Timer dicussion

Actually in Finland all official electronic voting systems also give an option to cast an empty ballot, i.e. to abstain. Of course it may be that everywhere else this is different, but in my country this interpretation is so universal that I take it for granted that there is no practical difference between casting an empty vote and not voting at all.

Heh we could rename the "abstain" option to a "present" option. The US president voted "present" as a senator more often than not- have that mean "I'm present and I couldn't care less!" or something similar.

That is the answer I was looking for.

I voted to explore other options, but I am OK with appointing Plako as admin as I truly do believe he is fair and wont let us down in our hopes for good admin.

Lets get this solved and move on. We have a game to play. Turbulent times are ahead of us. Stick together team!

Is that an official switch away from "Explore other options" and onto "Approve Plako as admin"? If so, that makes the current tally 9 in support of Plako, 3 in support of exploring other options, and 2 abstaining.

I will exclude an Abstain option from future polls. I apologize for the confusion that this option has caused.

Apolyton has asked for a turn timer change for the August holiday season here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=504547

I will wait for feedback from all other teams before making any decision on the matter, as this is a major extension of the turn timer.

We should get something to Caledorn on this so he can make a decision. While I hate to see the timer extended this long, given the choice between extending the timer or having at least one team miss turns, then I think it's obvious that we have to extend the timer :(

I prefer OT4E's counter suggestion just using pause for this purpose. Only problem I see with that is in-game diplo issues, but I guess in-game diplo is not used so much in the ISDG that it would cause much problems.

Problem is not that there are no players to technically play for Poly, but because MZ is like the one-man-show who knows what is going on, who makes diplomatic agreements and knows how he is planning the war. Also, he is the most experienced general Poly have. So if it comes other players to play during those so important initial turns of the war, we can be really screwed.

Top Bottom