1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Timer dicussion

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by classical_hero, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Actually in Finland all official electronic voting systems also give an option to cast an empty ballot, i.e. to abstain. Of course it may be that everywhere else this is different, but in my country this interpretation is so universal that I take it for granted that there is no practical difference between casting an empty vote and not voting at all.

2. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Heh we could rename the "abstain" option to a "present" option. The US president voted "present" as a senator more often than not- have that mean "I'm present and I couldn't care less!" or something similar.

3. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Is that an official switch away from "Explore other options" and onto "Approve Plako as admin"? If so, that makes the current tally 9 in support of Plako, 3 in support of exploring other options, and 2 abstaining.

I will exclude an Abstain option from future polls. I apologize for the confusion that this option has caused.

4. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

We should get something to Caledorn on this so he can make a decision. While I hate to see the timer extended this long, given the choice between extending the timer or having at least one team miss turns, then I think it's obvious that we have to extend the timer :(

5. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

And I thought you were bumping the thread to continue the "discussion" from pages 2-3! :gripe: :lol:

6. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I don't think we should extend the timer. Every team should have multiple players who can play the game.

7. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

I prefer OT4E's counter suggestion just using pause for this purpose. Only problem I see with that is in-game diplo issues, but I guess in-game diplo is not used so much in the ISDG that it would cause much problems.

8. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Problem is not that there are no players to technically play for Poly, but because MZ is like the one-man-show who knows what is going on, who makes diplomatic agreements and knows how he is planning the war. Also, he is the most experienced general Poly have. So if it comes other players to play during those so important initial turns of the war, we can be really screwed.