Timurid Invasion?

Karalysia

Deity
I was playing the Ottomans and I noticed that there was nothing to simulate Timur's invasion of the Ottoman Empire and the defeat of Bayezid Yildrim at Ankara by Timur in 1402 which proved catastrophic for the Ottomans with Bayezid captured and later killed by Timur, t reversing much of their gains in Anatolia and the Ottomans officially becoming a vassal of the Timurids and ushured in the decade long Ottoman Interregnum, a series of civil wars between Bayezid's sons and various pretenders supported by the Byzantines and Venetians (Mustafa the Pretender being most notorious)

I think this is far too important an event to leave out.

Did I miss it? Because it's the late 1430's in my game now, and I didn't see anything. And I had already conquered Ankara by then, though there were one or two independent cities in the way. Maybe make the Timurids stronger?

Yeah there's nothing. All cities in Anatolia are either mine or independent and when 1402 came (which I was tensely awaiting) I didn't see a single barbarian. Not sure what happened. Did they all throw themselves against an independent city and die?

North of the Black Sea? Because Kiev is gone and filled with barbarian cities which I assume is the Golden Horde. If you mean the northern Anatolian area, then it looks like there is one city ruin east of Sinop but I think that might have been there from before.

Top Bottom