Time to Move to a New Forum

Donovan Zoi

The Return
With a March 1st deadline set, it should be noted that it is customary for the DemoGame to move to the new forum a month in advance. This is just some friendly advice to keep our citizens from enduring the fallout from another last-minute reactionary measure.

We have people signing up in the DG5 registry, which is obsolete! Are we to expect these new folks to follow us on a last minute move to DG6, or are we going to plan this out in advance for once?

To be more precise, in DG5 we only had 9 days of pre-game forums. This was because of our unexpected start time. In DG4 we had 27 days of pre-game forums, thanks to DZ. In DGs 3 and 2 we had 15 days of transitional pre-game forums thanks to Octavian X and Shaitan, respectively. That's our history.

The problem with having an early sign up sheet (Citizen's Registry) is that people sign up, but don't want to wait around for the game to start. I believe the 15 day period is good, with a note in the current CR that states new citizens should wait and come back in two weeks to sign up.

The only real problem with waiting two weeks is that the Mods will have to move all the threads connected to DG6 to the new forums. The benefit of moving now is that late-comers and new citizens will have DG6 information in the DG6 Forums and won't have to come here to find them (let's say the Mods didn't feel like bringing them over).

Between the two options of waiting 2 weeks and starting the new Forums now, I believe that I would choose starting the new Forums now. That puts the majority of DG6 stuff in the DG6 Forums. Keep it simple.

Also, we have to remember that TF is a real busy persion and is the one that has to create the forums themselves ;).

:bump: We are gonna need a new forum before we start nominations...

Also CG, timewise TF doesnt have much to worry about. It would take him about 5-10 minutes to create new forums, and archive the old ones. The mods would move the respective topics.

We have 9 days left, this means we will have less Pre-Game forum time than last game...

Top Bottom