my palace.

(10) 1852
Ellipi captured.
Samarra captured.
Kick Babylon's ass with artillery before going in with the tanks. Four defenders reduced to 1 hit point, Population down from 12 to 9, and barracks, temple and marketplace destroyed. Needless to say Babylon is captured.
Shuruppak captured.
Ur is captured.
Zariqum is captured.
Killed lots of Babylonian longbows.
The Babylonian response to this? One longbowman pillages a road :lol:

(11) 1854
Akkad is captured. Hmm. four happy, one resisting.
I actually see Babylonian riflemen running away from their new capital :lol:

(12) 1856
Kish is captured.
Nippur is captured.
Ninevah is captured.
Ashur is captured.
Lagash is captured. The Babylonian civilization is no more.
Now for Xerxes.
Drop science to 30%. We need cash to rush temples.

(13) 1858
We're building the railroad in former Babylonian territory.
Declare war on Persia.

(14) 1860
Borazjan is captured.

(15) 1862
More railroading.
Transport rushed at Tarsus to get to that Persian island.
Serious :smoke: - I forget to fortify Sippar and it is razed by immortals.

(16) 1864
More railroading.

(17) 1866
More railroading.
Troops are landed on Samaria.

(18) 1868
Samaria is captured.
The great Ex-Babylonian railroading project is completed. Re-fortifying workers outside Salamanca.

(19) 1870
Attack Norwich. One tank killed by a rifleman there, Our cavalry wins against the second defender.
Unfortunately in order to get there I had to pass through Russian land. Catherine got uppity about it, refused to ignore the threat, and I had to declare war on Russia. Since Persia is toast next turn, we needed a new target anyway.
Lots of border expansions.

(20) 1872
After some artillery bombardment of the last Persian city, our 1 hit point tank wins against a 1 hit point rifleman. We capture Norwich, and the "stong" Persians are wiped off the map.

Before handing over, I tidy up our lands and set up stacks of tanks, artillery, infantry and what-have-you outside Salamanca for the next leader to play with.

Notes:
I apologize for taking out TWO civs on my turn. I was having waaaay too much fun!
Lots and lots of cities on wealth to speed research. Fission is due in two turns at a slight deficit. A palace is due in London in four turns and is a placeholder for the United Nations.
Our weakness right now is Navy. Next task is to get a fleet of transports and other paraphenalia built to ship an invasion force over to Russia. Once we capture a city there, rush an airport and airlift troops from the mainland. I have built roughly 15 airports on the mainland to help out with this.
Kill Russia. That should be enough to force the win.
We control 1053 of 1832 squares now. 57.5% of the land mass.

And the save...

Well, the navy I used to invade the Aztecs had a few transports.

The artillery did help with many of the other cities, however, Persia was so weak, I didn't feel it worth waiting the turns to take the last cities of Persia.

Glad to see another temple rush player :goodjob:
I am surprised how many domination players miss this.

My next target vote - the Zulu or Germany.
By the time we take that landmass, game over ;)

Originally posted by lkendter
My next target vote - the Zulu or Germany.
By the time we take that landmass, game over ;)

Well, considering we're at war with the russians, I'll target them. After that, I'd say the zulus. They have been the only civ to declare war on us for the entire game. I think it'll be time to wipe them out. :lol:

And I've got it btw. ;)

Yes, I'm still here. And no, we haven't won yet. I haven't got around to it yet. Don't seem to have much time for civing at the moment. :( So u guys had better skip me. Kefka, this means your up.

ps:if u guys finish it b4 it gets around to me again, could u post the save b4 victory pls?

(0) In 1872 AD Kefka the 10th was elected to be the next leader, his goal that he hoped to accomplish durring his term was to Invade and destroy the Russians and take their home land.
Elected in the middle of a war Kefka quickly came up with a plan to Invade the russian homeland in a two front attack.
Simply just using our transports.

(1) In 1874 the russian city of Maikop was Captured.
The Troops are loaded into many transports and prepare for "Operation Rush in Russia".

(2) In 1876 AD we learn the secrets of Fission and search for the secrets of Advanced flight.
Also the City of Kursk is captured and so is the city of Dnepropetrovsk. Because Kefka can not even begain to pronounce the name of that city it was simply renamed to D.

(3) 1878; The Inteligence Agency is build in Niagra Falls and so the U.N. is begun.
Else were on the Russian front near Moscow two transports release Troops on the the Russian homeland. Those troops begain the frist phase of 'Op. RIR'
as they take over the city of Kiev!
and the Transports go back for more troops :goodjob:

Unfortinatly the Russians were also planing an attack on us and they take over the city of Rostov with their Cossack's. (its the city on the Island)

(4) In 1880 AD Op. RIR Second front attack was begun as we landed troops near Grozny and took it over. the transport now must go back for more troops

(5) In 1882 four transports worth of troops were dropped off at 'Front 1' (near Moscow) and the city of Sevastopol was taken.
One avalable bomber was moved to the City of Kiev.
Also we retook the city of Rostav by rerouting one of our Invasion forces from 'Front 1' they now again own Rostav.

Kefka seems to know that his time is short and he writes a letter that is only to be read by the next leader.
Kefka the 10th Dies, The reason for his death was unknown but all we knew was that Kefka complaned of a servere headache and it is thought that had something to do with his death.

Kefka ends his reign in only five turns, Kefka the 10th now holds the record for the shortest carrier span of all the leaders.

Dear Next leader, who ever you may be.
My time is short and my health is quickly depleting, I must ask the next leader to destroy those cursed russians and continue with the russian Invasion
CodeNamed: 'Operation 'Rush In Russia'. or 'Op. RIR'
Op. RIR consists of a two front attack lead by Mainly by Tanks and Artillery. You will see the Fronts as they are aready open and OP. RIR is already under way.
'Front 1' is near Moscow, which we are poised to take next year. 'Front 2' is near the city of Grozny and just last turn was oppened up. Get more troops to both Fronts especilly 'Front 2'.
All the the extra troops you will need are stationed at near our capital Salamanca
Op. RIR could also stand to get bombers moved to the front line.
we currently only have 3 bomber squadrens and just one is in Keiv helping out OP. RIR

Our Scientist also say they could make us a strong weapon with amazing abillitys but so far I declined their offer to Create "The Manhaten Project" The power of this weapon could change war as we know it and I do not have the Intrest to change war just yet, as we are so good at the Current War!

I trust the next leader to make OP. RIR a rousing success so here is the saved game.

Pre-turn - 1227 of 1833 squares, still around 67% of the world.
WTH - Why do we have 143 gold - Drop science to 10%.
Rush some temples by destroying trapped units.

1884 AD - The Russians recover Sevastopol.
1886 AD - We RAZE Sevastopol.
Continue to rush temples / libraries.
1888 AD - Kharkov is captured.
1890 AD - Moscow is RAZED.
1892 AD - Akwensasne is formed.

1894 AD - War Weariness is starting to hurt - luxuries to 20%, nothing more to buy, as Shaka won't

accept a 5 for 1 deal!!!!
Astrakhan, Riga are captured.
St. Petersburg is RAZED.
The UN is complete, should we vote- NO.

:rotfl:
We get a leader - CornPlanter - I still laugh at that name.
:rotfl:

1896 AD - We are having a fire sale on leaders - Tecumesh joins us.
Kras... is captured.
Tyen... is formed.
Yakutsh is captured.
Up to 1316 of 1833 squares - 71.7%Multiple border expansion.

1898 AD - [dance] Game Over.
We had the top 5 cities.
Score of 2128.
Hiawatha the Clver.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/TRSG-1896AD.zip

ohhhhh well this is the end of the game :( unless anyone wants to continue playing untill all the world is under our control ;)

oh and It won't let me download that zip :(

The link is fixed.

I formed an instant army with "Cornplanter" :lol:

Very next turn I got the other.

Top Bottom