Tiny Earth Long Space Maps

Are you sure, that you don't have nested folder - it has to be mods/Caveman2Cosmos/modstuffinside

Did you tried other scenarios and random maps?
You should get python log and report it to bug subforum

Last edited:
OK. Thank you. I don't really care for scenarios, but I will try other maps.

I added a few map bonuses in the latest SVN update for space terrains. They are as follows.

- Organic Volatiles. On asteroid/KBO terrains or features.
- Extraterrestrial Microbes. Wherever in the solar system (other than Earth) there might be microbial life.
- Xenoflora. Native plant life in planets outside the Solar System.
- Xenofauna. Native animal life in planets outside the solar system.
- Martian Blueberries. On Mars.
- Metallic Asteroid. Metal-rich asteroid wherever in the solar system asteroids are found.
- Abandoned Civilization. In the galaxy, some long lost civilization.
- Abandoned Megastructure. The astroengineering ruins of some advanced civilization, outside the galaxy.
- Exotic Lifeforms. Things like space whales that are found near our beyond the edge of the observable universe.
- Quantonium Crystal. Not new but now it can be found outside the observable universe.
- Helium 3. Also not new but now can be found on gas giants or the Moon.

So far none of these bonuses have any uses other than decoration on the map, but I plan to introduce some uses for them over time.
CO2 ice still can be extracted by improvement, that only lunar workers can build.
So this one will stay here.
So I updated my map as you aren't going to change space resources.
Can I add Helium3 deposit on Mercury? It still can be deposed in its craters just like on Moon.

Here are screenshots of spacemap with resources:
https://imgur.com/a/heLM8
https://imgur.com/a/6YO7W
https://imgur.com/a/o5UCU
Looks like outer solar system is too cramped....

Here is spacemap - place it here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\WorldBuilder - that is where I have on Windows 7.
And here is animal spawn info without latitude/longitude restrictions - place it here: Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Units

This is how I disabled longtitude/latitude limitations - by commenting out in notepad++
Code:
<Civ4SpawnInfos xmlns="x-schema:C2C_CIV4UnitSchema.xml">
    <SpawnInfos>
        <SpawnInfo>
            <Type>SPAWN_ANIMAL_JAGUAR_NATIVE</Type>
            <UnitType>UNIT_ANIMAL_JAGUAR</UnitType>
            <PlayerType>48</PlayerType>
            <iTurns>300</iTurns>
            <iMaxLocalDensity>20</iMaxLocalDensity>
            <iStartDate>-200000</iStartDate>
            <rateOverrideDefineName>ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</rateOverrideDefineName>
            <!-- bLatitudeAbs>0</bLatitudeAbs -->
            <!-- iMinLatitude>-60</iMinLatitude -->
            <!-- iMaxLatitude>25</iMaxLatitude -->
            <!-- iMaxLongitude>-60</iMaxLongitude -->
            <FeatureTypes>
                <FeatureType>FEATURE_JUNGLE</FeatureType>
                <FeatureType>FEATURE_FOREST</FeatureType>
                <FeatureType>FEATURE_SAVANNA</FeatureType>
            </FeatureTypes>
        </SpawnInfo>
        <SpawnInfo>
            <Type>SPAWN_BISON_NATIVE</Type>
            <UnitType>UNIT_BISON</UnitType>
            <PlayerType>49</PlayerType>
            <iTurns>25</iTurns>
            <iMaxLocalDensity>5</iMaxLocalDensity>
            <!-- bLatitudeAbs>0</bLatitudeAbs -->
            <!-- iMinLatitude>0</iMinLatitude -->
            <!-- iMaxLongitude>60</iMaxLongitude -->
            <BonusTypes>
                <BonusType>BONUS_BISON</BonusType>
            </BonusTypes>
        </SpawnInfo>
        <SpawnInfo>
            <Type>SPAWN_BENGALTIGER_NATIVE</Type>
            <UnitType>UNIT_BENGALTIGER</UnitType>
            <PlayerType>48</PlayerType>
            <iTurns>400</iTurns>
            <iMaxLocalDensity>20</iMaxLocalDensity>
            <!-- iMaxLatitude>25</iMaxLatitude -->
            <!-- iMinLongitude>60</ iMinLongitude -->
            <FeatureTypes>
                <FeatureType>FEATURE_JUNGLE</FeatureType>
            </FeatureTypes>
        </SpawnInfo>
And so on - first 3 SpawnInfo are showing all longitude/latitude tags.

Last edited:
I added few Asteroid Surfaces representing big Near Earth asteroids and few Asteroid Surfaces.
Asteroid Surfaces should be settled to unlock Jovian map category type buildings meaning that colony is close to outer planets/Mercury/asteroids.

I also sprinkled Milky Way and its core with Neutron Stars.

OK, great. I am currently about half done with a game on the previous version of the map, so I will take a look at the updated map later.

Not sure where to put this, but when I enabled viewports on a previous iteration of the map to avoid MAF in late game some of my cities/routes on places like Mars and the Outer Solar System along with my space settlers disappeared from view on the map (though they still existed). Earth terrain was fine.

Not sure where to put this, but when I enabled viewports on a previous iteration of the map to avoid MAF in late game some of my cities/routes on places like Mars and the Outer Solar System along with my space settlers disappeared from view on the map (though they still existed). Earth terrain was fine.
Don't use viewports then - I did fine without them.
How many GB of RAM you have?

4 GB, which is the problem, I have an older PC
Use latest SVN, Interference Overhaul modmod, and memsaver option in civ4 config file

; Allows some memory savings *** ALT-TAB WILL NO LONGER FUNCTION ***
MemSaver = 1

You can use windowed mode, if you want to use alt-tab though, but it will crash if you use other full screen application.
Game used like 1 GB of ram when freshly loaded and started my scenario.
Map size is somewhere between Large and Huge.
Turns took me around minute - two at endgame.
Earth zone would be Small map if it was standalone with its 40x40 size or something like that.

Did tests now:
Latest SVN + Interface Overhaul + Memsaver + Graphics on high settings.
Freshly started: 570 MB
Started my space map scenario: 1160 MB
Loaded my scenario at endgame: 1290 MB
One turn at endgame took around 90s to process.

You will be safe from MAFs at late eras as long as you don't play like 5 hours in one session.
Maximum RAM usage is 2900 MB for this game.

Last edited:
call me blind, but where is the download link?!

I changed description a little on first post - now it says what sizes is map, what zones are here, and a little guide for solar system terrains - in game you see Hot Rocky Planet, when you hover on Mercury terrain or when placing it in world builder.

Also it contains minimap of entire map.
How to make it prettier?
It seems like its low res.

@pepper2000 did you figure out why solar system/stars terrain isn't rendering correctly and why black holes aren't rendering?
Edit: F O L Y H U C K
IT LOOKS LIKE "SHOW GRID" OPTION, (this one over minimap) WAS HIDING BEAUTY OF PLANETS AND STARS!!!!!!
Looks like you have to add grid version for planets and stars.
Spoiler :

Last edited:
OK, thanks. No, I still haven't figured out the black hole issue, and I will try to fix the grid issue too.

OK, thanks. No, I still haven't figured out the black hole issue, and I will try to fix the grid issue too.
mmk
Its time to replace blackhole textures with green radioactive cloud texture then.
Basically change link to dds file in blackhole and supermassive black hole definitions.
Spoiler :

Black hole and supermassive black hole could use this distinct "plagued smog" texture.
There are few other green cloud features too.

It seems like only solar system objects are affected by this bug.
Spoiler :

Why no one reported this planet grid bug will remain mystery of century.
Why no one decided to replace black hole broken .nif file with radiation cloud will be mystery of century too.

Spoiler Space map :

Last edited:
ItSmallWorld, it isn't in mod though, installation instructions are in first post.

Let me utilize recent changes to balance.

I changed designated map size to Standard - for first part of game you effectively play on Tiny map and for second part you play on Huge map.
Map Size doesn't act as it was game speed setting anymore. Research modifiers from map sizes were reduced and will be removed.

Game can be played on Noble - Handicap now controls how slow start is and how hard to keep education/crime properties are.
Handicap doesn't act as game speed setting for no AI contact game (no AIs or separated by ocean for long time) anymore.

You can play even on Eternity, as not too big map size and lack of AI maximize speed of game.
Game Speed construction and research cost scaling is equal and scales equally with amount of turns.
Eternity game would be like voyage on Theseus ship.
Several months would be spent on such game.
Within one day there would be barely any change to your civilization.

Era research/construction costs also scale equally.

Prehistoric may be bit fast as there are all terrains making it easy to spawn wide variety of animals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom